• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

I have never seen an entire forum (hfboards Ottawa) want us to fail so badly on a player we don't even have at the moment. Pretty much non-stop hope we finish last, Sens win the cup, etc... posts going on over there. Pretty good entertainment to say the least.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
He made $1.2M last year, a 100% raise isn't paying him?

He's worth more than $1.2 and he's worth more than $2.4

Just because his salary is being suppressed doesn't mean he isn't worth that amount.

I always expected he would be going north of $3 mil.

calder

IN a remote airfield, a private jet with a Little Caesars logo is surrounded by police tape, a man in a 'CSI: Ottawa' windbreaker is dusting handles for prints, hoping for a match against the ALFREDSSON reference card his partner holds.

yyzjohn

Banned
He's worth more than $1.2 and he's worth more than $2.4

Just because his salary is being suppressed doesn't mean he isn't work that amount.

I always expected he would be going north of $3 mil.

That's a mistake at this point. He hasn't proven anything over a 48 game season. Good luck to a team that gives him a long term deal.

Oh fuck that sucks....
Would this mean a new owner if his businesses go into the toiler?

Depends how bad it is. No one really knows. If he is forced to sell the team then yes we'd have to have a new owner.

All sorts of rumours out there

Alfie kept the puck in his last home game here, maybe he planned this all along too. None of the local reporters here in Ottawa have any insight as to why.

jbug617

Banned
Here is McKenzie's expectation of Alfredsson to Detroit.

Expectation is Alfredsson will go to DET. Since he's 35+ player, base salary likely in $3.5M range with bonuses taking it up to $5M total.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So where the hell is iginla going?

Pens, Canucks, Detroit, blackhawks, bruins will be cap limited and the report before also said NYR

Please stay the hell away from New York, iginla... Come to TO and be another star winger in a sea of dead centermen!
Don't worry. NYR aren't signing much of anyone out of free agency. No one who has a cap hit of more than $1m or so anyway.

yyzjohn

Banned
Melnyk, if you thought you were fucked before, cant imagine how many season ticket holders have cancelled in the past 30minutes.

Man that sucks for Sens fans. I see the uproar from 50% of Leafs fans over Grabovski and he's only been here for 5 years...losing your captain who has spent his entire career as a Sen and the face of the franchise? That just sucks.

Merguson

Banned
Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Revisiting Scuderi tweet from earlier. Now hearing he's likely going back to Pittsburgh. 3-4 years has been discussed. Around $3 mil per.

Oh.. I see.. so the Leafs are back to nothing.

ZeroGravity

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 1m
#NHL teams who don't have gr8 track record for attract' UFAs contemp'claiming Grabovski 2 secure a centre. He has 4 yrs left at 5.5 per
Sounds like something Florida would do.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2m
Revisiting Scuderi tweet from earlier. Now hearing he's likely going back to Pittsburgh. 3-4 years has been discussed. Around $3 mil per.

Goodbye Niskanen and possibly even Orpik.

I'm okay with this.

DopeyFish

Sure if it helps my cell phone bill, but in terms of them supplying the Leafs with the cash to succeed, no problem there. It's just up to management to put together the right team.

Leafs generate like $80 mil in profit a season

It could be owned by Ballard and he'd have no trouble icing a quality team

If we get Alfie for that much, we still need a 2nd line C. Come on Holland, go after Grabo and then I will be a happy man. We can't lose Flip and Brunner and only gain Alfie considering he is on the decline.

If we get Alfie for that much, we still need a 2nd line C. Come on Holland, go after Grabo and then I will be a happy man. We can't lose Flip and Brunner and only gain Alfie.
ESPN radio was say Weiss was close to signing with Detroit.

I actually wouldn't mind getting Grabo off of waivers. He'd walk in as 1C and with contracts coming off the books in 2 yrs (Upshall, Jovo) cap, term, or price would not be an issue.

joedick

Wow....pretty shocked about Alfie. I thoght maybe the Sens lowballed him, and he wanted a bit more after playing for $1M last season, but if it's $3.5 plus bonuses, I can't imagine the Sens wouldn't match.

It would be easier to take if he was going to a cup contender, but I don't think the Red Wings have a much better shot than Ottawa.

ESPN radio was say Weiss was close to signing with Detroit.

I actually wouldn't mind getting Grabo off of waivers. He'd walk in as 1C and with contracts coming off the books in 2 yrs (Upshall, Jovo) cap, term, or price would not be an issue.

So Weiss and Alfie.... Hmmm.... We still have way to many forwards though, need to get rid of some.

I would probably be reacting the same way if Lidstrom would have done this for his final years.

Wow....pretty shocked about Alfie. I thoght maybe the Sens lowballed him, and he wanted a bit more after playing for $1M last season, but if it's $3.5 plus bonuses, I can't imagine the Sens wouldn't match.

It would be easier to take if he was going to a cup contender, but I don't think the Red Wings have a much better shot than Ottawa.

It probably has something to do with our ability/willingness to spend to the cap anytime soon. It's not about money, they had a blank check for him.

Cake Boss

Banned
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 49s

Told details still need to be completed after 12 but Alfie expected to sign 1 yr deal with #Redwings. Also expected to come in less than 6m

THANK YOU MELNYK YOU BROKE ASS BITCH.

SELL THE FUCKING TEAM!!

So where the hell is iginla going?

Pens, Canucks, Detroit, blackhawks, bruins will be cap limited and the report before also said NYR

Please stay the hell away from New York, iginla... Come to TO and be another star winger in a sea of dead centermen!

The only way Iginla is coming to NY is if
A) The Rangers can trade some dead weight (Pyatt, Boyle) and/or somebody claim one or both of Powe/Asham on waivers.

And

B) If he takes a sweetheart contract

In other words, not likely

Socreges

Banned
Glad I went back and read the last couple pages. Seeing Cake Boss break down and KernelPanic gently reassure him was pretty classic.

Eklund reporting Wings are out on Iginla, Jagr and will "stay quiet" in free agency, AKA "Holland gonna Holland."
Why. WHY do you like Eklund? Explain yourself once more, Plinko.

Socreges

Banned
The only way Iginla is coming to NY is if
A) The Rangers can trade some dead weight (Pyatt, Boyle) and/or somebody claim one or both of Powe/Asham on waivers.

And

B) If he takes a sweetheart contract

In other words, not likely
He's not coming to the Canucks either. NO ONE is signing here unless they're going to be a 4th liner. There's just no cap space left.

DopeyFish

Nonis is going to panic and sign someone to a ridiculous contract
I can feel it
Its probably Bozak

:(

nonis is probably playing game theory

calls up iginla "hey we really want to sign you and ribeiro said he'd come if you're going"

calls up ribeiro "hey we really want to sign you and iginla said he'd come if you're going"

calls up dreger "hey put out a tweet saying we're going to trade scuderi and sign franson"

calls up franson "we'll sign you for less unless you want to play in phoenix - see the news? we're serious"

calls up dreger " thanks cous! take back your tweet"

Top Bottom