• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I loved Endless Space! Not sure if I'll pick up the expansion yet, even though I kind of feel obliged to after all the free content they've released for the game thus far.

Re Space 4X games: If any of you guys are thinking about Star Drive, eeeeehhhh. Proceed with caution. One of its signature 'features' is actually a hellish chore.

I'll pick up the expansion if it's on any kind of sale during the steam summer sale. I hope it gets like 25%, although it wouldn't surprise me if not. It's definitely a lot of fun though, can't recommend it enough for anyone who likes TBS games.

Also not sure Civ5 is the best game to try Big Picture mode on... I feel like big picture is best for games that benefit from sheer "size/impression", like Action games & RPG's. Less so for strategy games, where graphic prowess isn't the most important factor.

RC

Banned
Canucks fans, please remember as the NHL season starts, that we traditionally suck in October and wait until November before judging the team. Give the team and more importantly Luongo a chance.

Thanks for tip Tabris. I only started watching hockey a month ago.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Woah

@TSNBobMackenzie
Bozak and Leafs have reportedly agreed to a $49.5m deal over 9 years, AAV $5.5m per

600107oh_you_super.jpg

Does Horton play defense?

Wouldnt be surprised if we grab a higher profile D guy but right now we have..

Gonchar
Goligoski
Dillon
Robidas
Daley
Oleksiak
Rome

We will be dumping more defenseman.. we just dumped one. I can see Oleksiak starting this year.

We also will be dumping Fiddler since he is a 5th center now.

Our centers are..

Seguin
Peverley
Horcoff
Eakin

My free agency wish list for tomorrow. Though I doubt the Avs land any of them, as Sakic stated they weren't looking to make any huge splashes spending wise. At least Zanon the pylon got bought out today!

Horton
Ference
Scuderi
Stalberg

Love the G signing by homer and I would be extremely happy with emery competing with mason. This is a great offseason for the Flyers. Glad to see homer turn it around so fast.

Samyy

Cant sleep because I cant stop watching the last season of Scrubs proper.

Nonis just sign Scuderi thats it. No need to do much else except get a bottom 6 guy, thats not Clarkson.

Who needs centers :(!

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Oh no.
MacT is gonna sign David Clarkson to something ridiculous like 5 x $5.75M tomorrow :(
Don't do it!!

Oilers FA wish list for tomorrow:
- Anton Khudobin or Ray Emery
- Valtteri Filppula
- Grabo and MacArthur!
- Manny Malhotra?

Slim pickings on the FA list...
...so I hope MacT can make some BOLD trades.

Razorskin

----- ------
Oh no.
MacT is gonna sign David Clarkson to something ridiculous like 5 x $5.75M tomorrow :(
Don't do it!!

Oilers FA wish list for tomorrow:
- Anton Khudobin or Ray Emery
- Valtteri Filppula
- Grabo and MacArthur!
- Manny Malhotra?

Slim pickings on the FA list...
...so I hope MacT can make some BOLD trades.

Nonis will beat MacT to it

Free agents:

Centre
1.Weiss
2.Filppula
3.Grabovski

Winger
1.Cooke
2.Lapierre

Defense
1.Scuderi

Through trade:

Centre
1.Kelly

Winger
1.Ryan

Defense
1.Coburn

FORWARDS
Martin Erat ($4.500m) / Nicklas Backstrom ($6.700m) / Alex Ovechkin ($9.538m)
Bobby Ryan ($5.100m) / Stephen Weiss ($4.500m) / Troy Brouwer ($3.667m)
Matt Cooke ($2.200m) / Chris Kelly ($3.000m) / Maxim Lapierre ($0.800m)
Aaron Volpatti ($0.575m) / Jeff Halpern ($0.600m) / Michael Latta ($0.786m)
DEFENSEMEN
Karl Alzner ($3.000m) / Mike Green ($6.083m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / John Carlson ($3.967m)
Dmitry Orlov ($0.900m) / Tomas Kundratek ($0.550m)
Jack Hillen ($0.700m) /
GOALTENDERS
Braden Holtby ($1.850m)
Philipp Grubauer ($0.607m)
OTHER
Buyout: Joel Ward ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,123,184; BONUSES: $355,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $531,816

Socreges

Banned
I'm the one who mentions their slow start every season, insisting that they'll turn it around after a month or two. And they always do.

But I wouldn't bet on it this season. They're in that awkward stage where their expensive core is largely on the decline and their young/cheap players are not necessarily ready to make an impact. They'll probably have less than $5m to fill the 5 vacancies once Tanev/Weise are re-signed. And one of those players should be a solid center. Here's hoping one of Schroeder/Gaunce/Horvat surprise us and make a good case for the third line C role (probably Schroeder).

The cap coming down is going to increase parity even further. Should be a crazy season.

Socreges

Banned
Also fuck the team who signs Malhotra. I wish him all the best and hope he's right that he can still play safely/effectively, but it'll make me sad nevertheless.

Top Bottom