• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

dem

I remember thinking last year... "Zach Parise and Ryan Suter.. this is Free Agent Frenzy? Cmon..."

And today the hot topic is "Where will David Clarkson land?"

The smartest thing any decent player can do is wait until July..

Merguson

Banned
Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Leafs would love to add Scuderi to their blueline. All around solid d-man. Sounds like Leafs are Scuderi's top ufa choice. #TSN

I thought the Leafs retained salary for the Kings to sign Scuderi? Lol.

gaming_noob

I thought the Leafs retained salary for the Kings to sign Scuderi? Lol.

Makes way more sense than outbidding other teams for freaking Weiss and Clarkson.

Andrew Walker ‏@fan960walker 1m
Hearing the #Leafs and D Cody Franson, the former Vancouver Giant, have stopped negotiating on new deal, and a trade looks to be coming

Rights to Franson + Gardiner for Couturier

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Hearing the #Leafs and D Cody Franson, the former Vancouver Giant, have stopped negotiating on new deal, and a trade looks to be coming

FFFFFUUUUUUCCCCCCVCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Merguson

Banned

FFFFFUUUUUUCCCCCCVCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I had a feeling about this.. I'm okay with it depending on the trade.. Franson might have been looking to cash in big on one good year where he had zero defensive responsibilities..

Cake Boss

Banned
The Senators offered Andre Benoit a two-way deal. He will be going to unrestricted free agency at noon today.

lol these cheap fucks, give the man a 1 way deal you turds. He has proven hes an NHL player.

Cake Boss

Banned
large

Cake Boss

Banned
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

IF ANYONE NEEDS ME I WILL BE FUCKING DEAD UNDER A BRIDGE FIIIIICLLL

FUCK LIFE WHATS THE POINT

DopeyFish

Aren't front-loaded contracts like Weber's pretty much outlawed in the new CBA? If so, I don't see how anybody's going to be able to poach Pietrangelo, Bogosian or Hamonic. Any contract those guys get will be matched for sure.

1 year deals

The only player to get an offer that high would likely only be pietrangelo... Maybe kadri but leafs have $25 mil in cap

Samyy

How is Franson worth $3.5M when Subban got less than $3 and won the Norris?

Well I don't know why your mentioning the Norris but yea his contract was way undervalue for what hes worth.

He was better then 3mil even before winning the Norris imo.

yyzjohn

Banned
Montreal worked magic there... We were assuming subban was getting $6 mil

He definitely will next time... Likely 7+

That's not the point, Subban was held at bay due to his RFA status and Franson should be as well. He has 1 good year, let's see him do it over 82 or 164 games before he cashes in.

DopeyFish

That's not the point, Subban was held at bay due to his RFA status and Franson should be as well. He has 1 good year, let's see him do it over 82 or 164 games before he cashes in.

That's the reason why he signed the one year deal before FYI

To "prove" his worth and over the season and playoffs, he definitely did.

You can't keep going back to a player and tell him to prove his worth without getting a pay raise when he exceeds expectations

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 1m

Sources say Daniel Alfredsson has informed the Senators he will not be returning to Ottawa. He will sign with BOS or DET #Sens #ottnews

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 27s

Red Wings likely destination for Alfredsson, but clearly because of legalities no deal has been agreed to. On the wing with Zetterberg?

Cake, if you aren't dead, I would rather have Alfie stick with Ottawa or go to Boston, makes really no sense for us. But there is still hope, like I have hope for Brunner returning!
We're both screwed

Silexx

Sorry guys, but I'm going to be stuck in denial mode for a bit longer. I have to believe the media is getting played here.

yyzjohn

Banned
That's the reason why he signed the one year deal before FYI

To "prove" his worth and over the season and playoffs, he definitely did.

You can't keep going back to a player and tell him to prove his worth without getting a pay raise when he exceeds expectations

He made $1.2M last year, a 100% raise isn't paying him?

Cake Boss

Banned
REALLY? OF ALL THE TEAMS TO PICK YOU PICK FUCKING DETROIT? YOU DUMB FUCK. GO FROM TAKING FEEDS FROM KARLSSON TO TAKING GUN FIRE.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

FUCK THIS. FUCK EUGENE. FUCK MURRAY. FUCK CANADIAN TIRE. FUCK EVERYONE. FUCK LIFE.

FOLD THE TEAM

jbug617

Banned
@DarrenDreger

Alfredsson informed the Sens late last night to give Ottawa ample time to put together a plan for Clarkson ,etc. #TSN

I wonder why Detroit?

DopeyFish

So where the hell is iginla going?

Pens, Canucks, Detroit, blackhawks, bruins will be cap limited and the report before also said NYR

Please stay the hell away from New York, iginla... Come to TO and be another star winger in a sea of dead centermen!

dem

Why leave Ottawa? Very few players have the chance to stay with one team their entire career.

Dumb move.

Does he really think he will win a cup in Detroit these days? Cmon..

Top Bottom