• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Calling it now, Grabo to St. Louis.

Wouldn't surprise me. Weiss and Ribs are looking for too much for too long for STL. Grabo is a good fit. I'd be much happier with that than something like Cullen.

Really need to move some money to make any of this work though. Halak / Perron / Stewart.

I agree, but I think Giroux has too. 4th highest scorer in the league this decade.

I think settling for 8 would have been a nice gesture to the type of weird fans who care about cap hits down to the last dollar. People like me.

It's not just about fans.... It's about reasonableness of the cap hit. 8.3 a year is A LOT for what G is currently producing at. He needs to continue at the same pace AND improve a bit in some years to justify those numbers. I hope he does do that, but I'm not sure he will.

Sanjuro

Seguin is gone!

Rask is still here though.

12N9WsS.gif

Anderson isn't pushing 6.5

If Spezza puts up 2011-12 numbers then 8mil+ is basically confirmed.

But yeah thw market for #1C isn't getting any cheaper.

If Andy plays like he did last year he may, he'd have been a Vezina finalist if it wasn't for the injury.

#1C market was always small, if we don't give him $8M+, someone else will.

cube444

Cask 'N Flagon ‏@TheCasknFlagon 59m
The Boston nightclub scene will be a better place without #tylerseguin demanding entry. #TradeSeguin

According to sources around the team, Seguin was out late in Toronto during the road trip to play the Leafs in the first round of the playoffs and the team had to hold a sit-down with the immature forward about his commitment to the team. Seguin showed up each day at the Air Canada Centre wearing the same clothes for three straight days and played badly in Games 3 and 4 of the first round against Toronto.

That incident coupled with stories of Seguin’s late night partying during the regular season prompted Peter Chiarelli to say that “[Seguin] needs to become more of a professional” during a tirade at draft weekend. The Bruins attempted to deal Seguin to the Calgary Flames last weekend, but ultimately Flames ownership squashed any deals for the six-year, $5.75 million contract for Seguin while they go through a full rebuild with inexpensive, youthful players.

Link

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Get lost Briere.

3 million is about the max I'd give him, and only if we're making Desharnais disappear. We don't need another centre to push Eller down the depth chart despite him playing better.

Seguin showed up each day at the Air Canada Centre wearing the same clothes for three straight days and played badly in Games 3 and 4 of the first round against Toronto.

That's only because he can't use his washer and dryer.

Edit more: If getting almost traded to Calgary doesn't scare him straight, nothing will.

I've talked to ppl that went to or had friends that went to high school with seguin, every story was him being a douche...... More so than most hockey players who are headed to the nhl

calder

Hiyoooo

I wonder if Seguin would be more committed at this age if he hadn't won a Cup in his rookie season.

I still remember someone, I'm pretty sure it was Jagr, talking about winning the Cup twice back to back when he entered the league and how it gave him the impression they would get to the SCF every year. Then it took a few seasons of struggling as a team to make him realize how fucking hard it is to get to that level even once.

Sanjuro

touche', however, the talent is there and they still need a sniper

Seguin isn't a sniper, doesn't have a great closing selection upon the net, and really doesn't have a solid position.

I never hated him, it just seemed that this was leading up to something like this.

Cornbread78

Seguin isn't a sniper, doesn't have a great closing selection upon the net, and really doesn't have a solid position.

I never hated him, it just seemed that this was leading up to something like this.
I understand why they did it, but they should have gottwm s scorer...

...? We weren't going to re-sign him. And he's from Calgary. I don't understand your reaction.

Thats the 5th fuckin guy with local ties that well have signed then. I get the hometown hero thing, it worked with iggy, but fuck, I get the feel they are targeting these dudes now.

@brandonworley
Jim Nill says this trade allows team to move Jamie Benn back to wing.

Yes!

EDIT When season begins Jamie Benn will be 24, Tyler Seguin 21 & Valeri Nichuskin 18. Might be top line for rest of the decade,

gaming_noob

Bozak signing with Calgary according to main HFboards.

Still don't want Weiss. Nonis should not force himself to lock in a 5+ year contract with someone whose barely an upgrade over Bozak. I hope he goes the trade route...

Still don't want Weiss. Nonis should not force himself to lock in a 5+ year contract with someone whose barely an upgrade over Bozak. I hope he goes the trade route...

Id take it. I have friends who are friends with bozak, he went to a HS near mine, could maybe get some team signed shit :p

But again another local-ish guy. Seriously.

Samyy

Kessel demanding trade to Calgary E5

RC

Banned
No more Raymay? He had a somwhat decent season last year but hasn't been the same since his injury in the finals.
Addition by subtraction.

Solo

LOL Seguin. From 2nd overall to Stanley Cup hero to underperforming problem child to dumped in Dallaslike a cheap whore in 3 seasons.

Top Bottom