• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

It still doesn't come close to the Bruins' own chokejob in 2010 when they lost a 3-game series lead and then, in game 7, lost a 3-goal lead to lose the series. I don't think we'll ever see anything like that again.

The shitty part about that is the following year the Bruins won the cup.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
This Leafs team is far from being finished which is the best thing. The fact that they took Boston to game 7 and were winning 4-1 before their unfortunate collapse is a pretty good feat in itself. Also most of the Leafs players havent even hit their prime yet. If you get the right pieces to fill in, as well as working on your flaws (i.e. Reimer and his rebound control), this team is definitely going to go places that we were hoping for during the rebuild 3-4-5 years ago.

So did Montreal in 2011, the following year they finished 28th...

I don't want to shit on you guys though, next year should be fun. Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Boston, and Detroit fighting for 3 guaranteed playoff spots.

Well our office here in Ottawa is certainly rubbing it in to the Leafs fans here.

Sorry Leafs-GAF :-( (You did it to us too)

I don't want to shit on you guys though, next year should be fun. Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Boston, and Detroit fighting for 3 guaranteed playoff spots.

That is going to be a brutal division to play in.

So did Montreal in 2011, the following year they finished 28th...

Last year Cats took the EC to 7 and look now. This team won't be as injured next season but it is hard to deny the Leafs overachieved this year.

If we draft MacK and resign Weiss or maybe get a stop-gap in Bozak or another this team Healthy will be up there too. Should be fun.

Montresor

Playing Vanquish and Mark Of The Ninja right now. Both titles are really good.

Vanquish a is crazy over-the-top Japanese action-packed shooter and Mark Of The Ninja is a neat stealth and puzzle game on XBLA/Steam. I put both of them on hold because do the craziness of round one but I'm back to enjoying my 360.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Regardless, your guys did extremely well yesterday. Especially Gracnar.

Luka is shaping up to be very good goalie. Hard working, very smart and totally dedicated to the sport. He was shining from the beginning, debuted in our professional league when he was 16. He moved to Salzburg and played for their U20 team and for the first team in EBEL league as 2nd goalie.

This season he was #1 goalie for Salzburg in competition with Brueckler and Auld (both underperformed). He has long term contract with Red Bull Salzburg, but he will probably soon move to DEL (Red Bull bought majority stake in Munchen) or another strong European league. And if he will stay on this route (without injuries) maybe even in KHL or NHL.

Samyy

Time to read up on prospects and who we could potentially be drafting
-sigh-

At 17-21 I dont want BPA I want positional need, I want them to draft a ton of big centers this time around...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Switzerland beat Belarus 4-1 too, now 7-0 and won their group.

Fuck yeah. Our best start ever.

We're now (most likely) playing the Czechs, which we beat 5-2 already. I feel like we can do this.

If we manage to do that we'll most likely play the winner of RUS-USA in the Semis, which will be hard. RUS > USA probably, but we'll definitely have to keep playing the way we have so far if we want to have a chance. I'd be happy with top4 to begin with, though. Not to get too greedy after a historic start like this.

Or how the official IIHF Power Ratings put it:

SWITZERLAND
Just call us the Soviet Union, baby

Switzerland beat Belarus 4-1 too, now 7-0 and won their group.

Fuck yeah. Our best start ever.

We're now (most likely) playing the Czechs, which we beat 5-2 already. I feel like we can do this.

If we manage to do that we'll most likely play the winner of RUS-USA in the Semis, which will be hard. RUS > USA probably, but we'll definitely have to keep playing the way we have so far if we want to have a chance. I'd be happy with top4 to begin with, though. Not to get too greedy after a historic start like this.

Or how the official IIHF Power Ratings put it:

SWITZERLAND
Just call us the Soviet Union, baby
Although both USA and Russia has way better material than you guys especially US has some pretty big motivation problems during every WC. Just today after they lost to Slovakia there was article in Finnish press that they had been drinking last night... Also Russia has won so much during last couple of years that they have gotten pretty damn arrogant not to mention that it seems that the coach has lost his authority over the players. For example Kovalchuk and Radulov played something like 30 minutes against us Finns despite the fact that Russian team is full of good players. During the third period they barely had the stamina to skate. Finland - Switzerland would be great final ;)

Curufinwe

Maybe Horvat will slip. I think he'd be a good fit in Toronto.

14. Bo Horvat, Center, London (OHL)

Horvat is one of the most complete forwards in this draft. He is tough, hard working, and defensively skilled, with enough offensive ability to project as a scoring line player. He was a top player for one of the best teams in the CHL. He is a good skater, with a technically sound stride, as he picks up speed quickly and easily. He is a strong, physical center who will lay the body, displaying the two-way work ethic NHL teams want to see. He is an aware penalty killer, good at faceoffs, and overall projects as a center who will start his shift in the defensive zone more often than not. His creativity progressed throughout this season, and his puck skills, hand-eye coordination, and playmaking vision all rank as above average; he can flash high-end offensive skill. It is difficult to find a weakness in his game.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Montreal fans on hfboards are getting all hot and bothered over Samuel Morin, 6'8" smooth skating defenceman I guess. Weird they have him ranked at 60 on that site, and Frederik Gauthier at 30.

Samyy

Montreal fans on hfboards are getting all hot and bothered over Samuel Morin, 6'8" smooth skating defenceman I guess. Weird they have him ranked at 60 on that site, and Frederik Gauthier at 30.

Jeez he'd increase your average height by a good couple inches

Samyy

I don't really like any of the east teams that are left, so I'll just cheer for whoever is playing against the Pens...

I just don't want the Pens/Hawks to win though that has a good chance of being the final.

I would be pretty happy if SJ won it though.

Passes 6-2. Cats are getting a new 4.2 milli scoreboard from the county. Now the NHL will hold a draft in 3 years and a "higher" consideration for All-Star weekend.

Quick

Banned
Passes 6-2. Cats are getting a new 4.2 milli scoreboard from the county. Now the NHL will hold a draft in 3 years and a "higher" consideration for All-Star weekend.

Go big or go home. Outsize the Tampa Bay Times one.

lightning-scoreboard.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs signed prospect and defence man Magnus Nygren to a 2 year contract. He won the award for best D-man in the SEL this year, but I don't really know what they plan on doing with him with the log jam we already have at D. Maybe Bergevin will use him as trade bait at the draft.

Samyy

Habs signed prospect and defence man Magnus Nygren to a 2 year contract. He won the award for best D-man in the SEL this year, but I don't really know what they plan on doing with him with the log jam we already have at D. Maybe Bergevin will use him as trade bait at the draft.

Sounds like a good problem to have :lol

fallout

For the second straight year we've won the most playoff games out of all Canadian teams.

You might have to get used to this from now on :p
You say that like I should care about other Canadian teams. :)

That said, given the other remaining teams, I'd be happy seeing Alfredsson win a cup.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sounds like a good problem to have :lol
For sure, it'll be curious how Bergevin handles it along with our Center depth, especially because we need some wingers. Hopefully he uses his charming good looks to fleece some fools at the draft.

Top Bottom