• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Alucard

Banned
Just start the rebuild now. I don't care anymore.

Nucks-GAF, welcome to hell.

YEAH WE HAVE FUCKING GAUNCE TOO. WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE DOING?! WHY DOES MIKE GILLIS OVERREACT TO SHIT?!

WHY WOULD YOU NOT TAKE THE FUCKING PACKAGE FROM THE OILERS.

WHY.

WHY.

WHY.

This day is the best, thank you Gillis.

I JUST CAN'T GET OVER THIS. THIS IS THE WORST MOVE THE CANUCKS HAVE MADE IN GILLIS' TENURE. WHAT'S EVEN WORSE IS THE PICK IS HORRIBLE. A 3RD FUCKING LINE CENTRE?!?!?!

TRADE THE SEDINS TO A TEAM THAT FUCKING DESERVES THEM. CAUSE THIS TEAM DOESN'T. ARGH, SO MAD.

THE FUCKING ISSUE IS WE GOT ROBBED. AND THEN WE ALSO MAKE A FUCKING SHITTY PICK FOR A THIRD LINE CENTRE!!!!!

SORRY FOR ALL THE SWEARING.

Oh man. Entertainment galore. You guys really had a blast in here.

I wanted Horvat for the Wings so there would be a player on my favorite team with a last name similar to mine. Now I have to hate him because he is on the Canucks. :(

Alucard

Banned
Whoever your 2nd favourite NHL team is, they are now your all time favourite.

iRrnp7ix26vuA.gif

Gillis won't have his job long enough to see them play. Horvat will get the same treatment and scrutiny Eller received when he first came here.
Not going to lie. I'm indifferent about Gillis at this point. I'm absolutely convinced Gilman is the mastermind behind the organization now. I don't disagree with you about Horvat though. I feel sorry for him to some extent. I wouldn't it's an absolute majority, but there's a lot of very vocal bandwagonners here that are absolutely brutal. Hell, they're ripping on the kid already. It's disgusting.

That said, I think he'd be a good Torts kind of player. Hard working, very good defensively and plays in the gritty areas.

Alucard

Banned
Hey Alu, how is TK defensively?

You probably won't notice him. Can't remember him being a liability or making any dumb defensive zone plays...but he does have a tendency to make snap decisions without fully assessing his options. Again, he's a really hard worker, has speed, and goes to the dirty areas, but sometimes it feels like he forgets that there are 4 other guys on the ice with him. I'll still miss him. :( Hope you guys like him.

tk.gif

Acid08

Banned
You probably won't notice him. Can't remember him being a liability or making any dumb defensive zone plays...but he does have a tendency to make snap decisions without fully assessing his options. Again, he's a really hard worker, has speed, and goes to the dirty areas, but sometimes it feels like he forgets that there are 4 other guys on the ice with him. I'll still miss him. :( Hope you guys like him.

tk.gif
Yeah I'm excited to see how he fits. He's a legit third liner which is great. We potentially have an actual third line now instead of maybe one part of one with fourth liners plugged in.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone else surprised Tabris didn't try his best to spin this trade as great news right away?

I guess you can't always get a premiere passer like Kassian in return, but no posts about Bo's huge upside?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I was pleased with the Wings' draft except for that Bertuzzi pick. Mind-boggling.

Osorio

So...am I supposed to be excited that we gave up our first round pick for Schneider?

Oh and we got Brodeur Jr. at 208th

It's never gonna end.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Steve Rousseau ‏@SteveRousseauQC 5m
@cmorganfoxaz Did Smith get clear confirmation it's going to be Phoenix or Seattle ? Or was he going on same info everyone has ?

Craig Morgan ‏@cmorganfoxaz 1m
@SteveRousseauQC That is unclear to me. He would not elaborate.

:|

Marvie_3

Banned
So...am I supposed to be excited that we gave up our first round pick for Schneider?

It's never gonna end.
Yes.

@cmorganfoxaz Did Smith get clear confirmation it's going to be Phoenix or Seattle ? Or was he going on same info everyone has ?

Told you they weren't dead yet, doper!

DopeyFish

Yes.

Told you they weren't dead yet, doper!

oh they're dead, alright.

CoG vote on Tuesday is entirely dependent on RSE accepting the CoG proposal.

So if RSE does not agree by 5 PM EST on Tuesday, there will be no vote held.

I was more :|'ing at seattle being the only possible destination

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

It's never gonna end.

How can you not be excited? Unless you're trolling...

Brodeur is either done or done next year. If nothing was done, you guys would have no reliable goalie to step in. Schneider already has some seasoning on him and seemed ok for stretches. With the defensive system in front of him and his ability to rob the occasional game, goaltending isn't as huge a concern now.

The biggest need for NJD was goaltending, and Lou solved it...so...easily...?

Overall not the best outcome but I'm really excited with Barkov, gold tooth and all. Great we got a future 1C. Amazing enough at his age he has far more accomplished the Jokinen before he came over. If he can pull out good Joker season of 80+ points I'll be ecstatic. Got some nice project prospects and some solid picks. Now to FA.

Marvie_3

Banned
oh they're dead, alright.

CoG vote on Tuesday is entirely dependent on RSE accepting the CoG proposal.

So if RSE does not agree by 5 PM EST on Tuesday, there will be no vote held.

I was more :|'ing at seattle being the only possible destination

I still don't buy that Seattle is the only destination.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Schneider will be a top 5 goalie with the Devils, I can't believe they worked it out so easily. It sucks were going to have to see him so much now.

depression1_id2374521_jpg_.jpg

edit: Saw your clarification.

yes_icon.jpg

DopeyFish

i'll laugh though if it ends up being quebec and mike smith and shane doan moan and cry when they try to jump ship

Overall not the best outcome but I'm really excited with Barkov, gold tooth and all. Great we got a future 1C. Amazing enough at his age he has far more accomplished the Jokinen before he came over. If he can pull out good Joker season of 80+ points I'll be ecstatic. Got some nice project prospects and some solid picks. Now to FA.

Severely disappointed in the complete lack of meltdown from you. Tabris is outdoing you by miles. Step your game up.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So I assume we're out of the Vinny race at this point?
And
Something has to be done with Grabovski now that we have Bolland?

Unless we buy out Grabovski and Komi, let Bozak walk and possibly get Lecavalier?

And our defense needs work. There's a good system in place now, but we can't rely on Phaneuf and he makes mistakes at the worst times...though I blame that partially on fatigue.

Top Bottom