• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Marvie_3

Banned
Frolik Hat-Trick confirmed on the Hawks first visit to Winnipeg. =) I'm gonna enjoy seeing the Hawks here again. Loved seeing them ages ago vs. the old Jets. Gotta build up that rivalry once more. Except we wont have Chelios yelling at us saying that we wont make the playoffs this time.
It'll probably be Carcillo instead.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to the rivalry again.

Frolik will only score a hat trick if he gets 3 penalty shots in a game. ;)

I thought it was pronounced Gobing

(maybe)

.....wut

Loving the Vinny signing. He is younger and more productive then Danny. Homer has crushed it so far this offseason. Can't wait to see what he does with the rest of the cap space.

Merguson

Banned
So.. do I have this right..

The out-clause in this proposed lease deal is basically the sticking point. The NHL will never allow such a clause. No such clause exists for any other NHL team.

So, in order for the Phoenix Coyotes to stay, the clause can't be in the proposed lease agreement, and the amended agreement (no out-clause provision) must be accepted.

Is that the gist of it? I haven't followed this much at all.

RC

Banned
Common mayor, you got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away and know when to run.

Cake Boss

Banned
Doesnt Phoenix have teams in other major sports? I know the Suns and an MLB team as well.

I think the city will survive without 100 fans that eat out at a bar/restaurant and buy 1 Shane Doan jersey every month.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So.. do I have this right..

The out-clause in this proposed lease deal is basically the sticking point. The NHL will never allow such a clause. No such clause exists for any other NHL team.

So, in order for the Phoenix Coyotes to stay, the clause can't be in the proposed lease agreement, and the amended agreement (no out-clause provision) must be accepted.

Is that the gist of it? I haven't followed this much at all.

Basically the Glendale doesn't want risk

So they want the opt out

RSE can only get the funds from Fortress without that opt out because they wouldn't be able to pay back the financing from fortress if the city opts out

Essentially

RSE can't afford shit without Glendale gifting the money

Top Bottom