• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Acid08

Banned
Canucks Army had a good post about the Luongo stuff that's happening right now.

At the end of the day, Luongo's a player, not a GM, his job is to stop pucks, that's it and he's being paid handsomely for it. Does the entire situation suck for him? Sure? But he's still expected to suck it up and do his job.
:lol "durr just suck it up and play even though the organization made it abundantly clear that they were done with you"

I hope he lets in every shot he faces. Garbage organization.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So that ends up being Cammalleri, Kari Romo, for Bourque + Fucale and Holland. Great trade from the Ghost.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Ryan Rishaug ‏@TSNRyanRishaug 1m
Oilers wanted Fucale. Lombardi was at Oiler table, As soon as Fucale was gone Mactavish and Lombardi shook hands, picks swapped.

Surprised Haag is still on the board.

:lol "durr just suck it up and play even though the organization made it abundantly clear that they were done with you"

To be fair, after the lock out, I don't mind that attitude. Players sometimes really do need to just shut up and play hockey.

Tabris

Why would you hate the organization? What did they do to you? Except fleecing Ehrhoff from you.

Hunter S.

Roy put out our top three lines for next year.. god fucking damnit Stastny is like the zit on my ass that regrows no matter how many times I think it's popped. Also Downie and McGinn are good calls to start Mac out with. I suspect both of those guys are going to be hungry as fuck.
:jnc
Loving Tanguay being back and Footer with the franchise again.

Joe was being honest as many thought. No games!

At the end of the day hockey's a business and they're there to make money. So it does make sense that Schneider got traded instead of Luongo.

Sure Luongo will suck it up and play. He's a professional. But this whole circus will always be in the back of his mind.

With Horvat here Schroeder's days are numbered, unless he plays wing.

Dat beautiful jersey.

62d6f9d1dce34315360f6a706700e52e.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
McCarron, Fucale, and De La Rose we're all in McCaggs top 30, so that's nice to hear, he's usually pretty on point with his scouting.

Colberg and De La Rose have played together, nice.

Acid08

Banned
To be fair, after the lock out, I don't mind that attitude. Players sometimes really do need to just shut up and play hockey.
Lu never spoke out against the team. You're acting like he was running around demanding a trade and being a problem. The organization made it clear they didn't want him anymore and he had accepted that and never spoke a bad word about them. But now he's getting thrust back into it because he was lied to. Gillis hasn't even talked to him yet.

This is the org'a fuck up, not Lu's. So yeah I think it's funny that Canucks fans are taking out their anger on him saying that he should just shut up and play.

James Duthie ‏@tsnjamesduthie 13m
Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini came to Luongo's house in Florida and told him about the Schneider trade moments before it was announced.

"We traded Schneider. Turn on your TV."

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Not this Canucks fan, Acid. I place the blame for this fiasco squarely on the shoulders of Mike Gillis.

Lou deserved better, Schneids deserved better. What a mess.

Top Bottom