• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Players like Tim Thomas who didn't even get a chance until he was in his thirties...

Ed Belfour, Martin St. Louis both undrafted and weren't great at first... How many bust prospects could have become great?

There's always going to be some players that fall through the cracks. Some guys never get a chance, some guys don't figure out what it takes to be an NHLer until much later. Some guys need to be traded or put on waivers before they wake up(I think Grabner falls into this category).

I think you'll find the list of 1st rounders who were rushed into the NHL to be much much bigger than guys who "never got a chance".

Acid08

Banned
"Wow! My lifelong dream has come true!! #FLAMES" - TJ Galiardi

First and last time that will ever be said.
He's from Calgary.

He tweeted something about thanking DW for working with him through this "process". My theory is he asked us for too much money, Sharks refused, and he requested a trade or else it would go to arbitration.

ZeroGravity

So the Lightning traded for Columbus defenseman prospect Drew Olson, with the intention of having him play forward at rookie camp.

You can't make this shit up.

Sacco an assistant coach in Buffalo:

Buffalo Sabres head coach Ron Rolston today announced Joe Sacco has been named to an assistant coaching position with the team. Sacco will start in his new role on Rolston’s staff immediately, joining fellow assistant coach Teppo Numminen.

Wonder how weird it feels to go from a head coach job to an assistant.

calder

Busy day today, but I get through it by occasionally opening tsn.ca and reading about Bozak's 8 year proposal. Jesus lol. Under 5 a year is fine, even good, but any team giving more than 5 years is insane.

A 20-year-old woman is accused of striking a young child with her car, deliberately bumping the kid’s irate father with the vehicle and refusing to listen to police officers and biting one cop in the hand.

The incident began around 11:30 p.m. as the woman was attempting to leave. Police say the woman, in a rush to get out of the crowded area, hit the child but caused no major injury.

"The father of the child became upset at which time the female proceeded to drive her car into him multiple times attempting to push him out of the way. Again, no injuries were sustained," police said in a news release. The man also escaped injury.

Officers were called to the area, but things only got worse.

"Attending members instructed the female to pull her vehicle off to the side of the road repeatedly, which she refused. Due to the heavy pedestrian traffic, the female was unable to proceed any further. It was at this time officers requested that she turn off the ignition to her vehicle for public safety reasons, again she refused," police said.

"As a result of the circumstances presented, one of the officers reached into the vehicle turning the ignition off. While doing so, the female proceeded to bite the officer causing an injury."

Police pulled the woman from the car and arrested her. She is now facing a long list of charges including assaulting a peace officer, failing to stop and remain stopped by a peace officer, failing to remain at the scene of an accident.

A 17-year-old female passenger was also arrested and charged with obstruction.
We call that a pretty chill Monday night as no one was stabbed into a coma.

Socreges

Banned
Busy day today, but I get through it by occasionally opening tsn.ca and reading about Bozak's 8 year proposal. Jesus lol. Under 5 a year is fine, even good, but any team giving more than 5 years is insane.

We call that a pretty chill Monday night as no one was stabbed into a coma.
"Meanwhile in Winnipeg"

Acid08

Banned
Nah man, you guys are set

Marleau-Couture-Hertl
A. Draftpick-Thronton-Burns
Torres-Pavelski-Kennedy
Desjardins-Wingels-Burish
Havlat(injured)/Sheppard/Kearns

Vlasic-Braun
Stuart-Demers
Irwin-Boylee

Niemi
Stalock

This is like a man born with no legs deciding one day to try walking. Good luck.
That's A. "2015" Draftpick to you

RC

Banned
Home team.

Haters..The Flames can't suck forever.

PT9noxs.jpg

Samyy

I love that Bozak thinks "under 5 million" is generous. Unless that means no more than 3.5 million, what has he done to earn more than Desharnais or Turris?

Connor McDavid?

I dont even know why Nonis is talking to him as we already have 4 centers and then Colborne in the minors

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
McGuire just said NBC wants to start showing Preds games on national tv now that they have Jones.

Also Weber is officially a UFA Habs not giving him a QO.

yyzjohn

Banned
As a Leafs fan I apologize to all non Leafs fans about the BS you have to listen to from Leafs fans over valuing their players. Of course you have that in every fan base but it seems far more prevalent here in Toronto. Kadri is a good prospect and might eventually be a solid 2nd line center. He's nowhere near that yet.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
As a Leafs fan I apologize to all non Leafs fans about the BS you have to listen to from Leafs fans over valuing their players. Of course you have that in every fan base but it seems far more prevalent here in Toronto. Kadri is a good prospect and might eventually be a solid 2nd line center. He's nowhere near that yet.

How DARE you project Wayne Kadri as a 2nd line center?

HART, RICHARD, ART ROSS NEXT YEAR! GUARANTEE! DESTINY!

Please...the other fans do it as well and I don't think Leaf fans do it any more than any other team, but there are just more of us.

Zack Elite Playmaker Kassian

Red_Man

How DARE you project Wayne Kadri as a 2nd line center?

HART, RICHARD, ART ROSS NEXT YEAR! GUARANTEE! DESTINY!

Please...the other fans do it as well and I don't think Leaf fans do it any more than any other team, but there are just more of us.

Zack Elite Playmaker Kassian
Dopey single handedly does it more then other fan bases

Red_Man

Hearing the #Rangers traded Christian Thomas to #Canadiens for Danny Kristo

Wait. What? Who the fuck is Thomas? Fuck this.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Hey screw you bub!

Kessseeeeelllllll for life!

Red_Man

Seriously what the fuck, Kristo must have major off ice issues.

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 3m
Hearing the #Rangers traded Christian Thomas to #Canadiens for Danny Kristo

WHaaaaaaaaa

I loved this kid
What kind of player is he? I'm not happy with this.

Quick

Banned

I make no apologies.

Praise Nazem Christ. Hail Duke of Deke, Nazem Kadri.

As a Leafs fan I apologize to all non Leafs fans about the BS you have to listen to from Leafs fans over valuing their players. Of course you have that in every fan base but it seems far more prevalent here in Toronto.

And I in turn apologize to everyone, Leafs fan and non-Leafs fans alike, for having to read the above pablum.

Seriously what the fuck, Kristo must have major off ice issues.

What kind of player is he? I'm not happy with this.

He is Steve Thomas' son. He's not big, but he's a sniper. 50 goal season in the OHL. Had 19 last year for Hartford. I was really high on this kid. RW.

Here is a hi-light video from his draft year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDdNJmknyc0&list=FLGGpDvhBBrp994vxQ4onJ4Q

Kristo played with boy Kreider and Stepan on the Gold Winning US junior team in 09

Top Bottom