• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Bertuzzi? Holland and his loyalty is out of control.

That sucks. I would have liked Schneider here rather than playing against him five times a year. And Morin probably won't even be in the NHL for three or four years.
Yeah, I'm surprised they didn't push harder. Seemed like the perfect fit for them. Canucks probably wanted Couturier.

Trying to spin it like Hodgson? Totally different scenario.

It's definitely spin, but Gillis is right. *3* years ago Luongo was the guy and any goalie we brought up in the system was just going to get dealt. The spin is that the plan went out the window after the LA series if not before.

In some sense the deal is sound. Canucks free 4m in cap space, they get a top 10 pick in a fairly deep draft, don't have to deal in-division, and they don't have to make an Edler trade. (There's no way players would come on the way back apart from prospects, not unless there was more players on the way out).

But the execution was garbage. He could have had this deal next week, he could have talked to both guys ahead of time. Gillis was right to rely on the sense of professionalism Luongo gave this entire time, but making a cold hockey decision to one of your best players is not a great way to inspire confidence. So far all it saved him was 1 difficult decision elsewhere while laying the groundwork for some other GM in the future.

Revenant

Lol Schneider was called right after the trade to be informed he was dealt..

"Hey Cory baby, yea draft is going great... you sitting down? You should probably sit down"

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Lol Schneider was called right after the trade to be informed he was dealt..

"Hey Cory baby, yea draft is going great... you sitting down? You should probably sit down"

He was at a fundraiser for the bombing victims in Boston... Imagine cheering at a fundraiser after a bomb like that.

Good news, the goalie controversy is over!

For 2 years, until Lack&Eriksson are ready to become Nr1s...

I eagerly await being furious at Frolik for wasting a partial breakaway in OT by snapping a wrister square into the goalies crest. I've never noticed Frolik in a game where I didn't think he was underperforming somehow, I'm sure he'll be fine being expected to be a second/first liner on a crappy team. Sigh.

So lets go, Comrie and..... trading 61 for three later picks? Snore.

Busts his ass every shift and good on the PK at least. Hope we pick up a FA with the cap space.

Revenant

He was at a fundraiser for the bombing victims in Boston... Imagine cheering at a fundraiser after a bomb like that.

OBqN6.gif

Revenant

Busts his ass every shift and good on the PK at least. Hope we pick up a FA with the cap space.

have to assume hawks have their targets, freely dumping two role players just to stock up on picks. just freed up 5.6 million on two guys playing 3rd and then 4th line minutes. not bad.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Another big kid, but went unranked by all major scouting services......I'm not really a fan of this "draft big" thing Timmins has going, but we already have too many small, skilled forwards. Well have to wait and see how it turns out in a few years.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You can tell Bergevin and TT took the embarrassment Ottawa dished out to us physically to heart.
De La Rose and Mccarron are still good picks and have good upside, but I really hope they didn't neglect more skilled guys just because theses guys are 6'4.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Another big kid, but went unranked by all major scouting services......I'm not really a fan of this "draft big" thing Timmins has going, but we already have too many small, skilled forwards. Well have to wait and see how it turns out in a few years.

Passed over last years draft I guess, seems to be a goon. Hopefully he turns out better than Ian Schultz did.

Top Bottom