• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
MT @THNKenCampbell: Gillis: "Our plan 3 yrs ago was develop Cory and move him for a high pick and that's what we did."

:lol :lol :lol Gillis is so full of shit, it's incredible. If he survives the day with this job, it'll be a crime.

Lu never spoke out against the team. You're acting like he was running around demanding a trade and being a problem. The organization made it clear they didn't want him anymore and he had accepted that and never spoke a bad word about them. But now he's getting thrust back into it because he was lied to. Gillis hasn't even talked to him yet.

This is the org'a fuck up, not Lu's. So yeah I think it's funny that Canucks fans are taking out their anger on him saying that he should just shut up and play.
No, and I never said as much. The organization absolutely fucked up on this, but at the end of the day, after the NHL lock-out, it's hard to feel sympathy for anyone who makes tens of millions playing a sport they love. Should his feelings be hurt? Absolutely, but he's still one of the 0.01% in the world living an incredible dream. Hard to feel sorry for that.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully Justin Bailey is on the board when the Habs pick at 55

Had a concussion earlier this year. His name, along with Nastasiuk keep coming ip on hfboards. Don't really know anything about them personally.

Everytime I mention someone they get drafted.

calder

MT @THNKenCampbell: Gillis: "Our plan 3 yrs ago was develop Cory and move him for a high pick and that's what we did."

:lol :lol :lol Gillis is so full of shit, it's incredible. If he survives the day with this job, it'll be a crime.

Bwahahahahaha oh man.

Acid08

Banned
No, and I never said as much. The organization absolutely fucked up on this, but at the end of the day, after the NHL lock-out, it's hard to feel sympathy for anyone who makes tens of millions playing a sport they love. Should his feelings be hurt? Absolutely, but he's still one of the 0.01% in the world living an incredible dream. Hard to feel sorry for that.
What does that have to do with anything?

Red_Man

Had a concussion earlier this year. His name, along with Nastasiuk keep coming ip on hfboards. Don't really know anything about them personally.

Everytime I mention someone they get drafted.
Risky high-skilled forward with a lot of upside, but has a chance to be a bust, but at 55 I don't mind that kind of pick. Subban might be there too.

Red_Man

I'm saying that I'm not taking my anger out on Luongo.

I just don't feel that terribly sorry for him.
:lol really? Because he makes an athletes wage? Common man, don't be this blind. He could have fucked the Canucks hard but has been amazing through this whole experience Gillis mind fucked him upside down.

RC

Banned

And just like all of Gillis's plans, only he knows about them. And spends about five minutes thinking them through.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Risky high-skilled forward with a lot of upside, but has a chance to be a bust, but at 55 I don't mind that kind of pick. Subban might be there too.

I'm not sold on Jordan Subban, saw him a couple times and he never stood out like PK. At 55 you can't be too picky though.

Curufinwe

I never thought Hagg would last all the way to 41.
robert-hagg-alt-e1351190772155.jpg

Apparently Edmonton is trying to get Coburn, but their best picks are all gone now.

:lol really? Because he makes an athletes wage? Common man, don't be this blind. He could have fucked the Canucks hard but has been amazing through this whole experience Gillis mind fucked him upside down.
At the end of the day, he's still a top tier NHL player making millions doing what he loves. It's hard to feel sorry for that.

Saying that he should just "shut up and play" sure sounds kind of like blind anger to me.
It's not blind anger, it's just saying it as it is. The NHL is a business, Luongo is a business asset. At the end of the day, assets don't represent feelings or opinions to GMs and owners. Ask Setoguchi, Richards, Carter, Lecavlier, Bryzgalov, etc etc.

I guess Bozak is gone for sure.

Grabovski, Kadri, Bolland, McClement and Colborne our 5 C's going into the season?

edit: Gauthier is a big fellow - 6'5, and 210 lbs at age 18.

There goes Bailey :(

How long you plan on wearing those homer goggles for?
And how long are you going to stand up for players after they bent over thousands of people whose livelihoods depended on them during the lockout?

The lockout killed any sympathy I had for either sides in terms of money and livelihoods.

Acid08

Banned
And how long are you going to stand up for players after they bent over thousands of people whose livelihoods depended on them during the lockout?

The lockout killed any sympathy I had for either sides in terms of money and livelihoods.
You're trying so hard to turn this conversation away from the trade :lol

Top Bottom