• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Thomas-McCarron-Gallagher

Goliath and Two Davids Line
McCarron is a winger.

Thomas was at the Rangers development camp right now, I wonder if he'll come over for the Habs DC.

That seems like the popular consensus and he'd be a great fit on Boston since he'd play 3rd line center. Scary.
He's not getting paid $5 M x 5-6 years to play on the third line.

Cake Boss

Banned
Where the fuck would the Bruins get the money to sign Lecalvier and why would they sign another center when they just let Horton leave.

Red_Man

"This young 21-year old forward has shown tremendous character” - Marc Bergevin in his quote on Christian Thomas.

That settles that, they must not feel Kristo will be able to reach his potential.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Thomas for Kristo trade is...interesting.

I feel like both teams may benefit. Christian Thomas definitely has potential, he's just a little less interesting than some of our other top prospects.

Cake Boss

Banned
Todd Cordell ‏@ToddCordell 52s

David Clarkson is looking for a 7-year deal worth $6 million per, according to @HeleneStJames.

ibhbL3TQPwmOyg.gif

Curufinwe

So long as he's over his leg injury and Coburn doesn't have to be the primary puck mover on his pairing. I guess he could swap ES shifts with Gus.

Red_Man

Sounds like Flyers are getting Lecavalier, Holmgren realizes he doesn't have a third buyout right?

Curufinwe

It really makes no sense, I hope the Flyers miss the playoffs again.

I think that's unlikely with this forward lineup and them no longer having the worst value for money goalie in the league putting up a .900 SV between the pipes.

Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
Schenn - Lecavalier - Simmonds
Gagne - Couturier - Read
Talbot - Laughton - Rinaldo

Var

Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN 1m

Source says 5 year $23.5 mill for Lecavalier as a Flyer. checking on that

Cake Boss

Banned
He becomes their 2nd highest paid forward after Hartnell.

A team thats already at the cap has Giroux, Schenn, Couturier, Read all needing new contracts next summer (Kimmo and Mez come off the books though, thats 10M in cap space)

They still have to sign a goalie as well.

Curufinwe

Yeah, if they really got him for that price. I think its a good deal.

I figured someone would give him 5/25, so if it's less than that I'll be OK with it.

Unless Couturier gets traded. He should still be the 3C even if Vinny forces BSchenn to move to wing.

Top Bottom