• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Cake Boss

Banned

I trust the guy that is connected with everything Sweden and the one that broke Alfie returning to the league story, than the guy that has been pushing for Alfie to join another team since the trade deadline, I remember when he magically put that rumor out there and Alfie laughed at it at the following scrum. Lebrun has been pushing this "Alfie to another team" agenda for a long ass time now, don't know why. I guess it makes for a story that the longest serving captain could change teams.

I trust the guy that is connected with everything Sweden and the one that broke Alfie returning to the league story, than the guy that has been pushing for Alfie to join another team since the trade deadline, I remember when he magically put that rumor out there and Alfie laughed at it at the following scrum. Lebrun has been pushing this "Alfie to another team" agenda for a long ass time now, don't know why. I guess it makes for a story that the longest serving captain could change teams.

I really don't want him anyways, just would be funny if somehow he didn't sign with the Sens.

TESTIFY!

gizD4hj.gif

I've also seen a Plekanec-Perron rumour pop up... I'd say it's fair to say Plekanec is moving on...

We'd become the new concussion champion team de facto, I guess

Solo

Actually, I think Eller becomes our Plekanec.

Eller SHOULD be our Plekanec. In fact I am 100% behind moving Plekanec now due to Eller's progression. Dude is essentially a much bigger, much younger Pleky and I think he is ready.

But a third season of DD at 1C? Fuck this earth.

Socreges

Banned
Trading for Plekanec would be beyond stupid given that we've got Henrik, Kesler and then Schroeder/Gaunce/Horvat coming up. Plekanec might be helpful for one season and then his contract would be a waste.

So I'm calling BS.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Probably for Edler.

And instead of Eller being promoted to 1C or even 2C, you know David "as useless as an asshole on your elbow" Desharnais will become 1C.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
You're becoming worse then MPW.

Actually, I think Eller becomes our Plekanec. He was used on the PK often and did a great job. He'll be our 2-way 2C. Unfortunately that means DD is probably still our 1C...
Exactly. Eller is a bigger, meaner Pleks, he'll take over for him and Gally will eventually be the #1 C, it's the just between now and then were Bergevin has to fill his holes.

Trading for Plekanec would be beyond stupid given that we've got Henrik, Kesler and then Schroeder/Gaunce/Horvat coming up. Plekanec might be helpful for one season and then his contract would be a waste.

So I'm calling BS.
Likewise, it makes no sense for the Canucks or Habs, Canucks gave shit for prospects and aren't moving any of their key players.

Solo

Hey Bergevin, want to redeem yourself? Find a way to get Bobby out of Anaheim. Fuck Philly. Let's kidnap Bobby's dad and move him to Montreal!

Solo

Exactly. Eller is a bigger, meaner Pleks, he'll take over for him and Gally will eventually be the #1 C, it's the just between now and then were Bergevin has to fill his holes.

MPW is manic depressive. I just call our GM on shit moves, of which, this most certainly is. And I've seen enough Therrien to know that, like Martin, he gives vets far too much leeway.

Bad signing any way you cut it, even if we can dump DD.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

So I'm calling BS.

That's what I was wondering, Plekanec isn't a need in Vancouver.

Eller SHOULD be our Plekanec. In fact I am 100% behind moving Plekanec now due to Eller's progression. Dude is essentially a much bigger, much younger Pleky and I think he is ready.

But a third season of DD at 1C? Fuck this earth.

Exactly.

I've also seen a Plekanec-Perron rumour pop up... I'd say it's fair to say Plekanec is moving on...

We'd become the new concussion champion team de facto, I guess

St. Louis would be a good trading partner, I'm not sure how good Perron is anymore, but Christ Stewart would be welcome depending on the type of contract he's looking for.

imBask

Banned
HFBoards Canadiens board is on suicide watch

I hope Brière does a good job, if he doesn't then too bad we'll kick him out in 2 years

Solo

HFBoards Canadiens board is on suicide watch

I hope Brière does a good job, if he doesn't then too bad we'll kick him out in 2 years

Even if he was in the best of health, which he isn't, how much can you expect from a small 35 year old player? This is essentially a lateral move to cover Gionta's absence.

Red_Man

MPW is manic depressive. I just call our GM on shit moves, of which, this most certainly is. And I've seen enough Therrien to know that, like Martin, he gives vets far too much leeway.

Bad signing any way you cut it, even if we can dump DD.
I call him out too but being sensationalist and saying they're going to trade Eller and Desharnais will be our 1C it's ridiculous.

Solo

I call him out too but being sensationalist and saying they're going to trade Eller and Desharnais will be our 1C it's ridiculous.

Bergevin has made as many poor moves as good ones so far. He's no Sam Pollock. Based on his performance so far, he's an average GM. Not great, not awful. As such, no move he makes will surprise me, good or bad.

Curufinwe

Even if he was in the best of health, which he isn't, how much can you expect from a small 35 year old player? This is essentially a lateral move to cover Gionta's absence.

He'll turn 36 right around opening night of the new season.

Good luck.

Red_Man

Hab fans really are the worst, now I see why other fans say they don't deserve to win anything. The guy took the team from 15th to 2nd, completely changed the teams identity and pay style, and because he signs Briere to a bad contract that's only 2 years, he's awful and the team is going to crash and burn? Jesus Christ.

Merguson

Banned
Jonas Siegel @jonasTSN1050
A taste of Grabovski on Carlyle: "Don’t put me on a [expletive] third line and then [expletive] play [me] six minutes in a game."

I could be wrong but I don't think Grabovski was fond of Carlyle.

EDIT: The lowest Grabovski played was 10:39 minutes of ice-time.

Plekanec makes $5M. That's pretty expensive for a 3C and I don't see Kesler or Henrik going anywhere.

I can see Edler being in play despite his NTC, since the Canucks actually have some decent defensive prospects with Tanev and Corrado.

Vman

Happy we got ballard sad we lost cullen. Cullen is gonna be good for whoever signs him. Best year of his career last year.

imBask

Banned

well i'm not 100% okay with this signing, but i'll wait until he actually sucks to complain about it

Solo

Hab fans really are the worst, now I see why other fans say they don't deserve to win anything. The guy took the team from 15th to 2nd, completely changed the teams identity and pay style, and because he signs Briere to a bad contract that's only 2 years, he's awful and the team is going to crash and burn? Jesus Christ.

Health + Therrien + health + Gallys + health + the team not actually being as bad as 15th + health were much bigger factors than any of Bergevin's moves (aside from hiring MT).

Pretty disingenuous to attribute the Habs rising to 2nd to Bergevin when the team was basically the one Gainey/Gauthier put together.

Socreges

Banned

Likewise, it makes no sense for the Canucks or Habs, Canucks gave shit for prospects and aren't moving any of their key players.
Eh, not really true with Horvat and Shinkaruk now in the system. Canucks are one of the weakest teams in that area, of course, but I could see Gaunce or Schroeder being dealt now that we've got Horvat.

Why you generalizing bro? I'm loving the contract. Briere was one player I wanted Habs to have, and they have him. Next season is going to be fun!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Who's saying the team is awful and will crash and burn?

Briere isn't the first bad contract he's signed. I'm still giving Bergevin the benefit of the doubt, but I'm losing more and more confidence in him with every bad signing he makes.

Nothing I've seen seems to suggest Eller is going to get the playing time he deserves so far, and I guarantee DD starts the season between our two best wingers.

Socreges

Banned
Plekanec makes $5M. That's pretty expensive for a 3C and I don't see Kesler or Henrik going anywhere.

I can see Edler being in play despite his NTC, since the Canucks actually have some decent defensive prospects with Tanev and Corrado.
Speaking of Tanev, I hope they get him signed soon. He could start receiving offer sheets starting tomorrow. Given that he's not looking at a big payday, teams wouldn't need to risk much to acquire him.

Top Bottom