• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Cake Boss

Banned
I start to believe it, if its 100% official.
We know the press. According to the press we had already Iginla back then.

ibeTotl8qf7mFY.gif

Cactus

Banned
So,

Seguin, 21, second line center, potential top line center
Peverley, 30, depth center
Button, 22, C-level prospect

for

Eriksson, 27, very good top-6 winger
Morrow, 20, A-level prospect
Smith, 22, B-level prospect
Fraser, 23, B-level prospect

Looks pretty great for both teams.

Socreges

Banned
Did you hear Chiarelli's recent comments? Do you realize how down Bruins fans and media have been on Seguin over the last few months? Media and fan reaction is what I was referring to with that comment.

As for this trade, I'll wait for the details, but I'd take Kessel over Eriksson and Hamilton. The addition of prospects/picks would obviously alter my opinion, though.
Well?

Seguin may have gotten bad press during/after the playoffs, but he still had excellent value and Boston just got a huge return for him.

Army cont'd: ..."it's hard then to pick up the phone and say to your own guys, ‘Sorry, you can’t get that type of finances from us ... (2/3)

Really fucking frustrating. Sign whoever can get the job done. I don't want year after year of potential but no finish.

Cactus

Banned
Well?

Seguin may have gotten bad press during/after the playoffs, but he still had excellent value and Boston just got a huge return for him.

Yeah, pretty much. The two secondary prospects probably won't amount to much, but Morrow will most likely be a good NHL player, and at least three years of Eriksson is pretty great, of course.

:-(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Didn't someone in here feel confident Lacavalier was going to sign with Montreal because "he's always wanted to play for ____"?

Socreges

Banned
Yeah, pretty much. The two secondary prospects probably won't amount to much, but Morrow will most likely be a good NHL player, and at least three years of Eriksson is pretty great, of course.

:-(
That is the kind of trade that Gillis should have made with Schneider. Chiarelli get every ounce of trade value out of Seguin whereas Gillis put himself in a difficult situation and let himself get reamed from behind.

Trade from Burins to Dallas will save @tylerseguin92 about $1,020,000 in state taxes over the remaining 5 years on this contract.

Lmao. NO STATE TAXES FTW

Acid08

Banned
Holy shit I missed a lot.

Surprised Leafs bought out Grabo but now they have tons of cap space to work with. They'll be fine.

Lol if Briere goes to Montreal. Such a tiny team.

This Seguin trade is nuts. Boston gets a huge return and Dallas gambles its chances on a kid who can't operate a washing machine.

Quick

Banned
Didn't someone in here feel confident Lacavalier was going to sign with Montreal because "he's always wanted to play for ____"?

Everyone wants to play for the Leafs. Growing up in _______, they all dreamed of it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Alfredsson sign with the Leafs, if only to watch the meltdown from both sides.
And I hear he's still pretty good.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I wouldn't mind seeing Alfredsson sign with the Leafs, if only to watch the meltdown from both sides.

I think Cake Boss and the rest of Sens-GAF can agree with me nobody wants to see that.

EVER!

Just thinking about it makes me feel sick.

yyzjohn

Banned
Everyone wants to play for the Leafs. Growing up in _______, they all dreamed of it.

Alfredsson will sign with the Sens, this is the same stunt that Brodeur pulled with NJ last summer.

Curufinwe

Holy shit I missed a lot.

Surprised Leafs bought out Grabo but now they have tons of cap space to work with. They'll be fine.

Lol if Briere goes to Montreal. Such a tiny team.

This Seguin trade is nuts. Boston gets a huge return and Dallas gambles its chances on a kid who can't operate a washing machine.

It's weird if Montreal wouldn't give a 33 year old five years at 4.5 million, but they will give a soon to be 36 year old coming off his worst season in a decade and a concussion two years at 4 million.

Cactus

Banned
That is the kind of trade that Gillis should have made with Schneider. Chiarelli get every ounce of trade value out of Seguin whereas Gillis put himself in a difficult situation and let himself get reamed from behind.

Yeah, Gillis probably should have acquired more assets (even though Horvat will probably be a stud), but the one aspect of that deal that should be most worrisome is that the organization seems to be resigned to Luongo's future cap penalty.

Buying him out might have been embarrassing for Gillis in the short term, but it would have saved the team a lot of headaches down the line.

While Nill wheels and deals Holland:

Do we have Dan Cleary signed, or not signed? Do we have Brunner signed or not signed? Do we have Stephen Weiss signed or not signed? I don’t know,” Holland said. “Are we going to sign someone in the open market or not sign anyone in the open market? We just know that we have to be at 50 contracts or less

Has no clue what is going on.

And in other news:

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m
Daniel Alfredsson believed to be mulling over final options, including Cup contenders. Bos, Det and of course, Sens vying for his services.

Holland must think we need to restock our old guy quota.

and then the latest :lol Eklund:

Bobby Ryan to Red Wings (e3)

Chasing this one...

Curufinwe

8m for G does seem pretty high though.... He should be getting 7.5. He's never even been a Hart nom, and he had some really mediocre stretches this year.

He did but still put up 48 in 48.

I hoped for 7.5 but that would have been a hometown discount and Giroux said fuck that I ain't giving them no discount.

Quick

Banned
I've been out all day breathing in some America, so I didn't get to see the news on Grabovski until now.

I hated Grabovski and his antics early in his tenure with the Leafs. Then he actually matured and started contributing and I started liking the guy.

It sucks that things didn't work out with him and the Leafs, but that's the business of hockey. He'll be a good asset to another team, KHL or NHL.

I think Cake Boss and the rest of Sens-GAF can agree with me nobody wants to see that.

EVER!

Just thinking about it makes me feel sick.

Currently on my iPhone, so I don't have my GIFs folder available, so I'll have to settle for:

asiangirltoothpasteevillaugh.gif

Alfredsson will sign with the Sens, this is the same stunt that Brodeur pulled with NJ last summer.

Absolutely. He's retiring a Sen.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah, Gillis probably should have acquired more assets (even though Horvat will probably be a stud), but the one aspect of that deal that should be most worrisome is that the organization seems to be resigned to Luongo's future cap penalty.

Buying him out might have been embarrassing for Gillis in the short term, but it would have saved the team a lot of headaches down the line.
Well, he's obviously hoping Luongo can keep playing like Brodeur into his 40s. Then there would be no penalty, or it would last just one or two seasons. Meanwhile we'd get Luongo at a very good AAV for many more years. That is, obviously, the absolute best possible outcome.

We'll see how Horvat turns out. But it is definitely exciting to have a player like him coming up.

Curufinwe

Letang is fair game, but Malkin earned that money.

I agree, but I think Giroux has too. 4th highest scorer in the league this decade.

I think settling for 8 would have been a nice gesture to the type of weird fans who care about cap hits down to the last dollar. People like me.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
While Nill wheels and deals Holland:

Has no clue what is going on.

And in other news:

Holland must think we need to restock our old guy quota.

and then the latest :lol Eklund:

Because Holland is terrible.

Ryan to Detroit is already at an e3?

**SOUND THE ALARMS**

Top Bottom