• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Cake Boss

Banned
a regular buyout :>

eklund suggests flyers arent going after luongo anyways and we know he gets his information from holmgrens teat

uhmm he is saying they are.

From what I've been hearing today, it looks like Philly may have a plan underway to acquire Roberto Luongo -- not by trade.

Edit:

When I looked that up, I came across this.

I keep hearing the Oilers are close to moving Gagner. Teams I have heard include the Sabres, the Devils, and the Senators...

Unbelievable, yes what the sens need the most is another smallish center. At the same day he posts this Dreger says that Gagner is about to get resigned a multi year deal with EDM. Its just amazing what he pulls out of his ass.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Not by trade? Pretty sure we're not buying out Luongo...

Unless they're thinking of some elaborate "you buy him out, we sign him and we'll give you Couturier for your 3rd for the hassle" scheme.

Cactus

Banned
Not by trade? Pretty sure we're not buying out Luongo...

Unless they're thinking of some elaborate "you buy him out, we sign him and we'll give you Couturier for your 3rd for the hassle" scheme.

Gillis already said that Luongo wouldn't be back next season, so I think a buyout might be more likely than you think. I really doubt any teams have serious interest at this point. Even if a GM does have interest, he's better off waiting until the compliance buyout window is closed. At that point he can offer scraps in a take it or leave it scenario.

Smiley90

I expect Gillis to HEAVILY try and move Luongo at the draft. Even if it's just for cheap. If not, there might be too much cap risk involved in not buying him out, I agree. We'll see. Best case he's gone by Sunday evening.

DOcIYNU.jpg

I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this...

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
MetatronM said:
I'm ok with this.
It's ok to be scared.
I'm ok with this.
It's ok to be scared.
I'm ok with this.
It's ok to be scared.
I'm ok with this.
It's ok to be scared.
I'm ok with this.
It's ok to be scared.

Smiley90

I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this, I'm okay with this...

I'm ok with this.
It's ok to be scared.
I'm ok with this.
It's ok to be scared.
I'm ok with this.
It's ok to be scared.
I'm ok with this.
It's ok to be scared.
I'm ok with this.
It's ok to be scared.

CASUAL OPTIMISM GOGOGO

yyzjohn

Banned

First Bowen, now Dreger. I'll believe it when I see it although like I said before, the trade for Bernier, love it or hate it at least shows Nonis isn't shy.

Edit: as someone alluded to earlier, this is more of a Dreger "please check our website/twitter feed early and often we wantz the traffic!"

yyzjohn

Banned
Rask looking to get paid as he should. Only 1 goalie went further than him in the playoffs. All power to him (wish he was still on the Leafs)

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
There is speculation that if komisarek gets bought out, it won't be a compliance buyout. Leafs are hoping to use the buyouts as trade bait and they won't use their buyouts until after the draft

sammich

Teams like the flames should trade for people like Dipietro and then buy him out. Of course getting something in the process. They are normally a cap team and they are saving that money that the owners would normally spend anyway. But then, this is why im a fan and not a millionaire owner.

yyzjohn

Banned
There is speculation that if komisarek gets bought out, it won't be a compliance buyout. Leafs are hoping to use the buyouts as trade bait and they won't use their buyouts until after the draft

Hmm, a "regular" buyout would affect the Leafs cap this year and next:

Mike Komisarek buyout from CapGeek.com
2013-14: $2,166,667
2014-15: $1,166,667

Not a huge number on the cap but still, i'd rather just use the compliance and have the cap hit at 0.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 3m
Interested to see if Carolina trades the 5th pick. Need a top 4 D. Could be part of a package. Told Rutherford is getting lots of calls.

Complete The Staal-Trick?

Acid08

Banned
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 3m
Interested to see if Carolina trades the 5th pick. Need a top 4 D. Could be part of a package. Told Rutherford is getting lots of calls.

Complete The Staal-Trick?
That'd be fucking hilarious. Like a soft European version of Slapshot.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
No! Take phaneuf and our 2014 1st!

Then we can trade the 5th and our pick to Tampa for 3rd overall and lecavalier!

Then we draft mackinnon/jones/drouin, Tampa gets a quality pick plus another possibly good pick while being able to re-sign lecavalier for cheap

Please

:)

Samyy

No! Take phaneuf and our 2014 1st!

Then we can trade the 5th and our pick to Tampa for 3rd overall and lecavalier!

Then we draft mackinnon/jones/drouin, Tampa gets a quality pick plus another possibly good pick while being able to re-sign lecavalier for cheap

Please

:)

Canes have cap issues apparently, Phaneuf is the last person they would want :/
:LOL FIVE YEARS WHAT

calder

5 year deal for, at most, nearly 3 years of work? Good deal Torts!

God I can not wait. As fans, is there a way we can torment Torts from afar? Time to start emailing Ed Willes and asking him loaded questions about the Canucks "approach" and whether Torts is a good fit for the "cerebral Canucks".

Top Bottom