• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Curufinwe

2 - 3 GWG SWE 12. PETTERSSON Fredrik

missed CAN 14. EBERLE Jordan 1. ENROTH Jhonas
scored SWE 12. PETTERSSON Fredrik 41. SMITH Mike
GK saved SWE 22. SEDIN Daniel 41. SMITH Mike
GK saved CAN 9. DUCHENE Matt 1. ENROTH Jhonas
GK saved SWE 33. SEDIN Henrik 41. SMITH Mike
scored CAN 14. EBERLE Jordan 1. ENROTH Jhonas
scored SWE 21. ERIKSSON Loui 41. SMITH Mike
missed CAN 28. GIROUX Claude 1. ENROTH Jhonas

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Switzerland beat Canada and Sweden during group phase, advances further than Canada during elimination phase.

lolCanada

inb4 Olympics

calder

Lame. I already have crippling Post First Round Melancholy (it's a serious condition, don't laugh) and am fairly meh on the second round matchups in general. Now Canada is out in the quarters. And Barrie didn't make the Mem Cup, jesus someone wake me up for the draft.

Fuck it, at least the Jays have won 4 in a row and look like they might be a non-terrible team yet.

calder

Switzerland beat Canada and Sweden during group phase, advances further than Canada during elimination phase.

lolCanada

inb4 Olympics

I think you mean "inb4 every tournament at every level ever" ;)

Until this one. :( And I'm sure Switzerland beat us in a few U20's when we bottomed out.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I think you mean "inb4 every tournament at every level ever" ;)

Until this one. :( And I'm sure Switzerland beat us in a few U20's when we bottomed out.

At least you can cheer on Trouba with us Habs fans while we cheer on Kristo and Galchenyuk.

pringles

Ahahaha suck it Canada. All-star team vs. a fucking nobody team and couldn't get it done. Nicky Danielsson (who?) and Freddy Pettersson (who?) ftw!!!

Enroth was a beast, main reason we won. No Russia or Canada in the semis? Da fuck?

Wut. Crazy Euros.
Enroth was going to get something from the bench and forgot to ask permission or some shit like that and had to stay on the bench until the next whistle. Markstrom came in, had to make a couple of saves, nervous times!

Ahahaha suck it Canada. All-star team vs. a fucking nobody team and couldn't get it done. Nicky Danielsson (who?) and Freddy Pettersson (who?) ftw!!!

Enroth was a beast, main reason we won. No Russia or Canada in the semis? Da fuck?

Enroth was going to get something from the bench and forgot to ask permission or some shit like that and had to stay on the bench until the next whistle. Markstrom came in, had to make a couple of saves, nervous times!

The unpredictability of sudden death matches. Not to mention that Canada tends to underperform against European teams on big ice (for obvious reasons).

Alucard

Banned
Lame. I already have crippling Post First Round Melancholy (it's a serious condition, don't laugh) and am fairly meh on the second round matchups in general. Now Canada is out in the quarters. And Barrie didn't make the Mem Cup, jesus someone wake me up for the draft.

Fuck it, at least the Jays have won 4 in a row and look like they might be a non-terrible team yet.

Sorry to hear it, Calder. It'll pass. As long as you've got health, friends, and family, you're fine! Hope the health part gets better for ya.

I wonder what Canada's (relatively) disappointing exit at the Worlds means for Lindy Ruff's future NHL career opportunities, if it means anything at all.

pringles

I like that Canada's 'B' team is considered "all-star" by some. What does that make the 'A' team that will be going to Sochi?
This is who you got beat by:

Loui Eriksson - Henrik Sedin - Daniel Sedin
Alex Edler/Elias Fälth - Petter Granberg

Simon Hjalmarsson - Niklas Persson - Gabriel Landeskog
Henrik Tallinder - Erik Gustafsson

Fredrik Pettersson - Oscar Lindberg - Martin Thörnberg
Johan Fransson - Staffan Kronwall

Jimmie Ericsson - Joel Lundqvist - Nicklas Danielsson

LOL.

2 guys made the team because they are the brothers of King Henrik and Kronwall of Pain.
Canada wasn't an all-star team compared to that?

The WC team was decent offensively, but this was their defense:

Hamhuis
Robidas
Dillon
Brodie
Schultz
Schenn
Harrison
Campbell
Subban

They shouldn't have lost to a team with Enroth and Markstrom though.

dammit NBC get your shit together. was on vacation last weekend and traveling for business tonight and none of the hotels carry NBC Sports Network.

FUCKING joke.

Socreges

Banned

LOL.

2 guys made the team because they are the brothers of King Henrik and Kronwall of Pain.
Err, these are two completely different claims:

a) Team X is an All-Star team (what you said in the first post)
b) Team X is an All-Star team compared to Team Y (what you said in the second post)

b) is obviously true. Sweden falls off badly when you remove their top-tier talent. a) is not true if you take one look at Canada's defense and goaltending (although Smith wasn't to blame).

My post wasn't even to counter yours. It's true that Canada iced some great players; and so it's amusing that literally only three or four of them will even make it to Sochi.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

LOL.

I'm not even going to post the Swiss roster. There's exactly 2 NHL'ers on the team: Diaz (Habs) and Josi (Preds).

I'm not saying Canada ha an all-star tram, but compares to the Swiss roster, they might as well BE an all-star team in terms of skill present.

pringles

Err, these are two completely different claims:

a) Team X is an All-Star team (what you said in the first post)
b) Team X is an All-Star team compared to Team Y (what you said in the second post)

b) is obviously true. Sweden falls off badly when you remove their top-tier talent. a) is not true if you take one look at Canada's defense and goaltending (although Smith wasn't to blame).

My post wasn't even to counter yours. It's true that Canada iced some great players; and so it's amusing that literally only three or four of them will even make it to Sochi.
Canada's stacked, this is not news. They could send 2-3 competitive teams to the Olympics every time. This was an all-star team in terms of the World Champs, maybe not compared to their Olympics teams that are always crazy. On paper Canada would win every gold in every international tournament, which is why it feels so good to beat them ;)

I'm not even going to post the Swiss roster. There's exactly 2 NHL'ers on the team: Diaz (Habs) and Josi (Preds).

I'm not saying Canada ha an all-star tram, but compares to the Swiss roster, they might as well BE an all-star team in terms of skill present.
So fucking impressed with the Swiss in this tournament. Hope you guys make the finals. Just goes to show that heart beats talent 9 times out of 10!

Socreges

Banned
Canada's stacked, this is not news. They could send 2-3 competitive teams to the Olympics every time. This was an all-star team in terms of the World Champs, maybe not compared to their Olympics teams that are always crazy. On paper Canada would win every gold in every international tournament, which is why it feels so good to beat them ;)
I don't think many people go in thinking this, though. Canada has always struggled to adapt to the big ice and gets 'upset' more often than not.

Kings/Sharks Game 2 tonight. Hoping for another win, and more rage every time Cartman shows up.

Clydefrog, my magnificent Kings-brethren, are you ready for more Sharks/Ducks-age salt on the ice?

Top Bottom