• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Which category does Desharnais go in?
I still have faith in DD, I won't him traded but there's no way his 60 point season was a fluke. That being said, if Bergevin could manage to trade him I'd be ecstatic.

"Sounds like EDM has something on the go with DAL to send Shawn Horcoff there."

Dallas, what are you doing?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
And so begins the character assassination.

Has anyone mentioned how Schneider suffers from anxiety which has once forced him from a playoff game??

I still stand by the 'you don't want to get bit, don't put your fuckin arm around someone's mouth'

I got nothing against him except that contract, which he may have earned for a year or two, but then overpayment.

It's just too bad he didn't show that drive and passion in the playoffs for the rest of the regular season.

Quick

Banned
I still have faith in DD, I won't him traded but there's no way his 60 point season was a fluke. That being said, if Bergevin could manage to trade him I'd be ecstatic.

"Sounds like EDM has something on the go with DAL to send Shawn Horcoff there."

Dallas, what are you doing?

Dallas sure is busy.

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/352941331691212800

@TSNBobMcKenzie said:
Horcoff is off to DAL. Believe it's for a draft pick. TBA. Horcoff has a $5.5M cap hit but has 2 yrs remaining at $4M and $3M, respectively.

Clarkson is the kind of free agent that Edmonton loves to throw money at. A career minus player who has never scored more than 46 points in a season? 6m, 5 years.

Acid08

Banned
Dallas sure is getting a lot of players. I wonder if they'll form into a cohesive team under Ruff.

Still, fuck Dallas :lol

Clarkson is the kind of free agent that Edmonton loves to throw money at. A career minus player who has never scored more than 46 points in a season? 6m, 5 years.

I'm surprised Clarkson is getting as much attention as this. When Jussi Jokinen put up 30g a few seasons ago for the Canes, he didn't get a huge contract.

And he hasn't repeated those numbers since either.

yyzjohn

Banned
I doubt you'll be complaining about Grabo once we see what the UFAs that the leafs sign get

Considering Grabs never cracked 60 points in a season I'll reserve judgment when I see what Nonis does. If they give that $5.5M to someone with better stats its already an improvement.

Snowdrift

Horcoff to Dallas!

2dHNVgS.gif

Acid08

Banned
Well Buffalo got a lot of players not long ago in July and they didn't form a cohesive team under Ruff.
True. It'll be interesting to see. Next season is going to be great.

Pretty disappointed with the Sharks so far. Mediocre draft, Kennedy the only added player so far. They're pinning a lot of hope on Hertl, hope the kid lives up to it.

I can't believe they found someone to take Horcoff and that contract.

Dallas: "trade all the things!"

It's that "New GM wants to make a splash" that happens every year. Owners hire him and tell him they want to make the playoffs. New guy starts trading and signing everyone to show he is trying.

Samyy

Considering Grabs never cracked 60 points in a season I'll reserve judgment when I see what Nonis does. If they give that $5.5M to someone with better stats its already an improvement.

Thats a big if, theres no guarentee any of the available centers even sign in Toronto
That just leave us a hole potentially filled by Tyler Bozak

yyzjohn

Banned
Thats a big if, theres no guarentee any of the available centers even sign in Toronto
That just leave us a hole potentially filled by Tyler Bozak

Could still be a trade. Perhaps Nonis can get his guy but needs to take an additional shit contract to make it work similar to the Lupul/Gardiner trade where Lupes was a throw in.

Samyy

Could still be a trade. Perhaps Nonis can get his guy but needs to take an additional shit contract to make it work similar to the Lupul/Gardiner trade where Lupes was a throw in.

And what assets would you be willing to give up to get a #1C because its going to cost us Gardiner/Reilly +
Or do you want him to just trade for a borderline 1st/ decent 2nd liner to shove into the #1 role again

kingslunk

Look at Nill completely changing our team like a boss.

Also because acid always has to chime in on everything involving the stars I just have to say:

Fuck the sharks. Gonna miss playing those bastards all the time my favorite team to watch dallas play against :(

yyzjohn

Banned
And what assets would you be willing to give up to get a #1C because its going to cost us Gardiner/Reilly +
Or do you want him to just trade for a borderline 1st/ decent 2nd liner to shove into the #1 role again
If you're taking a shit contract back you're helping that other team with cap space and won't have to give up as much.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Someone morphed into a Debbie Downer all of a sudden.

Free Agency hasn't even started!

Listen to the Cake Boss.

Samyy

If you're taking a shit contract back you're helping that other team with cap space and won't have to give up as much.

What player do you have in mind because im drawing a blank on overpriced #1 centers that teams are eager to get rid of

Statsny is not a #1 C anymore if thats who your thinking of and its telling Avs fans are rushing to get rid of him.
Shouldve kept Grabo, bought out Liles and signed some help on D thats it.

Acid08

Banned
Look at Nill completely changing our team like a boss.

Also because acid always has to chime in on everything involving the stars I just have to say:

Fuck the sharks. Gonna miss playing those bastards all the time my favorite team to watch dallas play against :(
I was giving the team props for changing stuff up and going for it.

Obviously because of the two teams history though I'll be saying fuck Dallas forever :p

yyzjohn

Banned
What player do you have in mind because im drawing a blank on overpriced #1 centers that teams are eager to get rid of

Statsny is not a #1 C anymore if thats who your thinking of and its telling Avs fans are rushing to get rid of him.
Shouldve kept Grabo, bought out Liles and signed some help on D thats it.

Still only 27 and in the final year of his deal so may be ready for a big year. He's a hell of a lot closer to a 1C than Grabovski. Let him play a few months if it doesn't work out you let him walk next summer. Better than being stuck with Gtabovski for 4 more years of potential diminishing returns.

Also opens up a bigger role for Kadri. If you want Naz as your #2C where does that leave Grabs and his big contract?

Acid08

Banned
Does that make him a better GM? IMO, he lost the Seguin trade. And now he's traded for Horcoff. Yes he's doing things but maybe they're bad things.
Yeah, plus it remains to see how Ruff handles the team. They'll be interesting to watch but they're by no means a shoe in for the playoffs or anything.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Does that make him a better GM? IMO, he lost the Seguin trade. And now he's traded for Horcoff. Yes he's doing things but maybe they're bad things.

Although I agree with you still way to early to say if anyone won/lost the trade.

For all we know maybe this is the motivation Seguin needed. Maybe he'll only go partying once a week now and focus on hockey the other 6 days.

lupin23rd

Where is all this Stasney talk coming from? Wishful thinking? I heard his name in previous years but haven't seen anything concrete recently from the main insiders.

Cake Boss

Banned
I dont think he lost the Seguin trade, He traded the better player now but hes got his #1C for the next decade. looking at the stats quickly it seems Seguin outproduced Eriksson last season as well, the season before that Seguin had 64 points compared to Louis's 71. Not that far off considering he was only 20. Also 8 points in 22 games while completely hung over in the playoffs isnt that bad.

Think its a good hockey trade that works for both teams and addresses both needs. Plus he added Peverly, pretty good 3rd liner.

For the Horcoff one, I have no idea wtf hes doing with that, you could get better centers in the free agency.

Samyy

Where is all this Stasney talk coming from? Wishful thinking? I heard his name in previous years but haven't seen anything concrete recently from the main insiders.

Aren't the AVs stuffed down the middle with centers? Thats probably why. Duchene, O'Reilly and now Mackinnon. Plus hes over paid so if they had the opportunity why wouldn't they move him?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Although I agree with you still way to early to say if anyone won/lost the trade.

For all we know maybe this is the motivation Seguin needed. Maybe he'll only go partying once a week now and focus on hockey the other 6 days.

Anyone from Dallas have any insight on the night life there?

yyzjohn

Banned
Pure speculation based on need and his contract coming up. Avs won't resign him and Leafs could use him. Seems like a perfect fit.

Top Bottom