• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Razorskin

----- ------
Um the same team that went out and spent a whole fuckton in FA that year? We brought in Campbell 7m, Upshall 3m, Jovo 4.25, Flash 4.5. Not to mention Hubby and Shore made a lot in bonuses this year too. It was a negotiation on bonuses, again nothing out of the ordinary.

First it's about him being too young to play in the AHL, now it's regular ELC negotiations? Get it straight the team spent to the limit of their cap that year and wasnt able to handle more.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just got back from watching This Is The End. Holy fuck it was hilarious.

Also:

iArkYVcVXVHW0.jpg

:lol

Connery looks like he fits perfectly.

First it's about him being too young to play in the AHL, now it's regular ELC negotiations? Get it straight the team spent to the limit of their cap that year and wasnt able to handle more.
Right.. Not that hard to comprehend. It wasn't one single thing, bonuses would've been a moot point if he was in the AHL. He couldn't go the AHL so it was either jrs or the big club. After camp and during the TO period Tallon and his agent negotiated the terms of the ELC. Besides making your own narrative, how is it unusual?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't say he would. But that he'd be a distraction.

They own up to it. We'll see how they react if Torts does it, since he's a bit less elegant.
Lol I've never seen anyone say it was a good distraction, but I could be wrong.

Yeah he is extremely brash and grating. I know I wouldn't like it if a coach went to the media to bitch me out instead of talking to me, BUT you guys do have a point that maybe this is what your team needs.

Socreges

Banned
Lol I've never seen anyone say it was a good distraction, but I could be wrong.

Yeah he is extremely brash and grating. I know I wouldn't like it if a coach went to the media to bitch me out instead of talking to me, BUT you guys do have a point that maybe this is what your team needs.
It might be a good distraction initially as the media is focusing on Torts as they think of excuses to fill blank pages every day instead of drumming up possible controversies.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
How do you say, "You're a loose cannon, Bobrovsky!" in Russian? I'd ask my wife but then I'll have to explain the meme and there isn't enough time in the day.

edit: helloooooo Google Translate: "Вы Loose Cannon, Бобровский!"

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
How do you say, "You're a loose cannon, Bobrovsky!" in Russian? I'd ask my wife but then I'll have to explain the meme and there isn't enough time in the day.

You don't play TF2 do ya?

Razorskin

----- ------

I'd ask my girlfriend but... same deal.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
There wasn't an easy option when I started.

There's two options when you start a game.

One where the units can come back and the other where they don't. I don't remember their names but it specifically asks you which one you want after you select a difficulty.

Acid08

Banned
There's two options when you start a game.

One where the units can come back and the other where they don't. I don't remember their names but it specifically asks you which one you want after you select a difficulty.
Yeah I remember that, I chose the permanent death option.

But difficulty was only Normal or Hard. I think I'm just bad right now. Still learning the systems. For instance I have no idea what dictates two paired up dudes both being able to attack as opposed to only one of them.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yeah I remember that, I chose the permanent death option.

But difficulty was only Normal or Hard. I think I'm just bad right now. Still learning the systems. For instance I have no idea what dictates two paired up dudes both being able to attack as opposed to only one of them.

Ah, OK. For me, it was Easy, Normal and Lunatic.

The more you pair them up, the greater the chance they'll both attack. It's kinda like Social Links from Persona.

Acid08

Banned
Which mission are you on?

If this is your first FE, you'll want to ease yourself in for sure.
Just finished the third mission. And yeah it's my first. I've played strategy games before but not many. Really just FFT and Disgaea.

I restarted both times to keep the guys that died :p but still, not understanding all the systems yet.

Razorskin

----- ------
Right.. Not that hard to comprehend. It wasn't one single thing, bonuses would've been a moot point if he was in the AHL. He couldn't go the AHL so it was either jrs or the big club. After camp and during the TO period Tallon and his agent negotiated the terms of the ELC. Besides making your own narrative, how is it unusual?

Whatever you say man, a team with tons of cap space doesn't negotiate over a few mill in bonuses for a star prospect if they were doing well generating income.

In an interview today, Joe Sakic stated that if the draft was held today, the Avs would pick Mackinnon.

And today everything sucks. In the end it is whether this team looks like the Kings or Hawks in the future. Though if I'm Tallon make run within in reason to secure 1st. We have the depth to absorb losing a few picks and prospects, just nothing damning. Plus I hope we walk out if NJ with 1st line potential rather than 1st pairing.

Whatever you say man, a team with tons of cap space doesn't negotiate over a few mill in bonuses for a star prospect if they were doing well generating income.
Or maybe an agent wanted to more in bonuses than warrented? A lot more at play than "lol southern team no money." SSE doesn't have a problem with income, the Panthers are not the only source.

And today everything sucks. In the end it is whether this team looks like the Kings or Hawks in the future. Though if I'm Tallon make run within in reason to secure 1st. We have the depth to absorb losing a few picks and prospects, just nothing damning. Plus I hope we walk out if NJ with 1st line potential rather than 1st pairing.

I'd say neither since the Panthers don't have money to build teams like those two do

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I still think the Avs are gonna take Jones and might just want Florida to make a swap-offer, since they know Florida wants MacKinnon. Why take Jones at Nr1 if you can take him at Nr2 as well and get something extra? It's worth trying, that's for sure.

Socreges

Banned
Just finished the third mission. And yeah it's my first. I've played strategy games before but not many. Really just FFT and Disgaea.

I restarted both times to keep the guys that died :p but still, not understanding all the systems yet.
You might want to consider starting over on an easier setting. Either dropping to Easy or avoiding Classic (permadeath) mode. That way you can learn as you go and challenge yourself with a 2nd run once you know what you're doing.

Can give you some pointers if you need.

Acid08

Banned
You might want to consider starting over on an easier setting. Either dropping to Easy or avoiding Classic (permadeath) mode. That way you can learn as you go and challenge yourself with a 2nd run once you know what you're doing.

Can give you some pointers if you need.
I wanted to do Classic because as far as I know that is the defining aspect of FE. Easier difficulty might be worth it though.

And yeah, any tips you can give would be appreciated. What I'm having trouble with right now is pairing and how to properly move and place units where they should be.

I read something that said to not be super aggressive which is the opposite of what I've been doing so far.

Socreges

Banned
I wanted to do Classic because as far as I know that is the defining aspect of FE. Easier difficulty might be worth it though.

And yeah, any tips you can give would be appreciated. What I'm having trouble with right now is pairing and how to properly move and place units where they should be.

I read something that said to not be super aggressive which is the opposite of what I've been doing so far.
I only suggest avoiding Classic because it's better you play, enjoy and learn the game while playing the 'wrong' way than choosing Classic and ultimately quitting out of frustration. The game (and series) has excellent replay value so I feel like you can work your way up to Classic.

Top Bottom