• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Washington can't trade Ovie, that's their main fan grabber. It's a "You're fucked if you do, and fucked if you don't" type situation. They need to strip him of the C but I would guess his ego is way to big for that to be a possibility.

Merguson

Banned
Sounds like Nonis wouldn't mind signing Bozak but says the contract has to make sense.. doesn't have to sign him.. cap is going down and have to spend wisely.. etc..

It doesn't sound he sees Bozak as a key player but actions speak louder than words.. so we'll see..

Samyy

Sounds like Nonis wouldn't mind signing Bozak but says the contract has to make sense.. doesn't have to sign him.. cap is going down and have to spend wisely.. etc..

It doesn't sound he sees Bozak as a key player but actions speak louder than words.. so we'll see..

I like how hes saying hes willing to give young players a chance, and wants to find out what they can do.

Washington can't trade Ovie, that's their main fan grabber. It's a "You're fucked if you do, and fucked if you don't" type situation. They need to strip him of the C but I would guess his ego is way to big for that to be a possibility.

Yeah I was just commenting that we could pull it off if Washington were to trade him. They never will for the reasons you stated.

He should be stripped of the C and deflating his ego should be a priority for Oates. I still don't think he'll get anywhere a Stanley Cup unless he goes to the HHOF in Toronto.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Nonis on Reimer: At this point I would say he'd be back as a No. 1.

Nonis says Kessel among best players in the league but there's no "urgency" to sign him to extension.

Nonis on Phaneuf: If there's something out there that makes sense for us, there's not a player out there we would say we wouldn't move

Red_Man

If Reimer can keep his play up from these playoffs into next season then there's no need for Luongo or any other goalie. That's a big If though.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
TOP 4 IN THE WORLD AND AN 8-0 RECORD FUCK YEAH.

Bring it on US. Should be a great game. Unbeaten Switzerland who's beaten Sweden, Canada and the Czechs (2x) against the US coming off a dominating win against Russia.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
If Reimer can keep his play up from these playoffs into next season then there's no need for Luongo or any other goalie. That's a big If though.

He's shown he's been able to play around this level consistently. What has hampered him has been the injuries the last two seasons. To me I expect him to play at around this level yet again but with an improvement in his rebound control through the coaching he's sure to get this offseason.

Red_Man

He's shown he's been able to play around this level consistently. What has hampered him has been the injuries the last two seasons. To me I expect him to play at around this level yet again but with an improvement in his rebound control through the coaching he's sure to get this offseason.
Northbeast division is going to be so brutal :(

any good UFA defensemen available this offseason?
Kaberle can be had for a bag of pucks and some cotton candy :D

If the Preds do trade Weber they are going to get a fucking ransom for him. There is nothing else available at D that would make any real impact.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I like how hes saying hes willing to give young players a chance, and wants to find out what they can do.

I for once actually believe him with what they did at the start of this season sending down Connolly and trading away Lombardi.

But also thinking about it, with Bozak and this tricep injury could this affect his negotiations with the Leafs and any other team? Not sure a team would be willing to throw cash at him knowing he may not even start the season or even be as "good" as he was previously to start at least.

Also any guesses from people on where Stephen Weiss will land and for how much?

Osorio

Brodeur is suppose to play another year, is he not?

Yeah but there has to be some signs of anticipating his retirement.

Our season plummeted when we had Hedberg start 11 games in a row for the first time since 2002

And I thought Kincaid would get a start once we were eliminated but no such thing.

Clarkson will probably get a nice raise though

Meh.

Cake Boss

Banned
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/15/sedin-mike-smith-is-a-diver/
KuGsj.gif

Also any guesses from people on where Stephen Weiss will land and for how much?
Weiss my guess would be 4.5-5 for 5-6 years. He has a question mark with his wrist (2nd surgery on the same issue) but he is as stalwart of a player you'll find.

If Weiss walks I wouldn't mind Tallon taking a chance on Bozak on 3yr term. Long enough to give MacK development time and short enough not to handcuff us for upcoming talent.

Socreges

Banned
Reminds me of when Canada stomped them in Vancouver and everyone was worried they'd give us a run for our money. I'm excited to see *Canadian Superstar and Savior of Canadian Hockey Operations, Pernell Karl Subban make his debut.
Keep this up and you'll have me cheering for Sweden.

calder

The Ron Hainsey sweeptakes begin.

Oh dear god please someone make Hainsey a good offer. I couldn't handle another year of him subtly killing my team and being significantly overpaid based on a few decent years and being a first rounder rather than his actual very modest contributions.

fallout

Oh dear god please someone make Hainsey a good offer. I couldn't handle another year of him subtly killing my team and being significantly overpaid based on a few decent years and being a first rounder rather than his actual very modest contributions.
*shin-kick* ... sssshhhh ... don't let 'em know we're desperate.

YES THE HAINSEY SWEEPSTAKES ARE ON. WE WILL TAKE YOUR FIRST ROUND PICKS.

:D

Top Bottom