• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Leafs fans and Habs fans are setting themselves up for disappointment.

He's not signing with either team.
I don't particularly care, I don't want him unless we move Pleks or DD, but Montreal is very likely with his vocal love and want to play with them, and with them being a competitive team.

What other team would he have watched growing up in Quebec 25 years ago? It means nothing to a fully grown adult who have been exposed to bigger/better cities.
So that's doesn't matter? You're trying to use Kadris YouTube channel views, and Colton fucking Orr has reasons he would want to play in Toronto, but where he grew up is meaningless? :lol :lol

gaming_noob

I don't particularly care, I don't want him unless we move Pleks or DD, but Montreal is very likely with his vocal love and want to play with them, and with them being a competitive team.

So that's doesn't matter? You're trying to use Kadris YouTube channel views, me Colton fucking Orr has reasons he would want to play in Toronto, but where he grew up is meaningless? :lol :lol

My main point was LeCavalier would be guaranteed to be the first line center on the Leafs with Kessel and JVR. That top line would be one of the most balanced on the team. The other 2 comments about Orr and Kadri were just supplements. Quit being a jackass.

Red_Man

My main point was LeCavalier would be guaranteed to be the first line center on the Leafs with Kessel and JVR. That top line would be one of the most balanced on the team. The other 2 comments about Orr and Kadri were just supplements. Quit being a jackass.
Just pointing out how ridiculous your "supplements" were, if you didn't mean anything by them then why bring them up at all? Bergevin woudn't bring Lecavlier here if he wasn't going to get top line minutes.

gaming_noob

Just pointing out how ridiculous your "supplements" were, if you didn't mean anything by them then why bring them up at all? Bergevin woudn't bring Lecavlier here if he wasn't going to get top line minutes.

Having 2 top fighters to protect you is most definitely a plus.
Being Kadri's mentor is a positive for Kadri.

Again my original comment (as stated in the first line) is how it would make sense for LeCavalier to be on the Leafs. I did not say LeCavalier is coming to the Leafs; in fact I know he's not signing here. It was a rebuttal of your original comment..

You being defensive and using ":lol" is not appreciated...it's childish.

Alucard

Banned
On Tyler Kennedy:

I wish him well. I probably liked him a lot more than most Pens fans, and I thought he wasn't given enough of a chance this season. He has lots of speed and tenacity. What he lacks is a bit of hockey sense. He seems to want to go through teams on his own, and he just shoots from pretty much everywhere. That would be okay if he had a bit more accuracy.

I hope he does well with the Sharks! Thanks for the memories, TK!

tyler-kennedy.jpg
Ty.jpg
awwhh.jpg

Red_Man

Having 2 top fighters to protect you is most definitely a plus.
Being Kadri's mentor is a positive for Kadri.

Again my original comment (as stated in the first line) is how it would make sense for LeCavalier to be on the Leafs. I did not say LeCavalier is coming to the Leafs; in fact I know he's not signing here.

You being defensive and using ":lol" is not appreciated...it's childish.
I'm using ":lol" because you're trying to use Orr and Maclearn as a reason a player would want to sign with the Leafs, it's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on here.

Moving Halak for futures and Stew+ for Pavs would the ideal situation for us if we could somehow get Vinny. I think it's just a distraction as FA looms though, there's no way I see him choosing STL over an Eastern team.

gaming_noob

I'm using ":lol" because you're trying to use Orr and Maclearn as a reason a player would want to sign with the Leafs, it's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on here.

I didn't say Orr and McLaren were reasons LeCavalier would want to sign with the Leafs. I give up.

Lolwut. Vinny grew up in Quebec watching the Habs and wanting to play for them, and he would get top line minutes on the team that was 2nd in the East and getting better. I'm pretty sure he doesn't care about Kadri, and Orr and Mclaren will never attract someone to the leafs.

Stamkos would be a Leaf if any of that mattered.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Lolwut. Vinny grew up in Quebec watching the Habs and wanting to play for them, and he would get top line minutes on the team that was 2nd in the East and getting better. I'm pretty sure he doesn't care about Kadri, and Orr and Mclaren will never attract someone to the leafs.

There's a gigantic irony of non-leafs fans always going "he always wanted to play for the Leafs" and then actually writing what you just wrote and being serious.

As always seems its always "loleafs" unless its your own team then its actually plausible.

Red_Man

There's a gigantic irony of non-leafs fans always going "he always wanted to play for the Leafs" and then actually writing what you just wrote and being serious.

As always seems its always "loleafs" unless its your own team then its actually plausible.
He vocally said he wouldn't be against playing for Montreal specifically, you can post a similar statement regarding Stamkos / Leafs anytime.

Alucard

Banned
Pens drafted 18-year-old Surrey, BC goalie Tristan Jarry 44th overall today. Stats from this past season:
JARRY_tristan.JPG

2012-2013
EDMONTON
WHL
27 GP
1.61 GAA
1,495 Mins
6 SO
.936 SV%

Scouting report: "He's not a cookie-cutter goalie and doesn't just drop in the butterfly; he'll stand up and read the play and possesses good rebound control. He probably played one out of every four games this year, but each time I've seen him, he looks like a veteran. His smartness and confidence are what have helped him improve and develop his overall game."

FLEURY BE SHAKIN' IN HIS BOOTS.

I'm cool with thinking long-term in terms of goaltending.

Marvie_3

Banned
He vocally said he wouldn't be against playing for Montreal specifically, you can post a similar statement regarding Stamkos / Leafs anytime.

Lecavalier is a UFA. You aren't going to see Stamkos talking about other teams he'd like to play for while he's under contract in Tampa.

Red_Man

He's asking for $5 M x5 years, not interested in that anyways.

"Montreal, Detroit and Anaheim inquired on Alex Edler. Wings made an offer. Habs may circle back. But nothing close at this point"

Interesting, what would Canucks be looking for in return?

eventually our sons will return home

subban___stamkos0_standard_3520_zpsc8f215b5.png~original

one day
:lol stay the fuck away from our team cancer.

gaming_noob

? You repeatedly implied those are reasons that would attract him.

No. IF LeCavalier were to sign with the Leafs, Orr and McLaren WILL protect him, thus giving him more opportunity to do his job on the ice. That's a statement of benefit if it were the case in my opinion. NOT a reason LeCavalier would consider when deciding on which team to sign. Mentoring Kadri would benefit Kadri.

Whatever mayne. You're still a good poster. I can't be mad at you.

Hunter S.

Pens drafted 18-year-old Surrey, BC goalie Tristan Jarry 44th overall today. Stats from this past season:
JARRY_tristan.JPG

Scouting report: "He's not a cookie-cutter goalie and doesn't just drop in the butterfly; he'll stand up and read the play and possesses good rebound control. He probably played one out of every four games this year, but each time I've seen him, he looks like a veteran. His smartness and confidence are what have helped him improve and develop his overall game."

lol, I remember when Roy was celebrated for popularizing the butterfly. I see no revolution in style happening here unlike what happened before.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Why in the hell would a player say "hey I wanna play for my hometown team" while under contract with another team?

Notice how you've never heard Vinny say any of this until he became an ufa?

Red_Man

Why in the hell would a player say "hey I wanna play for my hometown team" while under contract with another team?

Notice how you've never heard Vinny say any of this until he became an ufa?
The point I'm making is that I'm not saying he's more likely to sign here because he's French, I'm saying it because he's actually said it himself.

For $5m and 5 Y I hoe he goes to Toronto.

yyzjohn

Banned
Gillis trade was funny. That plethora of offers for Luongo was just so confusing that he couldn't make up his mind so he traded Schneider.

Leafs trade and picks -- meh.

Alucard

Banned
THIS MAKES NO SENSE WHEN WE HAD BETTER TRADES AVAILABLE CONFIRMED. BECAUSE WE DIDN'T WANT TO TRADE TO OILERS?

Luongo probably feels horrible, I really doubt he wanted to play in Vancouver ever again

Gillis looks a bit sweaty.

I'M SO FUCKING DONE RIGHT NOW. MY ONLY HOPE IS THERE'S SOME KIND OF BACKDOOR DEAL AND ANOTHER TRADE WILL BE ANNOUNCED.

THIS IS FUCKING WORSE, WAY WORSE. KASSIAN HAS A FUTURE. WE GAVE AWAY A FUTURE TOP 5 GOALIE FOR SHIT

Oh man, Tabris delivered. So good.

Kennedy sucked and asked for too much money. He certainly pissed off the front office.

That's a bit skewed. Tim Kennedy hasn't fit in anywhere else and his NHL days could be pretty much over already, but he played well enough to basically take Dan Paille's roster spot, then got awarded a number in arbitration that Regier didn't feel he was worth ($1m), so the Sabres were left without either of them, and nothing in return except a 3rd round draft pick.

As far as Regier/Ruff era blunders go it's probably pretty minor, but it still didn't exactly leave the impression that they knew what they were doing.

Marvie_3

Banned
The point I'm making is that I'm not saying he's more likely to sign here because he's French, I'm saying it because he's actually said it himself.

For $5m and 5 Y I hoe he goes to Toronto.

This means nothing. He knows there are teams that are going to bid for him. If he claims he's interested in a team, other bidders are going to improve their offers.

Top Bottom