• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He is Steve Thomas' son. He's not big, but he's a sniper. 50 goal season in the OHL. Had 19 last year for Hartford. I was really high on this kid. RW.

Here is a hi-light video from his draft year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDdNJmknyc0&list=FLGGpDvhBBrp994vxQ4onJ4Q

Kristo played with boy Kreider and Stepan on the Gold Winning US junior team in 09
Reading up on him feels a little better but I'm still confused. If this is a result of the shit he got into last year then Bealieu can kiss his ass goodbye.

Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl 1m
Sources saying Dallas Stars no longer believe they are in contention for Lecavalier. #TSN

Well that was fast

Red_Man

Here's a highlight reel of Kristo :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaRgaryi8nE

Really good hands, great playmaker and pretty shifty, I was hoping he could make his way on the Habs top 6 this year.

I knew Kristo was never part of the Habs' plans. They'd have brought him from college sooner if he had been.
Except for they have no voice in the matter? Kristo choose to go back to ND because he grew up as a fan and wanted to win a championship there and finish his schooling, Habs couldn't force him to leave it was his own decision.

Reading up on him feels a little better but I'm still confused. If this is a result of the shit he got into last year then Bealieu can kiss his ass goodbye.

I believe Thomas is an NHLer for sure. His size is his only knock. Rocket one-timer is Stamkos-esque. Would have challenged for a spot on the Rangers this year.

Red_Man

I believe Thomas is an NHLer for sure. His size is his only knock. Rocket one-timer is Stamkos-esque. Would have challenged for a spot on the Rangers this year.
That's good to hear I guess, they seem to be similar players, although Kristo is a better play maker then shooter but not a big guy either. Habs just must not have been impressed with some of his off ice issues.

Solo

Except for they have no voice in the matter? Kristo choose to go back to ND because he grew up as a fan and wanted to win a championship there and finish his schooling, Habs couldn't force him to leave it was his own decision.

He wanted to stay to keep fucking co-eds. No surprise the Habs dumped him. Has skills but I think his work ethic and off ice antics are highly questionable. Don't know jack shit about Steve Thomas II, but I'll take it.

Solo

We traded an undersized forward who may never be an NHLer for an undersized forward who may never be an NHLer.

Lateral move at worst, I'd say.

Red_Man

What wing does Kristo play?
RW
He wanted to stay to keep fucking co-eds. No surprise the Habs dumped him. Has skills but I think his work ethic and off ice antics are highly questionable. Don't know jack shit about Steve Thomas II, but I'll take it.
:lol seriously? Him staying isn't an issue, but I trust Bergevin and Timmins if they didn't believe in him, especially Timmins who has always been about character.

Merguson

Banned
I think any team in the west is out... I remember David Poile suggested to the media that Lecavalier wanted to stay in the East..

Nope, it will be the Bruins. Fuckers.

It'll be the Leafs.

Acquire all the French-Canadians. Bernier, Gauthier (supposedly Bergevin wanted him) and now Lecavalier.

Watch it be Florida.

Solo

I see Thomas is 2 years younger than Kristo and a higher draft pick too. Interested to see what Thomas does in (presumably) Hamilton next season.

Cake Boss

Banned
Letang signed by the Pens 8 years $58 M

ilqkq6ZmeyqFW.gif

Red_Man

Rangers Mod on Hfboards says Thomas has 30 goal upside as a pure sniper, so this makes me feel better.

Curufinwe

It smells like Philly are offering Vinny more years & money than anyone else. Since he's only 33 I wouldn't be surprised if they offer him a six year deal with as much money up front as possible with the idea that he would retire before the final season.

It smells like Philly are offering Vinny more years & money than anyone else. Since he's only 33 I wouldn't be surprised if they offer him a six year deal with as much money up front as possible with the idea that he would retire before the final season.

All the offense they can ever want, and still no defense or goalie.

No, but I assume he knows a hell of a lot more about Ranger prospects then most keyboard warriors do.

Which one was it? I'm on there, some of those guys know what they are talking about, some don't.

However I would concur with what that guy said. As I said before, his size is what holds him back. If he was 6-1 200lbs he would have been a first rounder.

Red_Man

Canadiens are out according to Kypreos, must want too much term.

Which one was it? I'm on there, some of those guys know what they are talking about, some don't.

However I would concur with what that guy said. As I said before, his size is what holds him back. If he was 6-1 200lbs he would have been a first rounder.
BB v2 0

Bergevin has made comments about Kristo's character and maturity in the past, they must have been really unimpressed when he came up for his stints with the Bulldogs this past season.

Top Bottom