• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Vman

Pretty good off-season for the Wild so far. Nino should be good and Ballard will be good as a 5-6 Dman. Hoping we can pickup Ference to shore up the 4-6 spots

Suter-Brodin
Spurgeon-Dumba
Ballard-Ference
Stoner

looks good to me

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Pretty good off-season for the Wild so far. Nino should be good and Ballard will be good as a 5-6 Dman. Hoping we can pickup Ference to shore up the 4-6 spots

Suter-Brodin
Spurgeon-Dumba
Ballard-Ference
Stoner

looks good to me

Best defensive pairing in the league.

My free agency wish list for tomorrow. Though I doubt the Avs land any of them, as Sakic stated they weren't looking to make any huge splashes spending wise. At least Zanon the pylon got bought out today!

Horton
Ference
Scuderi
Stalberg

I'd like to see at least one signing. Cap space is a bit weird at the moment but we have room for one of those guys.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Clout Atlas would have been a better film.

Biggest question going in to Friday: Who will win the Boyd Gordon sweepstakes?

Bigger question: who'll end up with this face on their team?

Maxim-Lapierre-161618223-Jeff-Vinnick.jpg

Stasis

Bigger question: who'll end up with this face on their team?

Maxim-Lapierre-161618223-Jeff-Vinnick.jpg

Prolly the Rangers unless Dominic Moore comes on board like is being discussed apparently.

I hope we make a move for Scuderi but I don't really see how that's gonna happen. Goddamn Richards. I really wanted some new toys. His insane amount of suck from last season is hard to get over. He should be pretty good, on paper, but I just don't have much faith in that right now. If he turns things around and looks even slightly like his former self I'll be alright with it. Anything resembling last season and there will be SO MUCH hate directed at him all season long.

He'd be run out of NYC even if we didn't have a remaining buyout.

Jamie Benn - Tyler Seguin - Valeri Nichushkin
Ray Whitney - Horcoff/Peverley - Nathan Horton
Erik Cole - Horcoff/Peverley - ???
Antoine Roussel - Cody Eakin - Ryan Garbutt

Sergei Gonchar - Alex Goligoski
Jamie Oleksiak - Brenden Dillon
Aaron Rome - Trevor Daley

Goalies
Kari Lehtonen
Kristopher Nilstrop

Extras:
Vern Fiddler
Stephane Robidas

Taking a stab... No idea though. The whole Cody Eakin factor is interesting.. Is he gonna be third or fourth? Also we need another wing..

Maybe Brett Ritchie steps up.

Tabris

If Chris Pronger retired, the Flyers would be screwed on salary cap (because he's over 35, it counts against cap hit?). I assume that's why he actually hasn't retired yet, because no way he's coming back after this long without a positive update. I don't even see how they are going to fit in everything after that Vinny Lecavalier deal.

I think it's a real shame how Pronger's career is ending. I know a lot of people don't like him, but he was a great player wish he could have gone out on a high note.

Curufinwe

If Chris Pronger retired, the Flyers would be screwed on salary cap (because he's over 35, it counts against cap hit?). I assume that's why he actually hasn't retired yet, because no way he's coming back after this long without a positive update. I don't even see how they are going to fit in everything after that Vinny Lecavalier deal.

Pronger would also be screwed because he wouldn't get his money. So him and Savard aren't going to retire.

I told you all to not touch my Brunner. :(

Today is going to be worse than last year isn't it? (and that is saying something seeing as how we signed Sammy to that stupid deal).

Horton
Brunner
Gilbert
Grabo

Filpulla would be great but it's a long shot. Well, all of these are long shots tbh.

You will overpay for Cleary and you will like it!!!! (or overpay for Flip too I guess with his 5 million dollar, 8 year asking price)

Solo

5 hours until another version of the annual overhyped, undercooked free agency frenzy! Soooooo glad its on a work day this year so I don't waste my whole day like an idiot in front of TSN.

5 hours until another version of the annual overhyped, undercooked free agency frenzy! Soooooo glad its on a work day this year so I don't waste my whole day like an idiot in front of TSN.

This, though I'm at work and nobody else is at the moment, doubt many people will be here today anyways.

Silexx

Shawn Simpson is so full of shiiiiiiiiiiiit!

He's basically said that the reason Ottawa hasn't signed Alfredsson yet is because they've decided to move on in the organisation and would just let him go and test the free agent market.

Freep said:
Detroit Red Wings general manager Ken Holland has been in contact with pretty much every candidate that would make a good No. 2 center — Ottawa’s Daniel Alfredsson is the leading candidate, if he agrees to a bonus-loaded contract

Alfie hasn't signed because he wants to be a WING!!!!! :p

I would only take him if he came cheap, of course it doesn't matter since I doubt Holland will use any of the 6-10 million in cap space we have this year.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I told you all to not touch my Brunner. :(

Today is going to be worse than last year isn't it? (and that is saying something seeing as how we signed Sammy to that stupid deal).

You will overpay for Cleary and you will like it!!!! (or overpay for Flip too I guess with his 5 million dollar, 8 year asking price)

Can't wait to hear the classic, "Guys were too expensive...we like our team...we've got some young guys coming up (who I'll do my best to hold down in GR as long as possible so my boys Cleary and Sammy can play)."

Every year like clockwork.

My prediction:

Brunner leaves.
Cleary is re-signed for 3 years.
I am infuriated.
Fin.

As for Alfie, I don't get the excitement.

Cake Boss

Banned
It has to be illegal to play your drums at 7 in the morning right?

The whole street can hear this douchebag, whats the law here in Canada. Cant find it.

Can't wait to hear the classic, "Guys were too expensive...we like our team...we've got some young guys coming up (who I'll do my best to hold down in GR as long as possible so my boys Cleary and Sammy can play)."

Every year like clockwork.

My prediction:

Brunner leaves.
Cleary is re-signed for 3 years.
I am infuriated.
Fin.

As for Alfie, I don't get the excitement.

He's Old!!!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I think it's a real shame how Pronger's career is ending. I know a lot of people don't like him, but he was a great player wish he could have gone out on a high note.

Pronger is one of the main reasons the Flyers even made the Stanley Cup finals in 2010.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Eklund has started the madness, I see.

He says Roy is probably returning to Buffalo. I don't see any way that happens.

Cake Boss

Banned
I think GMs magically created this mythical creature they call David Clarkson out of thin air, the guy has a career high of 46 points, they say he is a guy you need in the playoffs, he has 5 goals and 14 points in 44 games, they say he is a great 2 way player, in a defensive squad like New Jersey he is -33 combined in the past 3 seasons. In 400 games he hasnt even reached 100 goals yet.

MacAttack

I would like to see the Bruins go after Stephen Weise, Ryan Clowe and either Jagr, Alfredsson or Iginla.

Weise- They showed interest in him before he got injured last year and the Bruins like to have depth at center.

Clowe- His style will fit in well with the Bruins inability to put the puck in the net.

Jagr, Alfie, Iginla- It would be good to get one of these guys on the cheap. I don't hold any grudge against Iginla, all these guys want is an opportunity to play and a shot at the Cup.

They will probably just re-sign Rask and Bergeron for now.

I think GMs magically created this mythical creature they call David Clarkson out of thin air, the guy has a career high of 46 points, they say he is a guy you need in the playoffs, he has 5 goals and 14 points in 44 games, they say he is a great 2 way player, in a defensive squad like New Jersey he is -33 combined in the past 3 seasons. In 400 games he hasnt even reached 100 goals yet.

Pretty much. I can't think of any fans that want him.... Can't we just MAKE him go back to NJ? They like their overrated players that no one else understands the praise they get.

I hope homer gives Alfie a call. Flyers could use some veteran leadership.

Can't afford him.

Top Bottom