• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Damn I forgot Valtteri Filppula was a free agent.

Lots of good free agents this year :O

Horton
Ribeiro
Iginla
Weiss
Filppula
Clarkson
Briere
Ference
Dupuis
Scuderi

CrankyJay

Banned
That's a bit skewed. Tim Kennedy hasn't fit in anywhere else and his NHL days could be pretty much over already, but he played well enough to basically take Dan Paille's roster spot, then got awarded a number in arbitration that Regier didn't feel he was worth ($1m), so the Sabres were left without either of them, and nothing in return except a 3rd round draft pick.

As far as Regier/Ruff era blunders go it's probably pretty minor, but it still didn't exactly leave the impression that they knew what they were doing.

There's more to it tho. Word went around he wasn't taking his workouts seriously and fell out of shape. That's probably why Darcy diet agree with the arbitration ruling. Those are based purely off stats and not other factors.

He didnt do jack for the Rangers so it just tells me he isn't NHL caliber.

Wings seem like the perfect fit for Vinny. Too bad Holland won't offer him more than 2 years which means we have no chance in landing him, thanks Holland!

Just got off the longest hangover of my life.

Apparenrly Lazar's a winner now, nice.

Any word on our later picks?

Seems decent, a bunch of projects that may or may not pan out like almost all players taken in the later rounds

6'4 Swedish goalie, another Swedish forward, a 6'5 D-man forget the others.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
4th period says the Habs have been busy on the trade front taking calls on Plekanec, and Bergevin asking about Ryan, Perron and Edler. Much rather him make a move at trade then at UFA.

Seems decent, a bunch of projects that may or may not pan out like almost all players taken in the later rounds

6'4 Swedish goalie, another Swedish forward, a 6'5 D-man forget the others.

I've been playing chicken with my data cap all weekend just to follow the top 10.

Knowing Canucks gaf's inevitable metdown is so close yet so far is killing me.

Also lol at Nashville taking Jones, some things are just ment to be.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wings seem like the perfect fit for Vinny. Too bad Holland won't offer him more than 2 years which means we have no chance in landing him, thanks Holland!

And yet he gave 36-year old Samuelsson an overpaid 2-year contract with a NTC.

E-DuB

Tell me they dis not just buy out suicidal jesus Rick DiPeitro.

I can tell you a lot of things, that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, that water is wet, that there is nothing more beautiful than the laughter of a baby, but this I cannot tell you...

It's not a bad contract because he'll make Nishkunin the next Malkin.

It's only two years. Dallas doesn't really have any gross long term contracts anymore. Nill is going to be able to really shape this team in the way he wants over the next couple years.

And when Gonchar signed there, the mentoring aspect was the first thing I thought of. Not necessarily mentoring Russians, but the young D prospects there. When you're in a rebuild and have plenty of cap space, signing a vet D who can still play to a two year deal isn't the worst idea ever.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Stl needs a centre right? A deal around Pleks / Perron would be awesome then bring in Vinny.

Alucard

Banned
So, the Letang contract is being held up because Shero won't give Letang a verbal promise that he won't trade him at the end of next season, which is the last year of his current contract. Shit could be getting real very soon.

Stl needs a centre right? A deal around Pleks / Perron would be awesome then bring in Vinny.

Pleks is certainly an option for us, but there are others that I'd rather see first.

Pavelski is still the ideal candidate, especially if Stastny isn't available in division until he goes FA next summer.

Moving Perron/Stewart and Halak should free up enough cap space to sign Pavs and another unless Army seriously loses the resigning Petro game.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So, the Letang contract is being held up because Shero won't give Letang a verbal promise that he won't trade him at the end of next season, which is the last year of his current contract. Shit could be getting real very soon.

Yuuuuuuuuup

He doesn't want them to screw him out of his NTC

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I seem to be slowly emerging from my dazed stupor. Docs are pretty sure I have mono (which is honestly what I initially thought I had almost a week ago).

Rangers have been decently busy at least. Sounds like we've done a good job of building some defensive depth.

Sucks that we're pretty much assuredly losing Clowe, though. I really like what little we got to see out of him, and I know he really wanted to be a Blueshirt for the long term. Shit sucks for all involved there. That's part of the immediate price to be paid to keep Richards on the books.

Tabris

Still 82 degrees outside, what the fuuuuuuuck

It was 30 Celsius (86 Fahrenheit) today in Vancouver. I realize that's not that hot for a lot of you southern folks, but we barely have any A/C anywhere as it only gets this hot maybe 3 weeks of the year.

I cooled off in the pool my building has and in restaurants with buddies. When I was at home this weekend, I would get a cold cloth and have it on my neck 24/7 with 2 fans on me.

Acid08

Banned
The Bay Area is great because it's not humid and never gets too cold. The 100+ days are just murder though. Of course if you live in SF it almost never gets that hot.

Hunter S.

Shoot, 86 degrees is pretty normal in Colorado Springs. I only consider it hot if is 92 degrees or more. That is when you got to walk around nude.

It was pretty hot in Calgary today. Going to Vegas next week, it is going to be insane being on the 40s. Can't wait!

I'm heading to Vegas next week as well!

EDIT: Also it's been really pleasant in Dallas the past few days. Low 90's.

Last week we got to 106 and with the Gulf of Mexico humidity it honestly felt like I was sitting under the thigh of Melissa McCarthy.

Top Bottom