• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Cake Boss

Banned
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 19m

@Real_ESPNLeBrun. Agreed. Bozak negotiation with Leafs impacts Kessel as well. Delicate. If Bozak goes...is Phil as eager to re-sign in Tor?

KESSSEEELLLLLLL

Daniel Briere? Don't talk about Briere... you kidding me? Briere? I just hope we can resign our franchise player.

Jim-Mora-playoffs.jpeg

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Still in Quebec not Ontario, plus he wasn't watching any Senators games as a kid.

But Gatineau is basically a part of Ottawa....

And yes, we can't let kessel go :(

As much as everyone likes to pick on him, he's an elite goal scorer. Gotta throw as much money as we can at him.

Razorskin

----- ------

As much as everyone likes to pick on him, he's an elite goal scorer. Gotta throw as much money as we can at him.

"basically" but isn't

And again, what team would he have watched growing up? The non-existent one?

Cactus

Banned

I agree, but if not signing Bozak to an eight year, $40m contract bothers Kessel as much as Lebrun suggests, that's a huge problem. Plus, they supposedly share the same agent, which complicates things further.

DopeyFish

I agree, but if not signing Bozak to an eight year, $40m contract bothers Kessel as much as Lebrun suggests, that's a huge problem. Plus, they supposedly share the same agent, which complicates things further.

There's only so much money to go around

We sign bozak for that and we may not be able to ice a complete team

We don't know if the cap will go up in a year, either.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Pierre LeBrun Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Daniel Briere cut his list down to 3 teams late last night before sleeping on it...

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
And I believe that Montreal is one of those 3 teams still in on Briere...

Enjoy, Red_Man and Solo.

I know it's going to happen too, french player who finally has no other option decides to go to Montreal, then pretend like he's always wanted to play under the intense pressure. Although if there are two other teams still, maybe he bitches out again, we don't need anymore centres, especially not small ones. Desharnais may even be better at this point as well.

Cactus

Banned
There's only so much money to go around

We sign bozak for that and we may not be able to ice a complete team

We don't know if the cap will go up in a year, either.

Exactly. If Kessel is offended that Nonis refuses to waste an inordinate amount of cap space on his good buddy, we'll have a huge problem on our hands.

With that being said, I doubt that will happen. Dreger has been going nuts with the Bozak stuff on Twitter, and I'm gussing that most of it is pure speculation.

Wings have offered contracts to Brunner and.... ugh Cleary.

I'm so hoping Cleary doesn't resign, meltdowns will happen if he does and it is the rumored 3 million for 3 year deal, MELTDOWNS!

yyzjohn

Banned

The "same agent" thing is overplayed. A shitload of NHL players are represented by someone at Newport sports, does that mean if we sign Bozak we can get Stamkos too since he's under the same management group? These guys are professionals and know there's only so much money to go around for an entire team. I can't imagine that Kessel and Bozak are such BFFs that they can't play apart.

DopeyFish

I do hope Paul Ranger decides to play for the leafs...

I would not feel bad in any way if going into the year after this one having rielly / gardiner / gunnarsson / ranger / liles and franson

Softest D in the league? You bet, but their offense could be amazing and dynamic

Cactus

Banned
The "same agent" thing is overplayed. A shitload of NHL players are represented by someone at Newport sports, does that mean if we sign Bozak we can get Stamkos too since he's under the same management group? These guys are professionals and know there's only so much money to go around for an entire team. I can't imagine that Kessel and Bozak are such BFFs that they can't play apart.

I agree with you (see my last post), but he fact that prominent members of the media are talking about their relationship so publicly is a bit unsettling.

Samyy

Just trade Kessel if he wants his boytoy Bozak around that badly that it would impact his decision to stay on the team.

Detroit News said:
Cleary told Holland he wants to see what the level of interest is around the league before committing.

AHLXP.gif

YES!!!! Run Cleary, run, run far far away to another team that will pay you your 3 million! One of your guy's teams better be stupid enough to offer him his money!

However Newport knows what kind of offers its other clients are getting. I imagine they can ask friends who are agents elsewhere as well.

For example if Newport knows that a certain player is getting offers for X dollars for X years, they can tell Bozak they can ask for at least that much (if not more if they think he is better).

Start a revolution movement in Kanata to remove Mr.Melnyk Morsi from the organization.

The whole Melnyk saga seems to be playing out like Tom Hicks in Dallas.

Cactus

Banned
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050
No question Grabovski struggled in 2013. And yet, his numbers don’t differ significantly from Bozak in far less ice-time & defensive role.

Jonas Siegel @jonasTSN1050
Bozak: 18 even-strength points in 722 mins. Grabovski: 13 in 664. Bozak: 12 goals. Grabovski: 9. Bozak: 52.6% FO. Grabovski: 50.6%.

Jonas Siegel @jonasTSN1050
Bozak played 187 more minutes than Grabovski, including 55 more on the power-play.

Jeff Veillette ‏@Jeffler 21m
Tyler Bozak played 139:14 of 5v4 time this year (season+playoffs). Phil Kessel was on the ice with him for all but 38 seconds

So, Bozak gets more offensive zone starts, easier minutes and offensive-mined wingers, and still barely manages to outproduce Grabovski (who was banished to the shutdown line) at even strength. Add in the discrepancy in PP time, and I think it's clear who the better player is.

Silexx

However Newport knows what kind of offers its other clients are getting. I imagine they can ask friends who are agents elsewhere as well.

For example if Newport knows that a certain player is getting offers for X dollars for X years, they can tell Bozak they can ask for at least that much (if not more if they think he is better).

The whole Melnyk saga seems to be playing out like Tom Hicks in Dallas.

While there's nothing wrong with Yost looking into some finances and posting about it, the email he got was correct that he was bordering on libel there.

Samyy

Holy shit Grabo
Did not see that coming...
Watch Nonis blow all that cap space on fucking Clarkson while Grabo goes to a team and puts up a solid 50 point season.

Cake Boss

Banned
Is it true that 1 of the owners of the Coyotes now is from Ottawa? and that Phoenix looks to have a higher salary cap than us next season? and that they have no problem signing Mike Cuntass Smith to 6 years for 5.5M when they didnt even have an owner in place? while we are struggling to give our franchise player 5-6M for 1 fucking year with a cracker ass owner in place.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

i7stopq54MDvk.gif

Top Bottom