• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

@brandonworley
Seguin getting asked about the "being a professional" questions. "It's nice to be able to start from scratch."

@brandonworley
Peverley: "I'm looking forward to more responsibility, being able to play all over the ice."

@brandonworley
Peverley: "I've heard a lot of things about Tyler [Seguin] the past 24 hours that I really don't think to be true. It's unfortunate."

Pierre Lebrun : "Habs GM Marc Bergevin reached out to Flyers GM Paul Holmgren to get feedback on Briere. Holmgren had nothing but great things to say"

OF COURSE HE DID YOU FUCKING NOOB

Solo

I swear to god, if we don't move DD and we roll Pleks-Briere-DD down the middle (which is both the most appalling centre line-up in hockey and completely buttfucks Eller and Galchenyuk), I'm driving straight to Montreal and shitting on every single pimp suit Bergevin owns and picking up the ECHL.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I swear to god, if we don't move DD and we roll Pleks-Briere-DD down the middle (which is both the most appalling centre line-up in hockey and completely buttfucks Eller and Galchenyuk), I'm driving straight to Montreal and shitting on every single pimp suit Bergevin owns and picking up the ECHL.

jack-nicholson-nodding.gif

Sanjuro

@brandonworley
Seguin getting asked about the "being a professional" questions. "It's nice to be able to start from scratch."

@brandonworley
Peverley: "I'm looking forward to more responsibility, being able to play all over the ice."

@brandonworley
Peverley: "I've heard a lot of things about Tyler [Seguin] the past 24 hours that I really don't think to be true. It's unfortunate."

Have fun with the cancer twins!

I'm sure Dunkin Donuts will give them a glowing review.

Merguson

Banned
Chris Gibson got invited to the Leafs prospect camp. Was selected 2nd round in 2011 by the Kings, didn't get a contract, went back into the 2013 draft, not selected. What a fall.

I guess if he looks decent, could be worth signing for goalie depth at least.

Jonas Siegel @jonasTSN1050
Just got off the phone with Grabovski: "Of course I feel [expletive] sad, I played [expletive] five years here."

[expletive]!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bergevin what are you doing, that's subtraction by addition. I liked it better when he wasn't signing anyone.

I can just see it now, Eller centering the fourth line, while DD and Briere get premier powerplay time and offensive zone starts against shitty competition.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bergevin what are you doing, that's subtraction by addition. I liked it better when he wasn't signing anyone.

I can just see it now, Eller centering the fourth line, while DD and Briere get premier powerplay time and offensive zone starts against shitty competition.

Fuck, I will rage. There has to be some more moves happening to have this make even a bit of sense.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Briere is here to replace Ryder not a centre. At least I hope. 2 years isn't too bad but I don't want him here period, at least he's clutch in the playoffs.

Edit: holy shit at the Seguin trade, really not looking forward to seeng Erkisson more often now.

Solo

You know who else was clutch in the playoffs? Cammy.

Means nothing when there's 82 games to be played before you even get the shot at playoffs.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck, I will rage. There has to be some more moves happening to have this make even a bit of sense.

I have a bad feeling Eller could end up being traded, ugh I don't like this.

I'm okay with this signing if DD is moved, even if I feel it's 1 million too expensive. I feel bad wanting to get rid of DD so much, but we've suffered enough with small centres.

Socreges

Banned
Anyway, sorry Habs fans. I know how much you guys have hated on Briere for years. Now begins that awkward transition that every fan must make occasionally, from hatred, to acceptance and, eventually, to love.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I would pretty much would quit the NHL for a season if Montreal did something this dumb :lol

:lol, just a bad feeling that it actually seems plausible at this point.

Anyway, sorry Habs fans. I know how much you guys have hated on Briere for years. Now begins that awkward transition that every fan must make occasionally, from hatred, to acceptance and, eventually, to love.

We did that with Ryder last season.

yyzjohn

Banned
I can't really laugh at Habs until I see what Nonis does. If we resign Bozak for more than $4M there will be rage on this board.

Solo

I would have loved this deal......if it was 4 years ago. Now he's old and injury prone.

Top Bottom