• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure what to think of the Pouliot signing. That's $3mil spent today, which probably means we're done.

Time to get McDonagh signed.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bozak's contract is acceptable only if Kadri takes the next step, but that's far from definite. 4.2m for a 2C isn't terrible, although I would take Grabo ten times out of ten if I had to choose. What bothers me about this deal is that Nonis is rewarding mediocrity.

Liles most likely has trade value. I wouldn't mind keeping him around one more season, though.

Clarkson will be loved for the first four years and hated for the last three. Term is way too long. Brutal.
4 years? Fans will want him traded after 2, literally the worst contract signed today, maybe tied with Clowes since he's had such bad concussion issues this last year.

Bozak deal isn't terrible, but like Cactus said above, Kadri has to take the next step or our first line center position will be cockblocked for the next 5 years. Don't know enough about Clarkson to say one way or another, hoping for the best. But man, if Franson is traded, I am going to be seriously pissed off. I think he was our best defenceman last year and still has potential to improve.

Cactus

Banned
4 years? Fans will want him traded after 2, literally the worst contract signed today, maybe tied with Clowes since he's had such bad concussion issues this last year.
I doubt it. He'll score a lot of goals playing with Lupul and Kadri. Plus, casual fans will love him because he plays like Dougie and Wendel. It's when his body wears down and injuries hit that this signing becomes terrible. I predict that he'll be an anchor by year 5.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Take for what it's worth: I heard that Bolland isn't very thrilled to be playing for the leafs

Source: his brother

Cake Boss

Banned
Good contracts of the Day:

Hydoken to Carolina for 800k
Weiss for 4.9
Bouchard 2
Scuderi 3.3
MacArthur 3.2

dumb shit ass contracts

Clowe for that much
Clarkson for 7 years
Horton for 7 years
Filpulla 5 for 5

Nichushkin

Come to me my sweet prince. Practicing at the Dallas Stars Summer Prospect Camp

4uVpKIl.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3kfMBuFo5M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M8QeEf51UQ

Red_Man

I doubt it. He'll score a lot of goals playing with Lupul and Kadri. Plus, casual fans will love him because he plays like Dougie and Wendel. It's when his body wears down and injuries hit that this signing becomes terrible. I predict that he'll be an anchor by year 5.
5 years is being really optimistic, as is saying he'll score a lot of goals when he hasn't even hit 100 yet....
Take for what it's worth: I heard that Bolland isn't very thrilled to be playing for the leafs

Source: his brother
Guy goes from best team in the league to the Leafs and isn't pleased about it. Shocker.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Did y'all see we got David Clarkson? Did anybody see that? You see the move Dave Nonis pulled off? Yes 7 years is a long ass time but 5.25 cap hit when everyone was talking bout him taking over 6 and possibly 7? Shit is real! I think we all expect the cap to gradually go up so a 5.25 cap hit ain't gonna be shit a few years down the road. We got a beast who will be ready to play every single day, a good ole' TORANA boy who will be extra pumped to come play for his home team. He is the perfect forward for Randy Carlyle's system and you will see him thrive on this team.

And a masterful job by Nonis getting Bozak under 5 million. A dude with great chemistry with Phil that can hold the fort until we finally attain a 1C or hopefully in a few years Kadri morphs into one. Again another guy who thrives in Carlyle's system who will do a lot better here then he would anywhere else. Plus this could be a major factor in getting KESSSELLLL resigned and possibly for a bit of a discount.

Fraser McLaren, why not? Not like we're breaking the bank for him, he knows his role here and will be a good soldier to pop in the lineup when needed.

TJ Brennan...I don't know who he is but fuck it he's awesome too.

So in closing, bring on the season!

VanillaHappyCat.jpg

Merguson

Banned
Grabovski isn't getting much interest because teams are displeased by his radio comments and want nothing to do with him.

source: grabmyballskies

Samyy

Bolland is probably just disappointed to be leaving Chicago, a team that will be good for a long time and will probably contend again next year.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Good contracts of the Day:

Hydoken to Carolina for 800k
Weiss for 4.9
Bouchard 2
Scuderi 3.3
MacArthur 3.2

dumb shit ass contracts

Clowe for that much
Clarkson for 7 years
Horton for 7 years
Filpulla 5 for 5

Komisarek was a good zero risk signing too.

MacAttack

A full season of Iginla and the Bruins didn't have to give up Bartkowski? Im okay with that. Guess they missed out on Jason Dickinson? with the 30th pick they lost for Jagr.

Anyway:

Lucic-Krejci-Iginla
Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson
Kelly-Soderberg-Smith/Caron/Jagr?
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Chara-Hamilton
Seidenberg-Boychuk
McQuaid-Krug
Bartkowski

Rask
Svedberg

Quick

Banned
Did y'all see we got David Clarkson? Did anybody see that? You see the move Dave Nonis pulled off? Yes 7 years is a long ass time but 5.25 cap hit when everyone was talking bout him taking over 6 and possibly 7? Shit is real! I think we all expect the cap to gradually go up so a 5.25 cap hit ain't gonna be shit a few years down the road. We got a beast who will be ready to play every single day, a good ole' TORANA boy who will be extra pumped to come play for his home team. He is the perfect forward for Randy Carlyle's system and you will see him thrive on this team.

And a masterful job by Nonis getting Bozak under 5 million. A dude with great chemistry with Phil that can hold the fort until we finally attain a 1C or hopefully in a few years Kadri morphs into one. Again another guy who thrives in Carlyle's system who will do a lot better here then he would anywhere else. Plus this could be a major factor in getting KESSSELLLL resigned and possibly for a bit of a discount.

Fraser McLaren, why not? Not like we're breaking the bank for him, he knows his role here and will be a good soldier to pop in the lineup when needed.

TJ Brennan...I don't know who he is but fuck it he's awesome too.

So in closing, bring on the season!

VanillaHappyCat.jpg

i2io0c25MRypD.jpg

Red_Man

I don't think Bergevin is done with trades but as of right now Habs opening roster should look like this:

Pacioretty - DD - Gallagher
Bourque - Plekanec - Briere
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Prust - White - Moen / Parros

Markov - Subban
Gorges - Diaz
Bouillion - Tinordi

Drewiskie

Nothing drastic, but they scored a lot of goals last year, and I'm fine with rolling 3 second lines essentially. If DD gets back to his game that's a great line up, I assume one or more of Plekanec, Markov and Gionta will be traded before the season starts or at the trade deadline.

I'm hoping Beaulieu can work his way up to the big club this year, along with a guy like Bournival in a 3rd line role once Pleks / Gio gets the boot.

What the

Someone made a Dwight Howard reportedly going to the Houston Rockets thread in the OT....

Kave, go make a David Clarkson thread

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
No but I know everyone in Toronto thinks they're an insider. "Buddies ex girlfriend's second cousin twice removed knows Lupul and I heard he's a fuckin prick in the dressing room.." Kind of stuff.

Yeah but it was from a conversation i had with his brother... BIG difference

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Bergevin is done with trades but as of right now Habs opening roster should look like this:

Pacioretty - DD - Gallagher
Bourque - Plekanec - Briere
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Prust - White - Moen / Parros

Markov - Subban
Gorges - Diaz
Bouillion - Tinordi

Drewiskie

Nothing drastic, but they scored a lot of goals last year, and I'm fine with rolling 3 second lines essentially. If DD gets back to his game that's a great line up, I assume one or more of Plekanec, Markov and Gionta will be traded before the season starts or at the trade deadline.

I'm hoping Beaulieu can work his way up to the big club this year, along with a guy like Bournival in a 3rd line role once Pleks / Gio gets the boot.

That's a lot of pressure to put on Gallagher.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
What the

Someone made a Dwight Howard reportedly going to the Houston Rockets thread in the OT....

Kave, go make a David Clarkson thread

Nobody cares but us!

The first thread I will ever make will be when the Leafs win the Stanley Cup.

Look assholes, if you're going to make a joke about that last sentence please come correct, no weak ass shit please.

Top Bottom