• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Passed over last years draft I guess, seems to be a goon. Hopefully he turns out better than Ian Schultz did.
He was injured for the year, and came back and scored 22 goals as an overager. If I ever hear his name again ill be shocked.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Damnit just got home from grabbing a Frappuccino and only heard the last 5 seconds of the Schneider interview? What did he say?

RC

Banned
I think everyone's forgetting (outside of Nucks GAF) that the prevailing sentiment prior to 2011 was to trade Schneids. So when Gillis talked about his plan to develop Schneids so he could eventually trade him, wasn't exactly wrong.

Smiley90

Canucks pick.. another Center.

Cole Cassels (C, 2013), Oshawa – clever two-way pivot who displays good vision .. thinks ahead – anticipates plays before they happen .. particularly effective distributing the puck from the neutral zone .. executes accurate and crisp passes – both forehand and backhand – and requires minimal time and space – can make it look effortless .. propelled by a looping skating style and moderate first-step quickness .. could add power to his stride – straight-ahead speed is average at best, however these areas should improve with physical maturity and added leg strength .. defensive instincts are sound which earns him time on the penalty-killing unit .. shows no fear blocking shots or sacrificing his body .. can excel neutralizing opponents along the boards with solid hits and checks, yet isn’t overly large or powerful at six-foot and 180 pounds .. must guard against letdowns however as he can become static in his own end at times .. must continue to refine his faceoff technique – clearly falls behind on draws .. needs to be encouraged to be more selfish about exploiting shooting opportunities as he too often tends to operate in ‘pass-first’ mode ..

Torts is gonna love this kid.

Acid08

Banned
So as of right now:

Marleau-Couture-Hertl
Galiardi-Thronton-Burns
Torres-Pavelski-Kennedy
Desjardins-Wingels-Burish
Havlat(injured)/Sheppard/Kearns

Vlasic-Braun
Stuart-Demers
Irwin-Boyle

Niemi
Stalock

Havlat is done for at least some of the season but he'd slot in on Couture's line unless Hertl has some amazing chemistry with them. Overall it looks like if everyone's healthy we'll have a damn solid group of forwards with some decent depth next year.

The decision on Burns is going to made this coming week according to a beat guy. He's going to sit down with DW and TMac and hash out which position he should play. Looking at our D corps I really want him to go back to defense. If Hertl works out and Havlat comes back we don't need him to be a forward. Either that or one of our many D prospects is hopefully ready to step up.

I'm excited to see this team play next season. 3 months to go.

Dat beautiful jersey.

62d6f9d1dce34315360f6a706700e52e.jpg

I really dislike our jerseys with the apron stripes, wish they would bring back a new version of the mountain border, maybe with the mountains on the bottom only though, always felt the ones on the sleeve made the jersey look smaller. I like our forward line-up with the addition of MacKinnon. I still wanted Jones, but I understand why the Avs were weary of taking him. I hope we can add Ference this offseason and dump Hunwick and Zanon somehow. Would also love to have Horton, but we don't have cap space for him.

Smiley90

I'm sad I didn't see my new commercial. :(

CAT'S MEOW

HAVE YOU HEARD OF IT YET

CAT'S MEOW

GET YOUR NEW CAT'S MEOW NOW

BECAUSE WITH YOUR CAT'S MEOW, WHICH CATS LOVE

YOU GET AN EXTRA CAT'S MEOW

AND NOT ONLY THAT

BUT CAT'S MEOW

IS ALSO ENDLESS ENTERTAINMENT

Madness

So glad Avs got McKinnon... So hopeful for next season. Got Sakic more involved with upper management. Brought on Roy as coach.

Sucks for what they did to Canucks. Can't wait to see the asshole bandwagoners jump back on the Bobby Lou wagon.

Just amazing that they didn't trade Schneids to Edmonton...

Smiley90

So... with Schneider gone and Ballard most likely bought out, and Eriksson/Lack as our backup, we'll have..

7.3 Mio in Cap Space. Not that bad. With that we need...

Daniel-Henrik-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Booth
Hansen-xxx-xxx
Sestito-xxx-Kassian

Centers could be Schroeder and Lapierre that need to be resigned. 3rd line RW is probably gonna be Jensen for 860k.

D we're set if we resign Tanev, which we most definitely should.

So... with Jensen called up, we'll have 6.5 Mio to resign Lapierre/Schroeder/Weise/Tanev. Not that bad anymore.

EDIT: That is assuming Roy is gone.

EDIT2: Forgot about Kassian. We also have Weise, who's better than Pinnizotto, as 13th forward or so.

bardia

So... with Schneider gone and Ballard most likely bought out, and Eriksson/Lack as our backup, we'll have..

7.3 Mio in Cap Space. Not that bad. With that we need...

Daniel-Henrik-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Booth
Hansen-xxx-xxx
Sestito-xxx-xxx

Centers could be Schroeder and Lapierre that need to be resigned. 3rd line RW is probably gonna be Jensen for 860k. 4th line RW could be Pinnizotto.

D we're set if we resign Tanev, which we most definitely should.

So... with Jensen called up, we'll have 6.5 Mio to resign Lapierre/Schroeder/Pinnizotto/Tanev. Not that bad anymore.

EDIT: That is assuming Roy is gone.

Kassian says hi

Top Bottom