• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Nobody is going to offer sheet McD, I'm not worried about that. They can elect arbitration to keep him away from them, but I also don't see another team trying to draw the ire of the Rangers. The extra 2 mill is nice though, gives us some flexibility. I think Clowe is a goner, though I'd love to keep him if he came cheap.
The more I think about it the more I think it's just to open up some roster spots for guys like Oscar Lindberg.

We're also still dangerously close to the 50 contract limit, so maybe the hope is somebody claims one or both of them. Both are pretty solid role players that can really help teams, but both are also pretty expendable.

imBask

Banned

they didn't bite on that offer

kJ4VGlz.jpg

Why would anyone trade for an underachiever with a 5.5M cap hit that the Leafs are clearly trying to dump when you can sign him for much less once they have no choice but to buy him out?

terrible

Banned
Lebrun saying Leafs shopped Grabovski all over the league, even offered to retain part of the salary in a trade and no takers.

Not that surprising. With the cap going down most teams can barely even afford guys who aren't overpaid let alone guys who are. Grabo is a decent player but his contract was ugly.

Silexx

So Murray says that all that's been agreed with Alfie is the term, he's still waiting on JP Barry to give him a dollar figure.

Samyy

Wow the posters on Pension Plan Puppets are not taking this buyout well.

Well yea because its stupid.
Would you rather overpay Grabo or overpay Bozak/Clarkson/Weiss/Riberio
Anyone of those guys I would argue is not better then Grabo except maybe Weiss? Havent seen him play.

Brinbe

oh shit, just saw the grabo news. Nonis goin on in y'all!

And I'm a fan of it. MLSE can afford to take on that extra financial burden and cap space is a more valuable commodity.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Anyone of those guys I would argue is not better then Grabo except maybe Weiss? Havent seen him play.

We don't know the plan yet

Cactus

Banned
Wow the posters on Pension Plan Puppets are not taking this buyout well.

Not surprising. They're pretty big on Grabovski. They also exaggerate quite a bit, although I mostly agree with them in this particular instance. This is how I see it:

[Conservative/Old-School]--MLHS----------------------------reality----------PPP--[Statistical/New-School]

Ribeiro is dope, really productive number 2 centre.

Samyy

Ribeiro is dope, really productive number 2 centre.

How much do you think hes going to get paid?
"We dont know the plan yet" - what plan could there possibly be? Our cap situation is not all rainbows like your making it out to be. We have a lot of empty spaces upfront and big RFAs to sign.

I dont want any big plan because Nonis will probably trade away some valuable assets for what he might consider "a good player" but I don't really trust Nonis anymore so im not looking forward to this at all.

Hey Sens-GAF

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch
Mr Melnyk has given Murray green light to sign Alfredsson and free agents.

Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes
Murray says "We won't be a cap team and we won't be a floor team. We'll be somewhere in between."

WE'RE NOT CHEAP AND BROKE !

The more I think about it the more I think it's just to open up some roster spots for guys like Oscar Lindberg.

We're also still dangerously close to the 50 contract limit, so maybe the hope is somebody claims one or both of them. Both are pretty solid role players that can really help teams, but both are also pretty expendable.

Sather did say recently that they want room for kids. I think that means Lindberg, Fast, Kristo, Miller. Not all of them of course but from that pool. McIlrath around Christmas.

How much do you think hes going to get paid?
"We dont know the plan yet" - what plan could there possibly be? Our cap situation is not all rainbows like your making it out to be. We have a lot of empty spaces upfront and big RFAs to sign.

I dont want any big plan because Nonis will probably trade away some valuable assets for what he might consider "a good player" but I don't really trust Nonis anymore so im not looking forward to this at all.

He wants a 4-5 year contract at around $5 million.

He's stated that he wants to live in one place for the rest of his career because of his kids.

Top Bottom