• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Curufinwe

I'm shocked Dallas didn't offer 5/25, and if they did, I'm also shocked Vinny turned it down considering there would be no income tax.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think that's unlikely with this forward lineup and them no longer having the worst value for money goalie in the league putting up a .900 SV between the pipes.

Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
Schenn - Lecavalier - Simmonds
Gagne - Couturier - Read
Talbot - Laughton - Rinaldo
They still don't have a good goalie, and that D is suspect, and someone's getting moved to make cap space. Right. Holmgren is nuts.

Well apparently we are still getting two Centers somehow.. cause Nill is moving Benn to the wing

@MikeHeika
Nill was very calm about it. Said they will start working on Plan B. Said his plan still is to get two centers and move Benn to wing.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Holland is really starting to fucking piss me off, more now than ever. My friend has been texting me "Too much term too much money" as a joke every time the Wings are hinted at going after someone and it's become depressing because it's fucking true. Every article you read now has Holland saying they don't want to agree with how many ever years the guys are looking for, no matter how good they are. Just fucking sign them you jackass. Give him 3 years at 5.5 mil if that's what it takes. And for the love of god buy out that joke Samuelsson. Time to stop making the Wings a "boys club" and learn to cut ties with guys who don't do anything anymore. Cleary, bye bye, Sammy, bye, Bertuzzi, bye! Thanks for the Cup 5 years ago, time to go!

Holy shit, you can't make this shit up!!!
Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 4m

#RedWings would have given Vincent Lecavalier $4.5 million per, but for two years, not five. Too much term for 34 YO with slow pace.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
There's a full No-Move Clause in Lecavalier's deal

Hahahaha Holmgrens a joke. Thank god Bergevin stayed away from that.

I think signing Lecavalier is going to guarantee a Gagne return, and played a role in the signing.

He's the reason Gagne waived his NTC to go to Tampa, right? City of bro love.

iblpIHAP514Pnd.gif

Philadelphia buys out aging, French-Canadian centre on a long-term deal, and then signs an aging, French-Canadian centre, on a long-term(ish) deal.

Bettman will keep the Coyotes in Phoenix, and then create franchises in Houston, Kansas City, and Mobile.

Seeing some reports it may be a 4 year deal instead of 5. Less than favorable cap hit.

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 11m
Sorry. 22.5 for 4 years for Vincent Lecavalier and the Flyers.

Stasis

I don't think there's many Hab fans upset we didn't give a 33 year old a 5 year contract with a full NMC

You're not in the province of Quebec. It may not be most of the die hards, but a LOT of people here were excited at the prospect. Always have been. Every time his name is mentioned it gets the general populace riled up. Good ol' local boy, talent, size. They'll all be mad at him now, the tears will be fantastic. I know his cousin fairly well, she's always told me he wanted nothing to do with Quebec. Guess she was right.

Anyway, 5 years is a long ass time for him. You're likely better off.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL Holland

I wouldn't have given Lecavlier 5 years. Plus, he's got a no-trade clause. That could be a disaster.

Besides, sources are saying Holland lowballed him like he does everyone. What a douche.

Top Bottom