• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Osorio

I wish they did had the unis like they do in soccer

You play in your colors and switch to alternate if the two team's colors clash.

Razorskin

----- ------
134377170386691upq.gif

'Sup everybody. I don't usually post in NHL age, 'cause I don't really know enough about the ins and outs of hockey to contribute. I started watching in 2008 and became a Caps fan. This was a poor decision. :(

Samyy

Perk up chaps yall look sad as fuck
Its not like were an aging team getting swept in the first round or anything.

Cactus

Banned
So, offseason plan? Dump Komisarek, Liles, O'Byrne, Bozak (if he asks for more than 3m), Mac (if he asks for more than 2m) and Kostka.

Throw money at Clarkson, find a third-line C, sign a veteran D-man, and save one D spot for a rookie (Rielly?).

Lupul - Kadri - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - Clarkson?
Kulemin - Colborne/trade - Frattin/MacArthur
Komarov - McClement - whatever

Dion - Gunnar
Franson - Gardiner
Rielly - veteran D (Rozsival?)
Fraser

Samyy

So, offseason plan? Dump Komisarek, Liles, O'Byrne, Bozak (if he asks for more than 3m), Mac (if he asks for more than 2m) and Kostka.

Throw money at Clarkson, find a third-line C, sign a veteran D-man, and save one D spot for a rookie (Rielly?).

Lupul - Kadri - Kessel

Dion - Gunnar
Franson - Gardiner
Fraser

Still cant win faceoffs, biggest disadvantage of the series

Mr.Green

Thread was closed so I'll post it here:

I sent you my # but I'm not gonna answer any calls. I'm sniffling and I'm just going to sound pathetic in a phone conversation right now

Congrats again to the Bruins and their fans.

And to the Rangers too.

:(

As a Habs fan I should probably point and laugh but this is just too cruel. I feel for you man.

Lupul - Kadri - Kessel

Dion - Gunnar
Franson - Gardiner
Fraser

Clarkson wouldn't help this team. This team needs to throw money at a center who can win face offs and play in the defensive end. Kadri isn't ready to be #1 C yet.

bremon

Well at least we won more games in the playoffs than the Habs and Canucks combined.
It's not like there are no positives to be taken from the series. The Leafs stuck with them until the very end. Just making the playoffs was a huge step for the franchise. At least your team didn't get swept by Big Joe.

Liles is useful, especially if Franson/Gardiner are injured. Agree with the rest.

Signing Clarkson would be a lateral move for the team. Better to toss silly cash at a guy like Roy and hope he takes a short term deal.

The Leafs still need a bona fide 1D to play with Phaneuf, someone else who can gobble up huge minutes night after night. Where they can find a guy like that I have no idea.

Lupul - Kadri - Kessel

Dion - Gunnar
Franson - Gardiner
Fraser

Kadri's nowhere near 1C ability. Colborne I want to see more of next year.

Calming down I think this loss came at the best time for the Leafs core considering that our core players are at their, or rather haven't reached their prime yet.

Gardiner - 22
Kadri - 22
Reimer - 25
JVR- 24
Kessel -25
Gunnarsson - 26
Franson - 25
Frattin - 25.

If anything this choke might be the best thing that has happened to this group of players.

UberTag

Calming down I think this loss came at the best time for the Leafs core considering that our core players are at their, or rather haven't reached their prime yet.

Gardiner - 22
Kadri - 22
Reimer - 25
JVR- 24
Kessel -25
Gunnarsson - 26
Franson - 25
Frattin - 25.

If anything this choke might be the best thing that has happened to this group of players.
Your team has a lot to be proud of. They're going to be incredibly resilient in the playoffs in future years because of the experience they've earned the past two weeks.
As folks in the playoff thread noted, Boston turned the experience they gained from choking 4 straight games to the Flyers and turned it into a Stanley Cup run the next season.

Your team has a lot to be proud of. They're going to be incredibly resilient in the playoffs in future years because of the experience they've earned the past two weeks.
As folks in the playoff thread notes, Boston turned the experience they gained from choking 4 straight games to the Flyers and turned it into a Stanley Cup run the next season.

That's what I am hoping for. And not only our players learning but our coaching staff too. Carlyle has had them sitting on leads all season, I hope next year he changes his gameplan to keeping his foot on the pedal at all times.

It's not like there are no positives to be taken from the series. The Leafs stuck with them until the very end. Just making the playoffs was a huge step for the franchise. At least your team didn't get swept by Big Joe.

I'm not too butt hurt...At the beginning of the series I said I'd be happy winning one. Taking it to OT in game 7 is great compared to that, but blowing a 3 goal lead in said game is just an absolute gut-punch.

Top Bottom