• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

NHL awards voting is a joke.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/learned-worst-thing-nhl-awards-voters-124804628.html

Without this accountability, the practice outwardly it lends itself to ballots for most valuable player being filled out with votes for Eric Staal, Pascal Dupuis and Evgeni Nabokov, none of whom deserve that much recognition.

Ballard never fit in. He got injured when he arrived, and never really got a crack at the top 4. With Tanev and the Garrison signing he was relegated to a bottom-pairing role at best.

He will play well for whatever team signs him.

yyzjohn

Banned
Teams can negotiate with free agents starting today and announce the signings on Friday. The line for Tim Connolly starts now.

Cake Boss

Banned
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 2m

NHL sent out a memo to teams indicating the use of private planes to recruit players is forbidden. Max allowed is a business-class ticket.

Melnyk will go for the economy ticket on AirTransat.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
20+Min 30 point dman is terrible these days, yeah ok.

In Toronto they call those #1 dman.

Yeah, no.

He's a defensive liability. That's why he sucks.

Annnnnnd looks like Toronto will sign nobody except clarkson fuck all these quiet life cities. Whatever happened to playing for glory?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I really don't understand why the Rangers hired Arniel as an assistant. You've got FIVE Blue Jackets on the team, most of whom don't like him, and one of whom in particular had a terrible relationship with him (Brassard). Why on earth, with so many possible guys available out there to bring in, is that the guy you pick? Boggling.

I know AV has a relationship with him and all but it's still confounding.

I really don't understand why the Rangers hired Arniel as an assistant. You've got FIVE Blue Jackets on the team, most of whom don't like him, and one of whom in particular had a terrible relationship with him (Brassard). Why on earth, with so many possible guys available out there to bring in, is that the guy you pick? Boggling.

Does he advocate blocking shots?

Stasis

He has issues with more than just Brass? I just assumed it was only with him and that management had discussed it with him prior to the hiring.

Was this guy just a major douche or what?

Cactus

Banned
20+Min 30 point dman is terrible these days, yeah ok.

In Toronto they call those #1 dman.

Is that supposed to be a shot at Phaneuf? Disregarding the fact that your comparison is statistically inaccurate, comparing Ballard to Phaneuf in the first place is pretty ridiculous.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I know I've heard Nash wasn't a huge fan at the very least, and I've heard mixed things about the others. (Actually I'm pretty sure I heard mixed things regarding Nash too but they mostly sounded like a guy just trying to be a pro.)

It sounds like we're moving away from the all out shot blocking thing, though. Ulf Samuelsson is in charge of the defense now, and his main issues with the way the D plays now are too many guys screening Lundqvist and nobody able to seal off rebounds (because they're dropping like flies shot blocking).

Somebody suggested that Arniel could be an "off the bench" assistant. Sather said today they are still looking to hire somebody else. Will probably be Bowness.

Fei

I'm not really sad to see Gerbe go. He just didn't have a place on the team anymore. Grigorenko will be up full time now, and I'm hoping we see at least a little of Armia and Girgensons this year in Buffalo.

FOOTE

Leopold worked pretty well for the Blues during his time here last season, glad to have him back a few more seasons.

yyzjohn

Banned
Calm down warrior, it was a joke.

image.php

Samyy

Morgan "Number One in our Hearts!" Rielly to play bottom-pairing minutes confirmed.

EDIT: As long he's good at development.. I don't really care.. lol

Yea my main worry is how hes going to handle development, hard to replace someone like Eakins

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
So many terrible contracts.

Are the Ducks open to moving Jonas Hiller or what? They're rich in the crease. Give one of 'em to the Isles already.

Top Bottom