• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Socreges

Banned
I'm still waiting for the Canucks to get a Swiss player... I'm sure Brunner's always wanted to play with fellow Europeans! Sedin-Sedin-Brunner! We only need Josi, pair him with Edler and we have a nice "same country anyway" shift going!
What does our cap situation look like with Schneider and Ballard gone? How many roster spots left? 6?

Anyone know if Lack is still slated to be the backup despite his injury-plagued season?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
What does our cap situation look like with Schneider and Ballard gone? How many roster spots left? 6?

Anyone know if Lack is still slated to be the backup despite his injury-plagued season?

Don't you guys still have two buyouts...? Which your owner won't let Gillis use...?

Aside from Luongo and Ballard, I think you guys don't have any albatrosses for contracts I believe

lol @ today.

Glad Dallas aren't in our division anymore. We just got over having to constantly face Steve Ott, having to deal with Douchebag Seguin constantly would fucking blow.

I predict that Dallas will be the new 2012 Florida Panthers.

@brandonworley
Seguin says he's looking forward to getting back to his natural position at center.

I'm sure that's the only thing he's looking forward to.

Socreges

Banned
Don't you guys still have two buyouts...? Which your owner won't let Gillis use...?

Aside from Luongo and Ballard, I think you guys don't have any albatrosses for contracts I believe
Ballard has already been bought out and he signed with Minnesota. Presumably Luongo wasn't bought out because they still value him and wanted something back for one of their goalies.

Booth could have been bought out but maybe they're giving him one more season to prove himself. We could use the buyout next season on o'er surprising disappointments too.

Marvie_3

Banned
Risky contract for a guy who was considered "the best player in the world" for about 2-3 weeks a season ago and who has never cracked 100 points.

Not as risky as Pittsburgh paying $60M+ for the best team of the last 41 years and getting swept in the Conference Finals.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

No idea on Lack. I remember making a post about our cap situation, but I'm on my phone and can't find it. I believe it was something like 7mio available to resign 4 roster spots (3C, 4C and 4RW and 5D), which will presumably be Schroeder, Lapierre (i hope... If not, maybe Lain or Gaunce/horvat if they impress at camp), Weise and Tanev. Then maybe Alberts and Pinnizotto to round up the lineup. Will also depend on how NHL-ready they think Jensen is

cube444

Vokoun:
11 GP
2.01 GAA
.933 SV%

Yeah, he sure was a sieve in the playoffs. Oddly enough, the Pens' problem in the Conference Finals was scoring goals, and not their goaltending.

Vokoun is too old to be counted on for a full Cup run.

Shero will add Clark MacArthur as the final piece.

EDIT: I could see a few teams taking a chance with Fleury.

So in order to justify this contract G has to pretty much consistently play like a top 5 player in the league. I think he can do it. He's certainly shown the ability to at times. Hopefully last season was an aberration. If the cap goes up as much as projected next season I don't think we have too huge a cap issue either unless Schenn or Couts has a monster season.

cube444

I feel sort of dirty after reading that. Wtf :-/

My personal faves:

Link

Link

And the real reason Grabovski left:

I gain some confidence, reach down toward the bag I've had with me all morning and I quickly unzip it. Grabovski turns his head slightly and looks up when he hears the sound. "Don't worry", I say, "you'll enjoy this". I squirt a large amount of K-Y warming body massage on his back and he gasps slightly from the sensation. I've heard that sound before. I grin to myself and get to it. My hands rub deep into his lower back and I can tell I'm doing it right because he's not complaining. I lose my trepidation and I get more confident with each compression. I'm amazed at the feel of this body, the supple, yet firm toughness of the finely tuned muscles. The glutes are perfect, the hamstring is sublime and the gastrocnemius is so solid. A few times Marty has to hold me back a bit as i'm getting too enthusiastic. "Woah, woah there, no need to get THAT intense", he says to me as he laughs. I don't even hear him a few times as I'm SO involved in trying to please Grabovski with the massage. It's as if I'm applying for a job and I throw myself into it full force. Marty finally tells me I'm done, yet I feel like I've only just begun. I ask Grabovski how I did. He looks at me square in the eye and asks "first time?". When I reply that it was he breaks a smile and replies simply "good, good". My heart nearly explodes with a mixture of joy and overconfidence. "I think I'm ready for more!", I tell Marty.

Link

Top Bottom