• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You mean Berra?

Berra is starting? Okay, then him.

To give proper context to this game from the Swiss' perspective:

If we win this game/a medal, it'll go down as probably one of the top2 achievements for our National Hockey team in the past 50 years (at least), right next to beating Canada 2-0 at the 2006 Winter Olympics (because there the :lol World Championships who cares excuse doesn't count, and we were CRAZY underdogs. And shut out Canada. Definitely our biggest one-game achievement in hockey history)

Showered, now I'm on.

Shots 17-5 for Switzerland after 15mins? NOT BAD.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Berra is starting? Okay, then him.

To give proper context to this game from the Swiss' perspective:

If we win this game/a medal, it'll go down as probably one of the top2 achievements for our National Hockey team in the past 50 years (at least), right next to beating Canada 2-0 at the 2006 Winter Olympics (because there the :lol World Championships who cares excuse doesn't count, and we were CRAZY underdogs. And shut out Canada. Definitely our biggest one-game achievement in hockey history)

Showered, now I'm on.

Shots 17-5 for Switzerland after 15mins? NOT BAD.

You're lucky all those Canadians moved there and fixed your hockey program.

CA-NA-DA CA-NA-DA

Socreges

Banned
Even though I want Switzerland to lose so Smiley would finally shut up and feel bad, I also want Switzerland to win for the rest of the country.

Smiley90

Even though I want Switzerland to lose so Smiley would finally shut up and feel bad, I also want Switzerland to win for the rest of the country.

The World Championships are all I have left to cheer for...

Also, like I said before, this is probably our biggest hockey achievement in the past 50/60 years, next to beating Canada 2-0 at the 2006 Olympics. This means quite a bit to us :lol.

Smiley90

Dear USA:

SUCK IT.

Won the Semi-Final against the USA?
Shut them out, 3-0?
Also beat Sweden, Canada and the Czechs (2x), all teams MUCH more stacked in terms of talent?
9 wins, 0 losses in the tournament?
Guaranteed medal, for the first time since 1951/53?
Playing for the gold medal for the first time since 1935 (!!!!), the ONLY Silver medal we have, with 0 golds?

FUCK YEAH

zNFLn.gif

Smiley90

I welcome our new Swiss hockey overlords

Lol nope, Sweden is going to take it

We beat Sweden in the group stage already.
We're still undefeated.

Anything can happen.

(Even a Silver is already an amazing/historical result, for us.)

Socreges

Banned
Goodbye US. Damn we did it.

And we already beat Sweden. Let's do it again.

(I thought gaf didn't care about the IIHF WC, since there's no thread).
It's a pleasant distraction for people who've been eliminated from the playoffs, especially if their team's players are part of it. The IIHF WJC and Olympics get more love, though.

Why not make a thread? Historic accomplishment for Switzerland and all that. Should get some attention from enough people who have no idea there's discussion in here.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
(I thought gaf didn't care about the IIHF WC, since there's no thread).
It's another chance to see your teams players play if your team has been eliminated. Watching this is just getting my juices flowing for Sochi, Canada will be icing a beast team, not that they never do but this one should be pretty exciting.

Socreges

Banned
It's another chance to see your teams players play if your team has been eliminated. Watching this is just getting my juices flowing for Sochi, Canada will be icing a beast team, not that they never do but this one should be pretty exciting.
But it's also a reminder that Canada rarely adapts well in the big ice and all the talent in the world doesn't necessarily mean much.

Smiley90

How did my boy John Gibson do? Sounds like they hung him out to dry from my twitter updates...

Basically, yep. He had a lot of saves to make and the 2 goals he let in weren't his fault. He did really well, unlike the rest of his team.

Socreges

Banned
Seth Jones pushes too far forward, leaves MacKinnon alone in front of the net, MacKinnon tips it in to tie the game 3-3.

Turned it on 5 min ago and both he and Drouin have already scored.

Apparently Jones has a goal in the game, too.

Top Bottom