• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Heretic

Kings/Sharks Game 2 tonight. Hoping for another win, and more rage every time Cartman shows up.

Clydefrog, my magnificent Kings-brethren, are you ready for more Sharks/Ducks-age salt on the ice?
Wrong thread, butthole.

Edit: Dammit, Entropia. I'm glad your OG team fucking blows.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I was looking forward to watching Canada and their four Flyers play on the weekend. I'll have to make do with watching Gustafsson.

Call Heeter,bro!

(though he'd never play)

Of course if the Flyers weren't stupid and would have resigned Matt Carle...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think many people go in thinking this, though. Canada has always struggled to adapt to the big ice and gets 'upset' more often than not.

This makes me very very worried for Sochi...

The same problem existed in Nagano and Turin. We just can't play on the big ice.

I remember seeing Pronger have trouble handling the puck and taking passes in particular. He's a BEAST on NA ice, but he just can't hack it on international surface.

I also hate the shootout. I FUCKING FUCKING HATE the shootout...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Don't a lot of players go to the Worlds just to party?
nwxF9N9.gif

This is amazing because:

- Nolan is awesome
- Solo loves to hate on Nolan and now we get to watch him squirm for years

Holy shit this is the best news ever. I hated the 1st Craig Bond film, so I never watched the others but I will watch anything Nolan directs. He is my favorite director of all time by far. I think he is a fantastic choice for Bond. Hopefully this means a much darker direction for the movies.

Red_Man

This is amazing because:

- Nolan is awesome
- Solo loves to hate on Nolan and now we get to watch him squirm for years
This. So much this. Anything that makes the ridiculous section of "Movie-Gaf" uncomfortable pleases me to no end.

Red_Man

Edler was suspended for the rest of the WHC for his knee on knee hit. I still don't think he did it with malicious intent in mind, but it's a fair punishment.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Edler was suspended for the rest of the WHC for his knee on knee hit. I still don't think he did it with malicious intent in mind, but it's a fair punishment.

Well, IIHF rules mandate at least 1 game suspension for every 5min misconduct, so he would've been out for the semi finals anyway. Definitely think it's fair for him to get (if Sweden wins their semi) one extra game on top of that.

Socreges

Banned
I don't think it's fair for him to get the extra game. Doesn't really make sense if you actually look at the video closely. But I can't bring myself to care much either. Go Finland!

Socreges

Banned
Nintendo announced exclusivity of Sonic.

Killed everything for like 30 minutes.
I don't even understand the process necessary for an announcement like that to draw so much traffic. Do people find out on other websites or twitter and then immediately head to GAF, which in turn overloads the server?

Anyway, I've never played much Sonic. The franchise has never really interested me. But 10-year-old Socreges would kill for this information right now. I would make certain kids cry uncontrollably.

Parch

Ovechkin is playing with a broken foot.
Sedins couldn't get there fast enough.

Some players consider the Worlds to be extremely important and will do anything to play in that tournament. *hint hint*

2 words: Lindy Ruff

I bet Lindy wishes he'd have put Enroth in net more than twice a year in Buffalo so he'd be able to tell his team about him.

"Coach Lindy, tell us all about this goalie's weakness!"
"Why would I know that?"
"It's Jhonas Enroth."
"Doesn't ring a bell..."

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Memorial Cup should be good this year. Mackinnon, Drouin, Jones, Domi, Horvat, Zadorov are all playing.

Plus Thrower and Dietz for Montreal.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Sweden beat Finland in their semi-final, surprising. Henrik&Daniel pulling some Sedinery on the PP with Eriksson it seems. Daniel with 2 PP-assists in the 3-0 win, Henrik also with 2 PP-assists and an empty netter.

Switzerland-USA semi starts in 45 minutes! I don't know how I woke up so early without an alarm and will even make it home in time for the game, but I'm pretty excited.

Plus, we've beaten Sweden before... But first, US. Gonna be difficult.

Heretic

Sweden beat Finland in their semi-final, surprising. Henrik&Daniel pulling some Sedinery on the PP with Eriksson it seems. Daniel with 2 PP-assists in the 3-0 win, Henrik also with 2 PP-assists and an empty netter.

Switzerland-USA semi starts in 45 minutes! I don't know how I woke up so early without an alarm and will even make it home in time for the game, but I'm pretty excited.

JUST BRING IT!

Rad-

? Finland has absolutely horrible team this year. Probably the worst I remember seeing. I'm surprised they somehow got into top 4. Sweden has a pretty bad team too but at least they have Sedins.

Top Bottom