• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm heading to Vegas next week as well!

EDIT: Also it's been really pleasant in Dallas the past few days. Low 90's.

Last week we got to 106 and with the Gulf of Mexico humidity it honestly felt like I was sitting under the thigh of Melissa McCarthy.

Nice. Love that you can get great deals on hotels.

Nice. Love that you can get great deals on hotels.

Yeah.. Got an offer from Bellagio. 3 free nights + 2 for 1 show tickets and $100 in Free Play. I'm staying for 4 nights. It also happens to be EVO at the Paris Las Vegas next weekend. (Fighting game tournament) Unfortunately I forgot to register.

Soon as I booked I got another offer for later this fall at MGM Grand for another 3 free nights. Looks like I'm making a few Vegas trips this year!

Also using my miles for flight since I have over 250,000 banked. Essentially the trip is costing me $67.00 since I'm splitting the room with a friend (4th night split in two)

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah.. Got an offer from Bellagio. 3 free nights + 2 for 1 show tickets and $100 in Free Play. I'm staying for 4 nights. It also happens to be EVO at the Paris Las Vegas next weekend. (Fighting game tournament) Unfortunately I forgot to register.

Soon as I booked I got another offer for later this fall at MGM Grand for another 3 free nights. Looks like I'm making a few Vegas trips this year!

Also using my miles for flight since I have over 250,000 banked. Essentially the trip is costing me $67.00 since I'm splitting the room with a friend (4th night split in two)

That's pretty awesome. We are staying 3 nights at Monte Carlo and we also used miles for flights and only had to pay about $100. Lots of shopping and pool side drinking.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...3-nhl-draft-rookie-photographs-155531390.html

Holy shit.

Gustav-Olofsson.jpg

asdfasasdsfsasdfds.jpg

Haha

Osorio

The Bay Area is great because it's not humid and never gets too cold. The 100+ days are just murder though. Of course if you live in SF it almost never gets that hot.

I'm heading to SF on the 20th.

I still don't believe that it doesn't get hot in the summer but goddamn do I hope it's true.

lupin23rd

Speaking of giant babies, how about 1990 6th overall stud pick Scott Scissons? LOL

Canucks traded up to get Shawn Antoski the same year :(

Yes I was looking through hockey cards late last night.

Lawd. No way that was an intentional pass. But he can keep the puck vs 3 and still make a pass to a scoring area. Amazing composure at 17.

Edit: There is a longer look at that play out there. Barkov takes the check into the boards before hand and hangs onto the puck. After he looks up and sees 2 more dudes coming to pick him up. From there he turns away and makes the pass to the net knowing his dudes will be open. Amazing read on the developing play and able to keep his cool under pressure.

Anyway, I forgot Gonchar's was just two years. I still think it's sorta bad since he'll decline more, but I can't fault Dallas for trying.

We signed Gonchar for 3 years and everyone thought that would that would be a disaster (especially in his final year). But he was pretty solid here in his last year.

Players like him don't decline as much as people think. He should be pretty solid in Dallas as long they don't expect him to play top minutes.

calder

My sister just got back from Vegas, said it got up around 50C.

I've been through there in late fall, and it was so hot I thought I was imagining it at first.

Tennessee is sneaky-hot, Texas is hot and humid as shit. It's awful. I found LA to be too hot in summer but not as bad as Texas really, it's that humidity that kills you.

Going to be 30ish here next week or so. Thank god summer on the prairies is just hot enough normally that everywhere has A/C. Lol suck it up Vancouver, I have the A/C in my apartment cranked so low I'm a bit cold if I wake up in the middle of the night.

Curufinwe

after all the reports about what a bad guy he is in the locker room I can't see any team taking him.

I bought a house in Vegas and I am driving from Philly to it now. I am loving getting to see so much of the country.

Are you going to get Center Ice so you can watch the Flyers games?

Socreges

Banned
We signed Gonchar for 3 years and everyone thought that would that would be a disaster (especially in his final year). But he was pretty solid here in his last year.

Players like him don't decline as much as people think. He should be pretty solid in Dallas as long they don't expect him to play top minutes.
We'll see how sheltered he has to be, but at $5m I'd want him out there a fair bit. But hey if Dallas has the space and no one else to spend it on, whatever.

We'll see how sheltered he has to be, but at $5m I'd want him out there a fair bit. But hey if Dallas has the space and no one else to spend it on, whatever.

I doubt he will play $5M worth of minutes (except maybe PP). But he had a big influence on our D-men like Karlsson, Cowen, Wiercioch in his time here. If he helps Dallas' prospects develop it will be worth it for them.

There's some risk there to be sure but there always is.

I bought a house in Vegas and I am driving from Philly to it now. I am loving getting to see so much of the country.

Are houses still dirt cheap there ? I was shocked what you can buy there when I looked some time ago.

We were tempted to move but I don't know if that's the kind of place I'd want to raise a family in.

Top Bottom