• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Marvie_3

Banned
iblpIHAP514Pnd.gif
Holy shit. :lol

Stasis

Hmmm, I wonder if NYR get in touch with Komi. If he's willing to accept a short-term low money trial run I have a feeling he ends up being our 6-7.

Guess that depends on the interest level for him around the league as well as the fact that we just picked up some depth D.

Curufinwe

Philadelphia buys out aging, French-Canadian centre on a long-term deal, and then signs an aging, French-Canadian centre, on a long-term(ish) deal.

Leaving aside the 3 year age difference and seven inch height gap, Briere might still be here if he put up 32 points in 39 games instead of 16 in 34. Also, when you get a serious concussion in practice that's really a bad sign.

I wonder how Max Talbot feels about this move...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOAwVwXQbaA

Merguson

Banned
Hmmm, I wonder if NYR get in touch with Komi. If he's willing to accept a short-term low money trial run I have a feeling he ends up being our 6-7.

Guess that depends on the interest level for him around the league as well as the fact that we just picked up some depth D.

Someone will give him a chance. There was interest at the deadline for him but the salary kills any deal.

Mike Komisarek @mkomisarek
It was a privilege playing for a first class organization like the Leafs even though things did not turn out as I would have liked.

Class!

You're not in the province of Quebec. It may not be most of the die hards, but a LOT of people here were excited at the prospect. Always have been. Every time his name is mentioned it gets the general populace riled up. Good ol' local boy, talent, size. They'll all be mad at him now, the tears will be fantastic. I know his cousin fairly well, she's always told me he wanted nothing to do with Quebec. Guess she was right.

Anyway, 5 years is a long ass time for him. You're likely better off.

lecavalier is not interested in playing for Montreal. if he was he would have accepted bergevin's terms. either way, holmgren's will likely regret what he just signed. seriously 5 YEARS? that's just too much.

briere is the same. not interested in playing for montreal.

I hope not, I think Falk is our 7th.

Samyy

Komisarek played well before he was sent down, never really understood the move (sending down) as he was probably playing his best hockey with us then, whatever. He was playing like a #5/6 but making too much money. Some team will be able to use him im sure.

Komisarek played well before he was sent down, never really understood the move (sending down) as he was probably playing his best hockey with us then, whatever. He was playing like a #5/6 but making too much money. Some team will be able to use him im sure.

As per my comment above, I think it was the incident that lead to the eye-injury that sealed it. I don't think Carlyle considered him part of his team after that:

“It was one of those things that you’d like to take back in your life I think, when you do something stupid,” Carlyle said before Tuesday’s game. “It was crazy.”

edit: He played just one more game after that injury.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
LeBrun saying Habs were interested in Briere before and will go back to him. Just stop, he's old and not that good anymore, don't even waste your breath Bergevin.

Fei

I wouldn't mind seeing the Sabres go for Briere if the price/term is reasonable and he wanted to come back. They're going to be one of the youngest teams next year. Might as well have a good example.

ZeroGravity

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m
Alfredsson's priority is still to sign with Ott, but as of 12:01 am ET tonight his agent J.P. Barry can take calls from other teams.

And I suspect other teams will definitely be phoning the Alfredsson camp, especially legit contenders. Wouldn't shock me if Boston phoned
Alfredsson as a Bruin would be hilarious.

Sens GAF would (rightfully) meltdown.

Yes we would but it's really unlikely he will never play anywhere else.

And if he somehow does sign elsewhere I can't really blame him if he wants a shot at the Cup.

I don't see the Bruins having the cap space anyway, they still need to give Rask his $7M.

Red_Man

Hab fans are so bi polar, we draft McCarron and everyone is "What a skilless goon!" then we trade for Thomas who is 5'9 with 25 goal upside and everyone is "We traded for a midget terrible trade!" this is why I barely ever read Hfboards

Hab fans are so bi polar, we draft McCarron and everyone is "What a skilless goon!" then we trade for Thomas who is 5'9 with 25 goal upside and everyone is "We traded for a midget terrible trade!" this is why I barely ever read Hfboards
This is why I always read HFboards.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wings did something...

WHAT ABOUT SAMUELSSON

I know Holland won't buy him out because...I don't know. I have honestly no idea.

So, who is watching the Glendale meeting with me?

Curufinwe

It smells like Philly are offering Vinny more years & money than anyone else. Since he's only 33 I wouldn't be surprised if they offer him a six year deal with as much money up front as possible with the idea that he would retire before the final season.

Well, I was almost right, but I'm glad I was slightly wrong.

https://twitter.com/RenLavoieRDS/status/352206391341101056

Vincent Lecavalier Flyers contract: 2013-14 6M$, 2014-15 6M$, 2015-16 4.5M$ 2016-17 3M$, 2017-18 3M$.

Razorskin

----- ------

Why did we trade Kristo though ):

Red_Man

Some posters on Hfboards seriously said we should unretire Beliveau's number to entice Vinny to Montreal.....

qH2Bq.gif

I quit the internet.

Why did we trade Kristo though ):
Bergevin made a comment a few months ago that Kristo's pro career was in his own hands and he can't make excuses forever, came up and disappointed in Hamilton and then claims Thomas has great character today. Seems rather obvious they didn't like where he was taking himself, and don't think he has what it takes to take his game to the next level. Timmins has always been great at identifying guys with a winning attitude, so I'm going to trust them with this one as much as I liked Kristo.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
WHAT ABOUT SAMUELSSON

I know Holland won't buy him out because...I don't know. I have honestly no idea.

So, who is watching the Glendale meeting with me?
Because he knows we won't re-sign Brunner since we already have an awesome right handed shot in Sammy!!!!

Cake Boss

Banned
Dreger said that Briere is looking for just a 1 year deal.

Wouldnt mind signing him, local guy which Murray loves and he is connected with Pageau's family. Could be a great mentor for the smaller players we have here like Conacher and Pageau in the same way Gonchar was to EK, Cowen and Strangepenis.

Wings did something...

I hate everything right now.

But wait there is more!!

Wings may focus on keeping Cleary and Brunner instead of bringing in someone via FA

Fine, get Brunner and Cleary resigned, but not to get a second line center would be downright idiotic. I swear if our big moves this offseason are resigning Cleary and Brunner, I will freak out. It should have been very obvious that we need another top 6 guy. I just hope Holland actually puts some effort in getting Weiss, but knowing Holland he'll offer a 1 year 3 million dollar deal.

Dreger said that Briere is looking for just a 1 year deal.

Wouldnt mind signing him, local guy which Murray loves and he is connected with Pageau's family. Could be a great mentor for the smaller players we have here like Conacher and Pageau in the same way Gonchar was to EK, Cowen and Strangepenis.

I am sure Eugene is searching through his sofa cushions and glove compartment as we speak to find the $$$.

But wait there is more!!

Wings may focus on keeping Cleary and Brunner instead of bringing in someone via FA

Fine, get Brunner and Cleary resigned, but not to get a second line center would be downright idiotic. I swear if our big moves this offseason are resigning Cleary and Brunner, I will freak out. It should have been very obvious that we need another top 6 guy. I just hope Holland actually puts some effort in getting Weiss, but knowing Holland he'll offer a 1 year 3 million dollar deal.

Second line centers are overrated.

Acid08

Banned

But wait there is more!!

Nah its cool, let Brunner hit FA first ;)

Razorskin

----- ------
Some posters on Hfboards seriously said we should unretire Beliveau's number to entice Vinny to Montreal.....

qH2Bq.gif

I quit the internet.

Bergevin made a comment a few months ago that Kristo's pro career was in his own hands and he can't make excuses forever, came up and disappointed in Hamilton and then claims Thomas has great character today. Seems rather obvious they didn't like where he was taking himself, and don't think he has what it takes to take his game to the next level. Timmins has always been great at identifying guys with a winning attitude, so I'm going to trust them with this one as much as I liked Kristo.

Alright far enough, I just hope Kristo doesn't turn out better than Thomas, I've been waiting a while to see Kristo come to the NHL.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

But wait there is more!!

Why not Bozak? He takes draws well, can pass the puck, a bit of offense in his game as well. I think without the pressure to be a #1 and with some more rugged wingers who can finish, he could do well for your team. AND he's young... ;)

Top Bottom