• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Samyy

Pfft who needs Grigorenko when you have...

#1 IN OUR HEARTS MORGAN RIELLY!

MorganRielly.MapleLeafs.jpg

GOOD CANADIAN BOY!

Ultimately, yeah, each of them should be on another line.

With his offensive skittishness (sometimes he just throws the puck at the net and falls back) I think he'd do better developing with 2 guys with a big physical presence that can create space for him. Both of them are used to battling to push a rebound in, and have gotten nice chip ins from G's passing. SCooter's nowhere near his level, but has had some impressive passing.

Not something I'd want for long, but I think it'd help him. He can anchor them defensively, and support their murdertraining.

Fair. Harts-Couts-Simmer is also a TERRIBLE skating line though.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ducks goalie dunno if he Weens Weens though.

He's been lights out, a LOT better than Bishop. Comparison:

Bishop - 5GP - .876% - 2.83 GAA

(22nd out of 23 goalies with >40% of their team's starts)

Gibson - 2GP - .984% - 0.5 GAA

NOT surprising Gibson gets the start, really. Even if you say it's due to different competition, Bishop wasn't even average, he was arguably one of the worst goalies of the entire tournament.

Razorskin

----- ------
Let's have some IIHF predictions.

Russia vs. United States
Switzerland vs. Czech Republic
Finland vs. Slovakia
Canada vs. Sweden

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So the Lightning may be targeting Nichushkin at #3 over Drouin.

trdmhlE.gif
Lolwut. Hopefully Bergevin is licking his chops. The more I think about the Habs situation the more I'm thinking Pleks will be gone sooner then later, and possibly this off season. What teams need a #2 C or potential #1?

It's like you people didn't even watch the last WJC.
I was just joking to get the ween ween in since I haven't been able to use it so far.

calder

I just don't care about the outdoor games. I don't think I've ever watched a full Heritage/Winter Classic.

Let's have some IIHF predictions.

Russia vs. United States
Switzerland vs. Czech Republic
Finland vs. Slovakia
Canada vs. Sweden

US
Czech Rep (salty about our game 1 loss vs the Swiss? Trolling Smelly? Who knows!)
Finland
Canada

Ugh, still really unhappy to get the hosts in the quarters. Shit luck no matter how awful Sweden has been so far.

Samyy

I really hope Reilly can be our version of Subban/Karlsson :(
The rest of the Northbeast (RIP) has Norris level defencemen (ignoring Buffalo) in Chara/Subban/Karlsson, shits not fair!

Oh and remember when Stajan was supposed to be the future captain :lol we've come a long way.

Oh and holy crap Jays are beasting right now!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope Reilly can be our version of Subban/Karlsson :(
The rest of the Northbeast (RIP) has Norris level defencemen (ignoring Buffalo) in Chara/Subban/Karlsson, shits not fair!

Oh and remember when Stajan was supposed to be the future captain :lol we've come a long way.

Oh and holy crap Jays are beasting right now!

Yeah, batting and pitching is finally coming around.

Samyy

I hope Rielly ends up as good a prospect as Gardiner.

If he's anything like Subban ...

Hes got the ceiling I just hope he can put it together, def needs more time in the minors though from the sounds of it, if he has a huge camp though (like super huge) I wouldn't be opposed to giving him 9 games.

Delryk

Offseason will be awesome. So many teams screwed by the cap.

Boston is one of them; 6mil left and still have to sign Rask RFA, Ference UFA, Horton UFA

tHis should be good.

Montresor

I wore my Leafs ballcap in downtown Toronto earlier today. The sting of defeat is washing away.

I know I said it already, but I legitimately teared up after that loss. I'm more emotional than most people I know, but I was still surprised at myself for being so emotionally invested and in such a delicate state after the collapse in game 7. Heck "teared up" is really a euphemism - I cried, hahah.

I'm happy about the future of this Leaf squad though. Very optimistic.

Top Bottom