• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
When does the compliance buyout window close?

Start of the season, no?

There's another window next year too for compliance buyouts but I hope everyone uses it now

I like the idea of 60 potentially good free agents hitting the market at once

He needs to play games though, It is time for him to get a real shot by now. Signing a big name goalie would be craziness.
He would play, definetly. This season he has proven capable of the #1. He also had rough stretches , which is normal in his development. Having a goalie who can mentor and challenge him for starts is the best scenario (read not Clemmensen). I'd love to have Theo back for that job, but if Lou becomes unhinged from that contract then he would be the best choice.

Cake Boss

Banned
Wayne Scanlan ‏@HockeyScanner 17m

Murray believes Alfredsson is coming back.

freak_out.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
Murray Pam ‏@Pammerhockey 18m

Murray is interested in a particular UFA, is speaking to his agent. Obviously won't divulge

The guessing game begins.

It better be fucking Bickell and not Dupuis or someshit.

Knowing Murray its Penner.

It better be fucking Bickell

Bickell is this year's Ward/Pisani. Some team will give him more than they should and they will regret it not long after.

Isn't that tampering? The player is still under contract until the July 1st negotiating window opens.

Technically yes but it happens all the time.

No one wonders how complex multi-year contracts worth millions of dollars are signed minutes after UFA season officially starts ?

DopeyFish

Isn't that tampering? The player is still under contract until the July 1st negotiating window opens.

Allowed under new CBA... From end of draft (or 25th), whatever is earlier teams can talk to pending UFAs

Afaik they aren't allowed to talk contract or something

Just purely informational

"Opening date for Free Agency shall remain status quo (July 1).
Unrestricted Free Agents may meet and interview with potential new Clubs from the day after the Entry Draft (but not later than June 25) until June 30."

Merguson

Banned
Allowed under new CBA... From end of draft (or 25th), whatever is earlier teams can talk to pending UFAs

Afaik they aren't allowed to talk contract or something

Just purely informational

This year, that specific window is from July 1st to July 5th (hence the late free agency start).

The Draft is on June 30th, and goes for one day instead of the regular two days.

It's insanely busy.

yyzjohn

Banned
Joe Bowen ‏@BonsieTweets 3h
Get ready for a wild week of off ice activity. Nonis will be busy. #tmltalk

Wonder what's going to go down for the Leafs...Phaneuf rumors are getting me excited.

imBask

Banned
What is your guys' take on Torts coming to Vancouver?

they have a good team on paper and I think Torts might wake them up a bit, his coaching technique is very effective until the players turn their backs on him (yelling all the time does that)

Samyy

Joe Bowen ‏@BonsieTweets 3h
Get ready for a wild week of off ice activity. Nonis will be busy. #tmltalk

Wonder what's going to go down for the Leafs...Phaneuf rumors are getting me excited.

They always say this shit so leafs fans periodically spam their website in hopes of some kind of news

DopeyFish

They always say this shit so leafs fans periodically spam their website in hopes of some kind of news

Who the hell uses their official website outside of mapleleafs.nhl.tv?

RealKyper:
#BlueJackets asking 4 permission speak to #Flames Kiprusoff in hopes of talking him out of retire'mt. Doesn't app' he will change his mind

Samyy

Who the hell uses their official website outside of mapleleafs.nhl.tv?

A lot of people, even when im in lectures I see kids checking tsn.ca, sportsnet, mapleleafs.com, everything
Poor Columbus, rumours must be true then about Bobrovsky getting that 10mil offer in the KHL

yyzjohn

Banned

Normally I'd agree but the fact Nonis has already pulled the trigger on a controversial trade makes me eager to see him do more. Seems like he's not afraid to pull the trigger which is good. The Leafs team needs change, it's up to management to bring in the right mix of players. Hopefully they can address the D and #1 center position somehow.

Cactus

Banned
Normally I'd agree but the fact Nonis has already pulled the trigger on a controversial trade makes me eager to see him do more. Seems like he's not afraid to pull the trigger which is good. The Leafs team needs change, it's up to management to bring in the right mix of players. Hopefully they can address the D and #1 center position somehow.

The Leafs have the fewest active roster players signed right now. It'll be interesting to see if Nonis sticks with Burke's team structure or really tries to make a splash.

Samyy

I don't think we can really do both this offseason, if we trade Phaneuf for a C what resources do we have to acquire more D help besides FA signings.

I think we should just check the waters of Weiss and try to find a #2 D to play with Phaneuf. No need to really trade anyone.

yyzjohn

Banned
I don't think we can really do both this offseason, if we trade Phaneuf for a C what resources do we have to acquire more D help besides FA signings.

I think we should just check the waters of Weiss and try to find a #2 D to play with Phaneuf. No need to really trade anyone.

The issue bringing in a #2D with Phaneuf is the expiring contract after this season. What do they do with Phaneuf? I don't think you can bring him back for $6.5M or more a season and I doubt he'll want to take a pay cut. So either get rid of him now or sign him to big money...

DopeyFish

The Leafs have the fewest active roster players signed right now. It'll be interesting to see if Nonis sticks with Burke's team structure or really tries to make a splash.

As long as we have kessel, grabo, kulemin, jvr, kadri, lupul, Gunnar, gardiner, franson, mcclement going into next year... We should be good.

Grabo the weakest leak of all those players but they are all KEY to our success.

(So this means our priority should be to sign franson, gunnarsson and kadri) fill in the rest with whoever

Merguson

Banned
As long as we have kessel, grabo, kulemin, jvr, kadri, lupul, Gunnar, gardiner, franson, mcclement going into next year... We should be good.

Grabo the weakest leak of all those players but they are all KEY to our success.

I suspect one of Franson/Gunnarsson will be traded.

Cake Boss

Banned
Sens likely to draft a forward at 17th pick unless one of the dman they like falls to them, they really like 4 players around the 11-30 range, confident that at least 1 of them will be around the 17th pick.

I am guessing the 4 players are

Erne
Horvat
Rychel
and 1 of Mantha or Domi.

Samyy

The issue bringing in a #2D with Phaneuf is the expiring contract after this season. What do they do with Phaneuf? I don't think you can bring him back for $6.5M or more a season and I doubt he'll want to take a pay cut. So either get rid of him now or sign him to big money...

Shock, you have to pay good players money. If we don't have the money for one decent line of defencemen then we have big problems.

Top Bottom