• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Ever been to Vegas, Schu? I've been three trimes now - it's a single man's paradise.....leave the wife home :p

Yep, many times. One time was a bachelor party, this time is with wife. Will still have a great time, it will just be different, lol

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
after all these years of "Red Light" Rick DiPietro, Rickety DiPietro, and countless other unflattering nicknames, I gotta say, I'm really bummed that he's gone.

Guy had so much potential and really wanted to be the face of the franchise. Its a shame how it all worked out, but its a good sign for the organization that they no longer plan to use his contract to hit the cap floor. Maybe now we're ready to play with the big boys.

after all these years of "Red Light" Rick DiPietro, Rickety DiPietro, and countless other unflattering nicknames, I gotta say, I'm really bummed that he's gone.

Guy had so much potential and really wanted to be the face of the franchise. Its a shame how it all worked out, but its a good sign for the organization that they no longer plan to use his contract to hit the cap floor. Maybe now we're ready to play with the big boys.

His ego hurt him as much as his injuries

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So, tonight's the night, Glendale. Don't disappoint me. Stand strong and send that team packing.

JoshuaCooper ‏@JoshuaCooper 5 min
Poile said he talked with Lecavalier, but Lecavalier would prefer to be on the east coast

Suck it Dallas and other West Coast teams!!

East Coast for Life!!!

Until we get pushed into the West again next year after Phoenix moves to Quebec :(

Andy Strickland @andystrickland

Those close to Tampa Bay #Lightning say Vinny Lecavalier is still good below the dots but insist getting around the ice is a struggle

Maybe Holland is right about the 2 year deal, though I think I would push it to 3 depending on if Vinny does want a somewhat longer deal.

If he does sign with a team offering 4-5 years, they may regret it big time down the line.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
WSH puts Jeff Schultz on unconditional ($100) waivers for purposes of buyout. Ditto for NYI and Rick DiPietro.

SZAB, CUBE, RELIX

WE DID IT YOU GUYS!

WE DID IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

Cake Boss

Banned
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 5m

Waivers: DiPietro, Rick (NYIbuyout) Russell, Kris (STL) Schultz, Jeff (WSHbuyout) Hunwick, Matt (COL) Zanon, Greg (COL) Gill, Hal (NSH)

Hunwick lead the Avs in icetime for Dman and the only dman that wasnt negative.

pretty decent dman for a team looking for depth.

Kris Russel isnt that bad as well.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
So, tonight's the night, Glendale. Don't disappoint me. Stand strong and send that team packing.
A new challenger appears...

http://kuklaskorner.com/hockey/comments/new-partner-in-the-mix-regarding-coyotes-purchase

Don Muret @breakground

Global Spectrum says it has partnered w/ Renaissance S&E to "ensure financial, promotional success" of #Coyotes arena.

Don Muret @breakground

@globalspectrum owned by Comcast-Spectacor. Firm also owns #Flyers. Now it could be partner w/ prospective #Coyotes owner. #NHL

Samyy

Absolutely.

He has played around the same number of games as Reimer though, in front of a stronger team. What do you think is the difference between them?

(Not trying to see Reimer is better, just for the sake of discussion)

And like Reimer, he hasnt played more then around 30 games a season.

Osorio

He has played around the same number of games as Reimer though, in front of a stronger team. What do you think is the difference between them?

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Vancouver give up a lot of shots?

Hunwick lead the Avs in icetime for Dman and the only dman that wasnt negative.

pretty decent dman for a team looking for depth.

Kris Russel isnt that bad as well.

Russel wants more than we were willing to give him. Also means we're going to resign Leopold. Cole as 7th.

Not particularly happy about this. Defensive pairings in the Kings series this year were abyssmal and a lot of that was Leopold. Russel started off the season poorly but ended well before being benched for Leopold. If he can keep his game up, he'll be a fantastic #5/6. I can't imagine he clears.

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 5 min
Yes, playing East is a factor for Lecavalier, but not the only factor. Dallas is still in the mix.

DANG IT NILL AND DALLAS!!!!

The Red Wings are out of the bidding for Vincent Lecavalier, who is seeking a five-year deal for $5 million per season, which is a longer term and more money than Detroit is willing to offer. Lecavalier's agent told teams he has identified a club he wants to play for. It's believed to be Dallas.

STUPID DALLAS, STUPID OFFSEASON, STUPID MANAGEMENT, AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Socreges

Banned

Pretty substantial difference in career save%.

Schneider is incredibly consistent. Lots of poise and rarely overplays the puck. You can expect him to remain in the .925+ range.

Strange seeing certain people defend/praise Schneider without reservations, though. I'm sure that'll change when he's firmly a Devil, but for now he's in that weird limbo space where he's not really identified with any team.

Probably because in the last 3 years he has had the best stats of any goalie.

(Look's up stats for last 3 regular seasons combined...)

#1 in GAA, SV%
#26 in wins
#23 in shutouts
#36 in icetime
#20, #38 last two seasons in shots against

I think it's a fair question to ask, especially given his playoff record. But he's still clearly a starting goaltender.

Socreges

Banned

#1 in GAA, SV%
#26 in wins
#23 in shutouts
#36 in icetime

I think it's a fair question to ask, especially given his playoff record. But he's still clearly a starting goaltender.
He had always been excellent in the playoffs (small sample, of course) before the San Jose series where he came in off an injury. I wouldn't draw anything from that.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

#1 in GAA, SV%
#26 in wins
#23 in shutouts
#36 in icetime

You should really put those wins/shutouts in terms of per game, yeah. But Nr1 in % and GAA really says it all.

yyzjohn

Banned
You should really put those wins/shutouts in terms of per game, yeah. But Nr1 in % and GAA really says it all.

Most he's ever played in a season is 33 games though. I agree he's a #1 but can he handle 60+ games and put up those numbers? NJ historically has had great D and low shot totals so I think it'll work out for them.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Most he's ever played in a season is 33 games though. I agree he's a #1 but can he handle 60+ games and put up those numbers? NJ historically has had great D and low shot totals so I think it'll work out for them.

That we just don't know yet. But he's done nothing to indicate otherwise, so the original question of "Is Schneider ready to be a starter" deserves a resound yes.

Cake Boss

Banned
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 37s

Bozak contract talks expected to resume today with Leafs. Proposal on the table believed to be 8 years at less than $5 mil per.

lol Nonis.

How many 2nd/3rd line centers can one team have?

Bozak
Kadri
Grabovski
McClement
Bolland

Samyy

Bozak contract talks expected to resume today with Leafs. Proposal on the table believed to be 8 years at less than $5 mil per.

lol Nonis.

NOOO OH GOD FUCK NOOOO
HES NEVER HAD A 50 POINT SEASON AND SCORED 20 GOALS WHATS THE FUCKING BASIS FOR THIS CONTRACT!

He had always been excellent in the playoffs (small sample, of course) before the San Jose series where he came in off an injury. I wouldn't draw anything from that.

I think it's fair to look closer, especially for the guys here that discount Bobrovsky's Vezina because he didn't make the playoffs. There's no question Schneider is good but the Canucks did win 2 out of the last 3 president's trophies, so it's harder to compare, especially compared to, say, Luongo doing his best with all of those horrible Panther teams. The playoff stats tell us two things:

1. He still makes a ton of saves
2. He hasn't had a hotstreak like we've seen with Thomas, Quick, Smith, etc.

Career playoff record: 1 W, 4L, .922 SV%. 2.59 GAA

Welp after reading this by Kahn, count me depressed and much more disappointed for next season. Bring on a random full season lockout for next year!!!

It's going to be like last offseason all over again

5 years for Vinny at this point is way too much. They could regret that decision in 2 years.

I hope they regret it right away and miss the playoffs. They will be my new hated team for this year like Minny was last year for me. Though I have to thank them for sucking and us beating them on the last game of this year to make the playoffs.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

lol Nonis.

8 years?

5 Million? (sorry less than but still!)

This boy cray-cray!

I hope Nonis just outright vomits right after reading those proposals.

Cake Boss

Banned
If Bozak is resigned at all I'm done.

Maybe there's a plan to buyout Grabovski? I don't know.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 3m

Grabovski's $5.5 thru 2016-2017 is tough. Buyout? Eat salary and trade him (limited no-trade clause)? Or, hope for a bounce back season?

8 years?

5 Million? (sorry less than but still!)

This boy cray-cray!

I hope Nonis just outright vomits right after reading those proposals.

8 years at $5 million per?

Nonis....

gsd3D55.gif

Samyy

I would pay Bozak 4 mil, over 5 years to be the 2C IF we buyout Grabo.
But only because we are in such a dire need of centers and Bozak has proven to be a bit more consistent.

On the flip side if Grabo plays like he did before his miles better then Bozak...
Ultimately I think we should keep Grabo, give him another year and let Bozak walk. We can sign Weiss or let Kadri play 1C.

yyzjohn

Banned
lol Nonis.

How many 2nd/3rd line centers can one team have?

Bozak
Kadri
Grabovski
McClement
Bolland

Nonis won't give Bozak 8 years. What the agent wants and what the team is willing to give are two different things. The Boland trade was Bozak's exit music.

Socreges

Banned
I think it's fair to look closer, especially for the guys here that discount Bobrovsky's Vezina because he didn't make the playoffs. There's no question Schneider is good but the Canucks did win 2 out of the last 3 president's trophies, so it's harder to compare, especially compared to, say, Luongo doing his best with all of those horrible Panther teams. The playoff stats tell us two things:

1. He still makes a ton of saves
2. He hasn't had a hotstreak like we've seen with Thomas, Quick, Smith, etc.

Career playoff record: 1 W, 4L, .922 SV%. 2.59 GAA
I can't tell if you're disagreeing with me or just adding to the conversation. I don't disagree with anything you've said, apart from "but the Canucks did win 2 out of the last 3 president's trophies" since the importance there is impossible to measure. Not like those Canucks teams weren't still giving up a ton of odd-man rushes and chances in the slot. Their defense was always active pushing forward and pinching. Schneider and Luongo were not making easy saves.

Well I guess next best option is to get Weiss and resign Brunner once he see's what he can get on the FA market. Of course Brunner will now probably sign elsewhere. Weiss and Iginla future coming up!!

Top Bottom