• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Well, lets squash those Luongo rumors now.

Via ESPN Insider:

While negotiations with Evgeni Nabokov have reportedly come to a standstill, the New York Islanders are entertaining other goaltending options for next season and beyond. However, Roberto Luongo no longer appears to be a potential target. As relayed by the New York Post, a league source said the Islanders are not in the mix for the Vancouver Canucks netminder.

Assuming Rick DiPietro is bought out -- and that hasn't been confirmed yet -- the Isles have little choice but to look to the swap and/or free agent market for goaltending this summer. The Post's Brett Cyrgalis suggests Ryan Miller and Jaroslav Halak could be trade options, while Mike Smith and Anton Khudobin might be had via free agency. Ray Emery, Jose Theodore and Ilya Bryzgalov are other UFA choices. Of course, there's still the chance Nabokov opts to re-sign with the Isles after testing the market.

Ryan Miller? Yes, please.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Canucks should just buy out luongo already

Tampa fucking bay bought out lecavalier and they aren't a rich team

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Nabakov was awful, why would Islanders want to keep if there are better options out there.

He was definitely bad at the end of the year, but played consistently well throughout the shortened season. He likes it on Long Island ans as you can see, the other options out there aren't all that great.

But I'm guessing he wants 2 years and Snow isn't willing to give it to him based on his age and performance. no way that guy can last through an 82 game season at this point. He needs to go be someone's expensive backup (like Voukoun in Pit/Biron for NYR) and the Isles have no one to play in front of him.

Off topic but Witcher 3 info rap up:

0_0

kw0qR5u.gif

Acid08

Banned
nah he is good and a leader on the team. 7.5 mil is a bit much though.

i'd rather have him then buy him out. getting rid of Gilbert, Konopka, falk and maybe clutterbuck will make cap room.
You'd rather give up Clutterbuck than old, overpaid, slow Heatley?

toro5741

Heatley screws over another team :lol

Nabakov was awful, why would Islanders want to keep if there are better options out there.

Nabakov was awful in the playoffs (stop me if you've heard that one before) but his play down the stretch was a big part of how they made it in. Still, there are better options out there.

Anaheim and the Islanders have been trading partners more than once in recent years - any chance Hiller is available? They need to sign Ryan and they already have Fasth...

cube444

I read the offers were around $5M/year earlier this morning.

The Malkin contract is so disgusting at this point with the cap reduction.

Gonchar at almost 40 years old just got $5M per. :lol

If those offers to Letang are true, then the Pens have no intention to really sign him.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers have started negotiations with Lundqvist, all the major RFAs, and Ryane Clowe. Clowe sounds like he's willing to take a pay cut to stay in New York. Will really depend on how much the RFAs end up costing (since they're all higher priority) and what happens with Richards.

I'm thinking they might not make a final decision on Richards until they know more or less what McDonagh is going to cost.

Acid08

Banned
Rangers have started negotiations with Lundqvist, all the major RFAs, and Ryane Clowe. Clowe sounds like he's willing to take a pay cut to stay in New York. Will really depend on how much the RFAs end up costing (since they're all higher priority) and what happens with Richards.

I'm thinking they might not make a final decision on Richards until they know more or less what McDonagh is going to cost.
Hopefully Clowe realized that no one was going to give him that 7 year deal he wanted.

Also holy shit just realized that if he resigns he'll be coached by Vigneault. He hated the Canucks so that's pretty funny.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Yep!
It never really had a computer that could perform decent but my mac lets me play all the strategy games I want to play so im hoping to pick up some cheap ones.

I never used steam until i found humble bundes for adventure games my macbook air can run, now I enjoy it quite a bit

ShaneB

Yep!
It never really had a computer that could perform decent but my mac lets me play all the strategy games I want to play so im hoping to pick up some cheap ones.

While the Steam sales events are always fun, you'll quickly realize that the deals are all over the place and all the digital sellers are fighting for your dollar :)

Var

I never used steam until i found humble bundes for adventure games my macbook air can run, now I enjoy it quite a bit

My gf has one of the first gen Airs. I was surprised at the games it can run. I got GW2 going on it. It didn't run great but it was playable.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
While the Steam sales events are always fun, you'll quickly realize that the deals are all over the place and all the digital sellers are fighting for your dollar :)

Yep!

You're in for a treat. Although last year's sales were a bit of a letdown in terms of activities (summer camp&potatoes anyone?), so we'll see what this year brings. Summer Sales aren't the wallet-killers they used to be anymore, mostly because a)i already own most games that go on sale and b) other digital resellers (mainly GMG and amazon) have stepped up their game (no pun intended).

I read the offers were around $5M/year earlier this morning.

Where did you read that? I haven't seen any reliable source comment on the contract offered, other than McKenzie saying it was "substantial". $5M is not substantial for someone like Letang, it's borderline insulting.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully Clowe realized that no one was going to give him that 7 year deal he wanted.

Also holy shit just realized that if he resigns he'll be coached by Vigneault. He hated the Canucks so that's pretty funny.
As near as can be told, Clowe's crazy contract terms last year were just to scare away the Canucks and ensure that he'd go to the Rangers. He'd even been watching the Rangers play for a couple of months and had already decided that he wanted to go to the East, so it was basically "if Vancouver wants me here's what it's gonna cost them."

Having to be under Vigneault now is pretty funny, though, I hadn't even thought about that. :D

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I never finished 1 and I still have to finish 2. I made it halfway, then stopped, and have just started playing it again with the rebalance mod.

I still need to finish 2 as well. I like a lot of things in W2, but I'm still not a fan of the combat, menu system and crafting.

Curufinwe

Where did you read that? I haven't seen any reliable source comment on the contract offered, other than McKenzie saying it was "substantial". $5M is not substantial for someone like Letang, it's borderline insulting.

$5M a year is what Gonchar is getting. I can't see Letang settling for that, even if it was an 8 year deal.

Vman

You'd rather give up Clutterbuck than old, overpaid, slow Heatley?

Ya. We can get a good return for clutterbuck. Heatley is still good and scores goals. He was on a 25 goal pace on our 3rd line. He is loved around the team and the cities. We will probably resign him next year if he stays and performs. Most people will laugh but Heatley is a good player and person. It's no coinsidence that his injury led to our pp declining and loosing more games.

yyzjohn

Banned
Buying out Luongo is a last resort. Gillis would trade him for scraps before it comes to that.

Isn't there a clause that if Luongo retires before the contract is up there's a cap hit back to the original team that signed the contract (Vancouver)? The compliance buyout would be worth it for that alone if i'm correct.

I still need to finish 2 as well. I like a lot of things in W2, but I'm still not a fan of the combat, menu system and crafting.

Have you given the rebalance mod a shot? Combat is quite different than before, and the number of items has been reduced and weapons and armour (somewhat) streamlined.

I expect Luongo to be bought out. Why would any team give up anything for him when it's likely he'll soon be available for free and on better contract terms?

Top Bottom