• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Bergevin said he had a deal in place to get a top 10 pick but the other team backed out :( that really sucks.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/f4a28ba837b54430960f4af6009787ad/tumblr_mkmvckVKWL1qaoevno4_250.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Wanted Morin apparently, and was going to take Subban if Van didn't.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
:lol Schneider
This isn't a bad decision. He is a back up but he'll learn from the best and unlike Vancouver, he is for sure going to be their no. 1. Ain't no long term contract here.
It was a fantastic deal by Lou and I think maybe NJ will reciprocate this some day just like Kaberle for a 1st and Colbourne.

I also think you can't give up on Seguin. He's still a great player but there seems to be some bad influences around him and I think he maybe a touch too immature with all the money and notoriety to focus on his game. I thought he was a better pick than Hall, but so far Hall is proving me wrong.

Alucard

Banned
Catching up on the news from today.

Cory Schneider is a Devil? Goddamn! The heir apparent is officially in New Jersey's system! What a steal for that organization. Great insurance policy for Brodeur.

If Letang does re-sign for 7.25 million, I'm going to laugh at what the Habs have to pay Subban. Or maybe PK will just be a "good guy" and take the hometown discount.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
ArponBasu:
Asked Bergevin if Holmgren came to see him in 1st round to tell him 11th pick was off the table: “No, he was making fun of my suit.”

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bergevin said their interest in Vinny would be around an 8 out of 10. It's hard to believe our chances aren't really high then, he would a great guy for Gally to be around for a couple seasons, but there's still the issues of Pleks / DD

gaming_noob

Bergevin said their interest in Vinny would be around an 8 out of 10. It's hard to believe our chances aren't really high then, he would a great guy for Gally to be around for a couple seasons, but there's still the issues of Pleks / DD

Lecavalier on the Leafs makes more sense than on the Habs IMO. Guaranteed first line minutes with one of the best right wingers (Kessel) in the league and JVR that likes to crash the net. He'll have Orr and McLaren to protect him too. Kadri grew up admiring Lecavalier so he'd be a great mentor as well...

MacAttack

Peter Chiarelli on Seguin Trade
Peter Chiarelli said:
“He’s got to commit his mind and focus to the one task at hand,” Chiarelli said. “He’s got to become more of a professional. You know what? I can say that about a lot of 21-year-olds. I know he got criticized for playing on the periphery and all that stuff. He did. He’s got to commit to being a professional and focusing on the game. Simple as that. He does that, we don’t expect him to be crashing and banging. Just play your game.”

Local perspective on Seguin and Chiarelli's comments from Twitter.

Fluto Shinzawa ‏@GlobeFluto 1h
Chiarelli on trade talk possibly scaring Seguin straight: “I hope it does. If it doesn’t, I’d be more concerned."

Fluto Shinzawa ‏@GlobeFluto 7h
Posters correct in noting Bruins likely not angry about Seguin leak. Player needs wakeup call.

Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins 1h
Chiarelli on Seguin: "He's 21 and I expect big things from him. I wasn't satisfied with his year and he wasn't either..." ^CS

Kevin Paul Dupont ‏@GlobeKPD 1h
My read: Bruins worked vy hard to deal Seguin, 29 other teams disinclined.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Lecavalier on the Leafs makes more sense than on the Habs IMO. Guaranteed first line minutes with one of the best right wingers (Kessel) in the league and JVR that likes to crash the net. He'll have Orr and McLaren to protect him too. Kadri grew up admiring Lecavalier so he'd be a great mentor as well...
Lolwut. Vinny grew up in Quebec watching the Habs and wanting to play for them, and he would get top line minutes on the team that was 2nd in the East and getting better. I'm pretty sure he doesn't care about Kadri, and Orr and Mclaren will never attract someone to the leafs.

Quick

Banned
Lolwut. Vinny grew up in Quebec watching the Habs and wanting to play for them, and he would get top line minutes on the team that was 2nd in the East and getting better. I'm pretty sure he doesn't care about Kadri, and Orr and Mclaren will never attract someone to the leafs.

ibac37w46hllyB.gif

gaming_noob

What other team would he have watched growing up in Quebec 25 years ago? It means nothing to a fully grown adult who have been exposed to bigger/better cities.

Top Bottom