• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Holmgren is a compulsive liar...no one is going to want to sign with the Flyers with him as the GM anymore..

Wha?

He never said they weren't going to buy him out.

A report came out and said they WEREN'T going to and he just said "We have not made a decision yet".

Streit just did. And what did Homer lie about? Bryzgalovs agent was blowing smoke.

Columbus+Blue+Jackets+Press+Conference+Introducing+hIxu63rmICIl.jpg

Edit: Here is the original tweet:
What a fuckin' psycho :lol

There's more gems in there

Randy Miller ‏@RandyJMiller
Bryz personally asked me several times if and when I thought the Flyers would fire Lavy

By the way ... I heard Bryz had 4 blowouts last season with Lavy. And I heard players couldn't stand him.

And ... I personally witnessed two Flyers people arguing about Bryz in a bar this year. One was destroying him, calling him a cancer

Cake Boss

Banned
Is it just me or the philly writers are being kind of dicks right now? yeah sure he will be making millions in the next decade and no one will feel sorry for him but the guy still just lost his job, show some professionalism.

Acting like a bunch of school girls picking on the new foreign exchange student.

Revenant

Is it just me or the philly writers are being kind of dicks right now? yeah sure he will making millions in the next decade and no one will feel sorry for him but the guy still just lost his job, show some professionalism.
They've hounded him for awhile, frankly I hope he bounces back this season, Brazil seems like a decent guy albeit a little eccentric

gaming_noob

Wha?

He never said they weren't going to buy him out.

A report came out and said they WEREN'T going to and he just said "We have not made a decision yet".

Oh alright. My bad. I thought he flat out said Bryzgalov wouldn't be bought out.

Btw, Bryzgalov's Capgeek page is down. Too many people finding out how much is owed :lol

yyzjohn

Banned
Compliance buyout kinda sucks, I really wish GMs would have to suffer through those shit cap hits on these type of contracts, oh well.

Is it just me or the philly writers are being kind of dicks right now? yeah sure he will making millions in the next decade and no one will feel sorry for him but the guy still just lost his job, show some professionalism.

Acting like a bunch of school girls picking on the new foreign exchange student.

The relationship he had with that media was worse than Tort/Brooksie

Compliance buyout kinda sucks, I really wish GMs would have to suffer through those shit cap hits on these type of contracts, oh well.

They're still paying for it financially. Snider will be eating EasyMac for a while.

The buyouts are there because the cap is dropping, the NHL can't lower the cap and not give teams options to get under it.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
He's getting paid like $1.4 mil for 14 years

Dude can now sign for less to another NHL team or jump to KHL for more money

There is still options for him.

yyzjohn

Banned
They're still paying for it financially. Snider will be eating EasyMac for a while.

The buyouts are there because the cap is dropping, the NHL can't lower the cap and not give teams options to get under it.

The cap is variable though and is always in danger or dropping if the situation warrants it so GMs shouldn't be signing these stupid deals. Their own fault for doing it. I have no sympathy for them as they signed these cap-circumventing type deals in the first place.

imBask

Banned
The cap is variable though and is always in danger or dropping if the situation warrants it so GMs shouldn't be signing these stupid deals. Their own fault for doing it. I have no sympathy for them as they signed these cap-circumventing type deals in the first place.

finaly someone who agrees with me on that

the cap fluctuation is part of the game and the GMs should've been aware of it before signing dumb deals expecting the cap to go up every year

I have no sympathy for them either but I really blame the NHL more for leaving such loopholes in the system in the first place. Teams will do anything to win, the only way to stop such things is put rules in place.

As for cap fluctuation, it might go down or up a little bit but not by several million.

They are projecting $1B in increased NHL revenues over the next several years, I bet teams are already planning for cap to go up.

DopeyFish

Devils are going to appeal losing their first round pick as the nhl implemented the salary cap recapture, if kovalchuk retires, they lost a draft pick and still have to give up cap

Is it just me or the philly writers are being kind of dicks right now? yeah sure he will be making millions in the next decade and no one will feel sorry for him but the guy still just lost his job, show some professionalism.

People give the gaming press a hard time for being unprofessional, not objective, etc...But I think the whole of journalism is a joke. They don't take the objective perspective they are supposed to, their coverage is full of personal motives, it's pathetic. Hell I once told Kiszla of the Denver post he knows nothing about Hockey and he called me fat and stupid and went on a rant about other people saying the same thing for the next three days. :p

Socreges

Banned
They don't need your sympathy. But more pragmatic people agree that the compliance buyouts make perfect sense and are fair given the extenuating circumstances.

Curufinwe

Devils are going to appeal losing their first round pick as the nhl implemented the salary cap recapture, if kovalchuk retires, they lost a draft pick and still have to give up cap

I don't get why they think they have grounds to appeal. That penalty was for the original 17-year contract, $102 million contract that lasted till Kovalchuk was 44 and only paid him $550,000 in each of the final five years. They deserved to lose picks for that, as well as face recapture penalties when Kovalchuk retires with years left on the only slightly less ridiculous 15 year contract he ended up with.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/news/story?id=5569258

DopeyFish

I don't get why they think they have grounds to appeal. That penalty was for the original 17-year contract, $102 million contract that lasted till Kovalchuk was 44 and only paid him $550,000 in each of the final five years. They deserved to lose picks for that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/news/story?id=5569258

They are stupidly trying to make the mistake of not giving up the last years 1st go away

Brodeur is likely gone after this year unless he decides to retire this summer. Last year wasn't a good year, the devils got annihilated.

They need to rebuild somehow.

Lololol. They know that they are in a rebuild phase now.

Also, still no link on that goalie girl? I am disappoint.

gaming_noob

They are stupidly trying to make the mistake of not giving up the last years 1st go away

Brodeur is likely gone after this year unless he decides to retire this summer. Last year wasn't a good year, the devils got annihilated.

They need to rebuild somehow.

They drafted a bonehead with last year's pick: Stefan Matteau

FAVORITES
Video game: Call of Duty
Movie: Step Brothers
TV show: Two and a Half Men
Actor: Adam Sandler
Musician: Eminem

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?dpid=10412

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

............ So weird.

But honestly, I'm kinda looking forward to it. Not just because it'll be entertaining. We need somebody to wake our team up. We have like... 2 more years in our window, and that's basically the "wake-up" window for Torts before the players start hating him anyway. If we win a cup during those 2 years when he should re-invigorate them, good. If not, he'll be gone before all the players hate him anyway and we'll bring in somebody more suited for rebuilding.

Bring it on, I say.

Best Off-Season Ever is just getting started!!!

Quoting this because it's true after the Bryz buyout.

The only way this is true is if we don't re-sign Cleary and Filppula, buyout Samuelsson, re-sign Brunner, and let the young guys on the roster.

My guess? Cleary is back, Holland moronically lets Brunner go, and then signs some old player for a ridiculous amount of money.

Holland!! You aren't suppose to post what you are going to do in the offseason on message boards!!

Cactus

Banned
I would laugh so hard if Holmgren trades for Luongo. Holy shit. Not only is there the possibility of another Bryz scenario in 3-4 years, but they'd have to share the cap penalty with the Canucks when Lou retires.

DopeyFish

I would laugh so hard if Holmgren trades for Luongo. Holy shit. Not only is there the possibility of another Bryz scenario in 3-4 years, but they'd have to share the cap penalty with the Canucks when Lou retires.

or watch him stink it up and buy him out next year

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

That would make me vomit if he did something that stupid.

Top Bottom