• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Kane and Toews, just two boys in love XXX

Ajk5HHK.gif

Can't believe TNA picked this grunge/80s hair metal throwback.

Huh?

Curufinwe

Risky contract for a guy who was considered "the best player in the world" for about 2-3 weeks a season ago and who has never cracked 100 points.

Less risky than a 12 year deal for a guy with multiple serious concussions.

Getzlaf and Perry should have been enough warning that sub 100 point players will be getting 8 million plus in the new CBA.

yyzjohn

Banned
I have to believe Nonis has a trade in the works. It can't just be a Ribeiro or Weiss signing at center. Personally I'd love to see a trade for a center and possibly signing Horton (even though he indicated he'd like a non hockey market). I have no idea who the center would be though. Another blockbuster tomorrow?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I have to believe Nonis has a trade in the works. It can't just be a Ribeiro or Weiss signing at center. Personally I'd love to see a trade for a center and possibly signing Horton (even though he indicated he'd like a non hockey market). I have no idea who the center would be though. Another blockbuster tomorrow?
For sure Horton ain't coming here. I still believe Weiss is coming. I can't think of any other reason why they'd need to clear space so suddenly unless something big was coming. Sure don't see him buying out Grabo to sign Bozak...

Unless he's really confident in Bozak, Kadri, Bolland, McClement with Colbourne in the wings.

Fuck, maybe he'll go off the deep end and put Kostco as 1C

Curufinwe

I gotta say it's weird Giroux and his agent insisted on beating Getzlaf's number by 25K. I would have thought with him being an RFA and getting the NMC that he would do a little discount and take 8 million per year. I feel like Malkin gave his team a 500K per year discount cause as a FA he could have got 10 million per year.

Giroux treated the Flyers like Letang treated the Pens. Fuck you, pay me.

Alucard

Banned
I gotta say it's weird Giroux and his agent insisted on beating Getzlaf's number by 25K. I would have thought with him being an RFA and getting the NMC that he would do a little discount and take 8 million per year. I feel like Malkin gave his team a 500K per year discount cause as a FA he could have got 10 million per year.

Giroux treated the Flyers like Letang treated the Pens. Fuck you, pay me.

i0OR6s2xG2wgt.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What does our cap situation look like with Schneider and Ballard gone? How many roster spots left? 6?

Anyone know if Lack is still slated to be the backup despite his injury-plagued season?

No idea on Lack. I remember making a post about our cap situation, but I'm on my phone and can't find it. I believe it was something like 7mio available to resign 4 roster spots (3C, 4C and 4RW and 5D), which will presumably be Schroeder, Lapierre (i hope... If not, maybe Lain or Gaunce/horvat if they impress at camp), Weise and Tanev. Then maybe Alberts and Pinnizotto to round up the lineup. Will also depend on how NHL-ready they think Jensen is

Just checked, I wasn't far off.

7.5 Mio available, with the positions mentioned above needing to be resigned. Tanev, Schroeder and Weise are likely to be resigned (at least I sure hope so...) which means we'd only need a 4C. If Lapierre doesn't stay, that could be either Lain, Schroeder (if Gaunce/Horvat get a shot at 3C) or an FA.

Then we'll probably keep Pinnizotto and Alberts as 13th forward & 7th D, I'd assume.

EDIT: Is LA allowed to offer sheet Bernier? :p

Curufinwe

I think Homer could offer 3.3 million and only have to cough up a second rounder. I'd rather do that than give Thomas or Emery that money.

Today's been awesome.

And we still aren't done it sounds like.

FA's tomorrow .. Nill still has more up his sleeve.

He fixed our C issue.. but now we have 1 extra center. I bet Fiddler gets traded sometime in the near future. Likewise we probably will do something with Robidas or Daley. And we need to grab a forward

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Just checked, I wasn't far off.

7.5 Mio available, with the positions mentioned above needing to be resigned. Tanev, Schroeder and Weise are likely to be resigned (at least I sure hope so...) which means we'd only need a 4C. If Lapierre doesn't stay, that could be either Lain, Schroeder (if Gaunce/Horvat get a shot at 3C) or an FA.

Then we'll probably keep Pinnizotto and Alberts as 13th forward & 7th D, I'd assume.

EDIT: Is LA allowed to offer sheet Bernier? :p
Don't see a rule stating he couldn't. Though realistically, he seems like a good guy and willingly let him go. Doing a douchebag move like that may not be against the rules, but it would affect his reputation among other GMs and make it harder to trade.

Merguson

Banned
Why not both?

Teams are usually limited in this regard. If both offer sheets contain compensation that would go to both teams, it wouldn't be allowed.

He could do both.. but the 2nd round compensation.. the Leafs would match it anyways.. and the Flyers would have to go for the 4 1st rounders compensation for Pietrangelo..

So it wouldn't work..

Smiley90

Any reason why I shouldn't get The Witcher 2 for $10?

Because you don't like semi-open world action RPG's with a combo-fighting system?

EDIT: Actually, an ACTUAL reason not to buy it would be that it'll most likely be AT LEAST 50% off during the steam summer sale too. So you may be able to get it for less than 10 next week.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It's sad watching all the other teams having fun and knowing we can't really do shit this offseason because of Richards' albatross contract.

Oh well.

Socreges

Banned
Because you don't like semi-open world action RPG's with a combo-fighting system?

EDIT: Actually, an ACTUAL reason not to buy it would be that it'll most likely be AT LEAST 50% off during the steam summer sale too. So you may be able to get it for less than 10 next week.
Nah I prefer to play on my big TV.

Thanks, guys. Will go buy before the sale ends

Nah I prefer to play on my big TV.

Use Steam Big Picture mode.

edit: It's currently $6.99 on GOG.com for the 'Enhanced Edition', and if you wait a couple weeks it'll be $4.99 for the same version on Steam (which you can also activate on GOG.com to get the bundled extras).

I'm actually going back through Witcher 2 right now. A choice you make at the end of Chapter 1 completely changes Chapter 2 in it's entirety. So I'm going ahead and doing the opposite of what I did my first time around.

Smiley90

Who cares about other games when Brave New World is out next week!

Who cares about BNW when you're gonna go to bed early anyway and we won't get to play!

Okay, I still care. I'll just have to be happy with destroying Spectre again.

Who cares about other games when Brave New World is out next week!

Civ 5?

That reminds me, has anyone else here played the Paradox title 'Warlock: Master of the Arcane'? I bought it for some reason a few weeks ago and finally installed it the other day. It's basically a clone of Civ 5, but with some fantasy elements and a completly awful UI. Fuck.

ShaneB

Who cares about BNW when you're gonna go to bed early anyway and we won't get to play!

Okay, I still care. I'll just have to be happy with destroying Spectre again.

I go to bed late :( It's not my fault there are a few timezones between us. I need to check out what the new Pitboss mode is and that could be viable.

edit: Yeah, Civ V bones. I have warlock, but never played it (gifted to me at least), apparently it is solid, with appealing combat, but eh, I'd rather just play Civ V

Smiley90

Civ 5?

That reminds me, has anyone else here played the Paradox title 'Warlock: Master of the Arcane'? I bought it for some reason a few weeks ago and finally installed it the other day. It's basically a clone of Civ 5, but with some fantasy elements and a completly awful UI. Fuck.

I'm pretty sure I own it, but never played it.

If you're truly looking for an alternative/different setting and Civ5-like quality, buy Endless Space. Or, better, buy it during the summer steam sale. It's like Civ5 in Space/4X form. It's obviously not as good/deep as Civ, but it's VERY well done and entertaining/fun to play.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Briere in Montreal... Habs will sweep the season series against us next year, confirmed.

I'm pretty sure I own it, but never played it.

If you're truly looking for an alternative/different setting and Civ5-like quality, buy Endless Space. Or, better, buy it during the summer steam sale. It's like Civ5 in Space/4X form. It's obviously not as good/deep as Civ, but it's VERY well done and entertaining/fun to play.

I loved Endless Space! Not sure if I'll pick up the expansion yet, even though I kind of feel obliged to after all the free content they've released for the game thus far.

Re Space 4X games: If any of you guys are thinking about Star Drive, eeeeehhhh. Proceed with caution. One of its signature 'features' is actually a hellish chore.

Tabris

Canucks fans, please remember as the NHL season starts, that we traditionally suck in October and wait until November before judging the team. Give the team and more importantly Luongo a chance.

Top Bottom