• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Acid08

Banned
Oilers go hard after Clarkson!

2hHCeNo.gif
:lol

lupin23rd

Pure speculation based on need and his contract coming up. Avs won't resign him and Leafs could use him. Seems like a perfect fit.

Makes sense, I just hadn't seen this rumor fly around recently. I'm surprised he's still there given his dads comments a few years ago after that other big trade.

Curufinwe

I dont think he lost the Seguin trade, He traded the better player now but hes got his #1C for the next decade. looking at the stats quickly it seems Seguin outproduced Eriksson last season as well, the season before that Seguin had 64 points compared to Louis's 71. Not that far off considering he was only 20. Also 8 points in 22 games while completely hung over in the playoffs isnt that bad.

Think its a good hockey trade that works for both teams and addresses both needs. Plus he added Peverly, pretty good 3rd liner.

For the Horcoff one, I have no idea wtf hes doing with that, you could get better centers in the free agency.

But not cheaper ones in terms of salary.

Solo

Don't even dare spoil it, Solo. I have it sitting at home, ready to play once I get back from my trip.

SPOILERS ITS PRETTY AWESOME SPOILERS

I need to pick that back up. Been a bit depressed lately, so figured playing a game would help alleviate that. After the prologue...I just brought the game back to the store.

Not to spoil too much......but the game doesn't get much more upbeat or optimistic after that :lol

Solo

I think Briere will be really motivated to prove people wrong next season. He was injured before the lockout and never really looked comfortable at all when the shortened season started.

I see no in between for him. He will either be run out of town or hailed like a hero.

He will be hailed like a hero before being run out of town.

Alucard

Banned
Just saw today's news and notes.

-Grabovski waived by the Leafs (not sure if want...)
-Briere signs with the Habs (good luck to him)
-Seguin gone to Dallas! (shocking despite seeing it coming)

Also, Matt Cooke will likely be moving on from the Pens according to some vague quotes from Shero today. Pens will need to replace him with somebody. Suggestions include Boyd Gordon and Max Lapierre. We'll see how it goes.

It's been a really interesting and exciting offseason so far.

Sanjuro

Also, Matt Cooke will likely be moving on from the Pens according to some vague quotes from Shero today. Pens will need to replace him with somebody. Suggestions include Boyd Gordon and Max Lapierre. We'll see how it goes.

I hope the Bruins sign him and Tuukka dumps the body a block from his house.

Win Win!

Well, looks like Brunner is going to test the market tomorrow because he hasn't signed yet. :(

At least it looks like Cleary is also gone. Time to sign Grabo/Iginla and Weiss.

Cake Boss

Banned
Well, looks like Brunner is going to test the market tomorrow because he hasn't signed yet. :(

At least it looks like Cleary is also gone. Time to sign Grabo/Iginla and Weiss.

ibrteYyEctbwPB.gif

Hey Brunner we play a similiar style to Detroit, got a Detroit coach and a couple of European players here.

calder

Don't even dare spoil it, Solo. I have it sitting at home, ready to play once I get back from my trip.

MAJOR spoilers, in what can only be considered a huge troll the society killing outbreak occurs between games 3 and 4 of the 2014 Stanley Cup finals, with the Leafs possessing a suffocating 3-0 series lead over the Blackhawks and Chicago's top 6 forwards confirmed injured for game four. Pretty grim stuff.

Quick

Banned
MAJOR spoilers, in what can only be considered a huge troll the society killing outbreak occurs between games 3 and 4 of the 2014 Stanley Cup finals, with the Leafs possessing a suffocating 3-0 series lead over the Blackhawks and Chicago's top 6 forwards confirmed injured for game four. Pretty grim stuff.

igzG73kfKXpui.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This sounds even more ridiculous than FF XIII's plot.

Roy and Sakic already said they don't plan on moving Stastny. Avs fans aren't rushing to get rid of him, Toronto fans make proposals for him almost every week on the HF boards and we always say the offers are shit, most of us want to see what he can do under a new coaching staff with a different system. Also, O'reilly can't be traded until one calendar year after the offer sheet signing, which is past next seasons trade deadline I believe. Not only that we don't have to qualify him at 6.5 we could just sign him to an extension beforehand.

CrankyJay

Banned

Kelly gets traded to the Blackhawks from Boston right before game 7 and elbows JVR in the face without a whistle to turn the tide of the game in the Hawks favor.

Horcoff!

What?! Awesome

We have fixed all our C issues hahaha

His contract:

@TSNBobMckenzie
Horcoff is off to DAL. Believe it's for a draft pick. TBA. Horcoff has a $5.5M cap hit but has 2 yrs remaining at $4M and $3M, respectively.

Cake Boss

Banned
The irony, of course, is that Melnyk’s challengers proved to be very able corporate stewards. Shortly after Melnyk dumped his shares — realizing more than $250 million in gross proceeds — Biovail acquired U.S.-based Valeant, and kept the name. Valeant is now a multibillion-dollar-a-year operation with a wide range of specialty pharmaceuticals. It closed recently at $95.19 per share on the TSX.

Had Melnyk simply kept quiet and not sold his shares, his stake in Valeant would this week easily top $1 billion.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Melnyk+costly+stock+trades/8618252/story.html#ixzz2Y88H36Zt

Bwahahaha Melnyk.

Someone in Ottawa actually had the balls to write this, what a weird offseason.

Socreges

Banned
Although I agree with you still way to early to say if anyone won/lost the trade.

For all we know maybe this is the motivation Seguin needed. Maybe he'll only go partying once a week now and focus on hockey the other 6 days.

Bit early to call that one.
Bit early to call every trade then, right? You never know how players will respond/develop. Maybe Horvat will be as good as Bergeron (lol but yes pls) and Schneider will struggle in Jersey. But no one knows the future and we still evaluate trades as they're made. Every trade has an apparent winner at the moment it's made and I'd say that would be Boston. They got a skilled top-6 winger who's just 27 years old and three great/solid prospects... basically in exchange for Seguin.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm still waiting for the Canucks to get a Swiss player... I'm sure Brunner's always wanted to play with fellow Europeans! Sedin-Sedin-Brunner! We only need Josi, pair him with Edler and we have a nice "same country anyway" shift going!

RC

Banned
I'm still waiting for the Canucks to get a Swiss player... I'm sure Brunner's always wanted to play with fellow Europeans! Sedin-Sedin-Brunner! We only need Josi, pair him with Edler and we have a nice "same country anyway" shift going!

We have too many Euro's as is. What we need is some GOOD OL' CANADIANS. Not the Quebec kind.

Solo

I said it in the TLOU spoilers thread
i wanted more, but knew that it wouldn't be right any other way, loved it

Definitely. I also really hope they don't ruin it with a sequel. If ever there was a game that should be one-and-done, its this one.

So naturally we'll get 4 sequels :/

Top Bottom