• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Best Off-Season Ever is just getting started!!!

The only way this is true is if we don't re-sign Cleary and Filppula, buyout Samuelsson, re-sign Brunner, and let the young guys on the roster.

My guess? Cleary is back, Holland moronically lets Brunner go, and then signs some old player for a ridiculous amount of money.

yyzjohn

Banned
Shock, you have to pay good players money. If we don't have the money for one decent line of defencemen then we have big problems.

I have no problems giving stars big money, but to give Phaneuf #1 type money? He's not a 30 min/night workhorse and doesn't deserve that type of cash. The fact that the Leafs have nobody else at the moment to take that role shouldn't by default give him superstar money.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
DOcIYNU.jpg

Samyy

I have no problems giving stars big money, but to give Phaneuf #1 type money? He's not a 30 min/night workhorse and doesn't deserve that type of cash. The fact that the Leafs have nobody else at the moment to take that role shouldn't by default give him superstar money.

Phaneuf would be the cheapest option for #1 as it is.
Theres no FA that could really replace him this off-season and to trade for one would require is to part with our #1 this year and a great prospect or two, which is a cost I don't think we can stand to bear.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Red wings trying to trade tootoo, colaiacovo and emmerton

I think its a mistake getting rid of tootoo when you are about to become part of the NE imo

Samyy

"Bodog has the leafs at a 25/1 shot to win the cop, 11th best in the league"

Wow other teams must really really suck

Samyy

Not a fan of the move AT ALL. I would have much preferred seeing Eakins getting the gig. But somehow, Edmonton.....

I don't think Van management would want to bring a new untested coach for the team when they may only have one or 2 more shots at the cup.

Randy Miller ‏@RandyJMiller 2m
I phoned Bryz a second time to ask about #flyers buying him out. He said he doesn't want to talk and hung up on me again.

Edit: Here is the original tweet:

Randy Miller ‏@RandyJMiller 3m
i just called Bryz. He answered phone and said, "Congratulations to you guys," then hung up on me

What a fuckin' psycho :lol

Top Bottom