• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Cactus

Banned
Did anyone believe when Seguin was drafted that he'd be playing for a different team before Phil Kessel? It's amazing how the overwhelmingly negative reaction in the wake of that trade has gradually moved in the other direction.

Of course, the shit will hit the fan if Kessel tests free agency next summer.

yyzjohn

Banned
Please not Thomas....
Please not Thomas....
Please not Thomas....
Please not Thomas....
Please not Thomas....
Please not Thomas....
Please not Thomas....

R1AYyTD.jpg

yyzjohn

Banned
Did anyone believe when Seguin was drafted that he'd be playing for a different team before Phil Kessel? It's amazing how the overwhelmingly negative reaction in the wake of that trade has gradually moved in the other direction.

Kessel will get paid large. Leafs will extend him for 8 years as well they should. Just wondering about the dollar value.

terrible

Banned

Half of Toronto will be on suicide watch.

calder

Can't believe Boston gets to dump Peverley. He was overpaid.

I think he's decently paid, maybe a touch overpaid at 3.25 per but for another 2 yrs it seems reasonable-ish, but then I also think he'll be better than .5ppg going forward too. Maybe I'm overrating him based on a few good WJHC games though.

yyzjohn

Banned
This certainly makes the day interesting. We've been waiting all fucking week for something to happen and finally news today. I think once this Bos/Dal trade goes down the floodgates open to more deals.

Socreges

Banned

Huh? Seguin is still young, has great potential and has apparently scored the Bruins Loui Eriksson+.

Tabris

Hmm, so looks like Canucks won't make any moves.

I rather them buy out Booth and sign someone like Ryan Clowe or Jarome Iginla, but looks like they are giving Booth another chance (which is fair, he's had a bad ride in Vancouver)

Cake Boss

Banned
Dallas's top line next year.

Benn-Seguin-Nichushkin

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Jim Nill getting shit done.

Socreges

Banned
you make it sound like phil kessel is older than 25 years old
Again... huh? I'm not talking about Kessel. He was acting as if this trade is indicative of the Kessel trade 'going in the other direction' which doesn't make any sense since apparently Boston is getting huge value back.

Cactus

Banned
Huh? Seguin is still young, has great potential and has apparently scored the Bruins Loui Eriksson+.

Did you hear Chiarelli's recent comments? Do you realize how down Bruins fans and media have been on Seguin over the last few months? Media and fan reaction is what I was referring to with that comment.

As for this trade, I'll wait for the details, but I'd take Kessel over Eriksson and Hamilton. The addition of prospects/picks would obviously alter my opinion, though.

As for this trade, I'll wait for the details, but I'd take Kessel over Eriksson and Hamilton. The addition of prospects/picks would obviously alter my opinion, though.

I rather have a Stanley Cup. In the grand scheme of things that's all that matters, not point totals, if a player from that trade contributes to a championship then they're winning the trade.

terrible

Banned
I rather have a Stanley Cup. In the grand scheme of things that's all that matters, not point totals, if a player from that trade contributes to a championship then they're winning the trade.

Seguin didn't go anything during their cup run outside of two games vs Tampa. Had Kessel been with Boston that year instead of Seguin the results probably would have been similar.

Cactus

Banned
lol a 2 way 70 point beast forward and a bluechip dman.

vs. a 25-year-old sniper who has averaged over a PPG in each of the last two seasons? It's ridiculous how Leafs are underrated around here.

Eriksson is an outstanding player (and like I said, one of my favourites), but he isn't nearly as good as Kessel. Obviously Hamilton is a wild card, but he hasn't proven anything yet. We'll see how he develops.

Yeah, Boston won the cup, but they probably would have won with or without Seguin. Is not like Seguin was the missing piece that put them over the edge. He was a healthy scratch most of the time, and only put up three points in seven games.

Top Bottom