• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Socreges

Banned
On the one hand, I've always respected calder's opinions and am now a bit prejudiced against Sherlock. On the other hand, he loves Community, which invalidates everything he's ever said about TV shows.

Hmm, I'll give it a shot.

Sherlock is a mediocre-to-poor show with two good actors in the lead roles and some decent cinematography/atmosphere. The plots are lousy and the mysteries are horribly bad (I've only seen the first season and first eps of the second). Every episode has a few head slappingly ridiculous plot holes or absurdities.

Why I stopped watching

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
On the one hand, I've always respected calder's opinions and am now a bit prejudiced against Sherlock. On the other hand, he loves Community, which invalidates everything he's ever said about TV shows.

Hmm, I'll give it a shot.

Community gets worse every season. Season 1 was amazingly good, though.

calder

I'd certainly admit the last season has fallen off, but the first couple of seasons of Community were sublime. Not Arrested Development level or anything, but closer than most comedies.

Solo

AGally scored in the US 8-3 win over Russia this morning. Haven't seen a video of it yet, but apparently it was a nice goal.

Solo

I'd like to see the tally of how many games AGally has played this season.

? in Sarnia (guessing about 40)
? in WJC (guessing 8-9)
53 in Montreal
2 so far in WHC.

He's gotta be over 100 at this point :lol

calder

8-3? Damn, when Russia isn't feeling it at a tournament they don't screw around - they flop out with authority. Glad to see Jets first rounder Trouba with a PPG.

Going to be pretty nervous about our game later.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
8-3? Damn, when Russia isn't feeling it at a tournament they don't screw around - they flop out with authority. Glad to see Jets first rounder Trouba with a PPG.

Going to be pretty nervous about our game later.
Reminds me of when Canada stomped them in Vancouver and everyone was worried they'd give us a run for our money. I'm excited to see *Canadian Superstar and Savior of Canadian Hockey Operations, Pernell Karl Subban make his debut.

Solo

95 by my count. 33 in Sarnia, 7 at the WJC.

Damn, that's a ton of hockey on all sorts of stages for a guy who missed all last season. Probably the best thing for him - making up for lost time.

Hope he can bulk up 10-12 lbs in the offseason.

I have wanted to check it out but I am not sure if being a huge fan of the normal Sherlock Holmes stories and the Jeremy Brett show might bias me against the update.

I LOVED the old stories as a kid. This is still awesome. It's certainly different, but I've come to find I'm a big fan of the "Protagonist is smarter than everyone, and an asshole" kind of show.

L&O:CI
Lie to Me
Luther
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Cracker
Leverage
Most Aaron Sorkin stuff...

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Bozak tore his tricep apparently

That's like an 6-8 month recovery

And he says he was only on the ice to mess with julien

Red_Man

Gally had more ice time today then he had in any playoff game, and more then every regular season game aside from 1-2 games.

LOL check out Ovechkin's shift on the USA goal at 0:15.

http://youtu.be/fNGgLBx-oK0?t=15s

If Ovechkin backchecked even half as hard as he texts his coached after getting eliminated he'd be in the 2nd round today.
Lmfao what a bum, the guy is an embarrassment no matter how many goals he scores.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, that's a ton of hockey on all sorts of stages for a guy who missed all last season. Probably the best thing for him - making up for lost time.

Hope he can bulk up 10-12 lbs in the offseason.

Hasn't missed a step either, and actually got better as the year went on. Can't wait to see him next year.

LOL check out Ovechkin's shift on the USA goal at 0:15.

http://youtu.be/fNGgLBx-oK0?t=15s

If Ovechkin backchecked even half as hard as he texts his coached after getting eliminated he'd be in the 2nd round today.

Holy shit :lol

He really doesn't give a fuck.

Red_Man

I just hope he sticks with #27 or else I'm gonna have a collector's item :lol
I'm debating getting a #27 jersey, but I really don't want to if he's going to change his number next season so I might just wait and see if he sticks with it next year. He's already used 5 different numbers across all the teams.

Red_Man

Hes probably giving his GM nightmares, I would probably try to trade him but I dont know how hockey is in Washington and whether his departure would crush attendance.
Seeing what GM did with the Forsberg trade, I'd be terrified to see him make an Ovie trade as a Caps fan.

Curufinwe

I LOVED the old stories as a kid. This is still awesome. It's certainly different, but I've come to find I'm a big fan of the "Protagonist is smarter than everyone, and an asshole" kind of show.

L&O:CI
Lie to Me
Luther
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Cracker
Leverage
Most Aaron Sorkin stuff...

What about Elementary?

Curufinwe

How many teams could afford to give up the players and picks required to get Ovechkin, and fit his $9.53 million hit under the newly reduced cap?

Red_Man

How many teams could afford to give up the players and picks required to get Ovechkin, and fit his $9.53 million hit under the newly reduced cap?
88852232_crop_650x440.jpg

I'll find a way

Red_Man

Its Ovie, I don't know how you could fuck that up really.
But yea what the fuck man Nonis should have gotten in on Forsberg >.<
I don't think GM shopped Forsberg around or 29 other teams would have been on him and we would have heard about it prior to the trade.

Top Bottom