• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Alucard

Banned
787716600.jpg

34 years old. 4 years. $3.375 million a season. I'll take it.

In other news, the Pens re-signed Craig "fucking" Adams. 2 years. 700,000 per year.

Matt Cooke has gone to the Minnesota Wild.

Jarome Iginla is a Boston Bruin.

Shero solidifying the team. I like it.

yyzjohn

Banned
787716600.jpg

In other news, the Pens re-signed Craig "fucking" Adams. 2 years. 700,000 per year.

Not gonna lie would have been nice to have Scuderi sign with the Leafs. We got the old "they were my 2nd choice" treatment. :-/

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Yeah so he's not thrilled cause too many people will beg for tickets. Big difference from not wanting to play for the Leafs.

I would also like to add "not thrilled" was not the term used to describe his feelings...

Pissed... Is far more accurate

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
It's not really the first line, that line will get the easiest competition so it shouldn't be too hard for him.

Yeah, but then double shifting him on the third is going to be tough on him.

Just having some fun

Hopefully Eller replaces DD by the end of the first month, not because I hate DD, but then that will mean Eller is still playing well, and Therrien finally removed his head from his ass.

Osorio

"I know what the perception might be. I'm not worried about that. I know when you're putting a team together how important the pieces are. Certain players' value is more important to the team than it might appear or than statistics. I have no problem with the criticism because I understand it. But I have no problem with the player."

He said Clowe could play on the top two lines.

"With Clowe we were able to satisfy the size and strength need. He's a player who can play with the top six forwards," Lamoriello said. "He's skilled. He had an off-year last year, in my mind, with the short season. He played well when he got to the Rangers and then he got hurt. We've seen enough of him. We're happy."

Guy's lost it.

Curufinwe

787716600.jpg

Keep your heads up and your armored socks on when you play Minesota.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yeah, but then double shifting him on the third is going to be tough on him.

Just having some fun

Hopefully Eller replaces DD by the end of the first month, not because I hate DD, but then that will mean Eller is still playing well, and Therrien finally removed his head from his ass.
I hope to see something like this by the end of the season :

Patcioretty - Eller - Gallagher
Bourque - Galchenyuk - Briere
Prust - Bournival - UFA
Moen / UFA- White - Parros/ UFA

Gorges - Subban
Emelin - Diaz
Tinordi - Beaulieu

With Eller & Gally eventually switching along with the Emelin and Tinordi pairings switching. Vail, Hudon, Collberg, etc will be knocking on the Habs door soon too. Thats a filthy core with no expensive signs or trades included.

Sorry dude but...

#Cup4Koivu
I can get behind this, fuck Alfie.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 36m
@BrentLaRowe Haven't heard. They're trying to sign Cleary. If that doesn't happen then maybe Morrow is an option.

Holland, what are you doing, that would give us 17 forwards, Holland stop, just please. When we said we wanted you to actually do some action, this was not what we had in mind, you have gone power hungry.

Samyy

Leafs Roster

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson
Kulemin-Bolland-????
Plug-McClement-Plug

Phaneuf-????*
Gardiner-????
Gunarrsson-????
-Franson (?), Fraser (?), Liles (?)

*Could be one of Gunnarsson or Gardiner, I don't know.
I hope Franson signs otherwise were going to find someone from somewhere and I don't know what they're doing with Liles. Perhaps some kids will get a shot.
Oh lordy that Bernier contract hahaha fuck me HIS CAP HIT IS 1.1MIL MORE THEN REIMERS FOR FUCKS SAKE!

So in essence Nonis fails to address our situation at defence or at center and signs an overpriced 3rd line center and 3rd line winger! Yay free agency!

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently Z sold Alfie on Detroit, and Alfie says this will be his last season.

Time for the a rally cry of win it for Alfie!!!
How fucking hilarious would it be if the Wings/Sens end up in the playoffs against each other and the Sens advance to the Cup finals and win it all?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
With the Iginla signing, it's already confirmed that we'll be eliminated by the Pens in next year's ECF. Fucking hell.

Alucard

Banned
With the Iginla signing, it's already confirmed that we'll be eliminated by the Pens in next year's ECF. Fucking hell.

Glad that we agree on the future! Pens are gonna make that run next season!

Btw, what's Jagr doing? Did he sign for more than one season with the Bruins?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry dude but...

#Cup4Koivu

Yes, this.

I hope to see something like this by the end of the season :

Patcioretty - Eller - Gallagher
Bourque - Galchenyuk - Briere
Prust - Bournival - UFA
Moen / UFA- White - Parros/ UFA

Gorges - Subban
Emelin - Diaz
Tinordi - Beaulieu

With Eller & Gally eventually switching along with the Emelin and Tinordi pairings switching. Vail, Hudon, Collberg, etc will be knocking on the Habs door soon too. Thats a filthy core with no expensive signs or trades included.

I can get behind this, fuck Alfie.

Don't forget Dumont for the fourth line, played really well in his callup, and was great on faceoffs. I'm not sure Bournival will be ready by then.

Samyy

So in essence if Reimer wins the starting spot he gets at least 3-4mil and were stuck with Bernier at 2.8 mil hahaha

Dat cap management, dat Nonis,

Silexx

How fucking hilarious would it be if the Wings/Sens end up in the playoffs against each other and the Sens advance to the Cup finals and win it all?

No, what's going to happen is that Sens will be in a comfortable playoff position, but Detroit will be sellers at the deadline and will send Alfie back to Ottawa for a 7th round pick. No one will convince me otherwise...

LET ME HAVE THIS!!!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Btw, what's Jagr doing? Did he sign for more than one season with the Bruins?
At first, Chiarelli said he wouldn't be coming back, but there's talk that they're reconsidering it after Horton decided to move on. No real word on what Jagr thinks/wants.

yyzjohn

Banned
Term is good (he'll still be restricted going into his next contract), but the dollar figure is way too high.

He made $1.5 last year so the raise seems reasonable. If he supplants Reimer then we'll end up trading Reims to a team that needs a goalie
Vancouver

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
"There’s one other thing to like about Weber: in the 2011 playoffs, he scored on Tim Thomas twice. You’ll recall that was difficult to do."

I like him even more already. He'll most likely get a decent amount of PP time, what with our lack of right-handed D-men.

Alucard

Banned
At first, Chiarelli said he wouldn't be coming back, but there's talk that they're reconsidering it after Horton decided to move on. No real word on what Jagr thinks/wants.

Jagr to Pens for 1 million in the ultimate "good will and sportsmanship" move.

Samyy

He made $1.5 last year so the raise seems reasonable. If he supplants Reimer then we'll end up trading Reims to a team that needs a goalie
Vancouver

If your considering one scenario you have to consider the other, Bernier sucks and Reimer remains the start and we get saddled with giving James a significant raise, at least bigger then
what Bernier got.

And I doubt he gets a decent return if he can't win the starting spot in two cities. Maybe Philly will overpay.

yyzjohn

Banned
So in essence if Reimer wins the starting spot he gets at least 3-4mil and were stuck with Bernier at 2.8 mil hahaha

Teams with a proven #1 pay that guy over $6M. Given that the Leafs don't have one yet you can add up their salaries. Whoever comes out on top gets the cash the other is traded.

Merguson

Banned

It's a two-year deal. Getting "stuck" doesn't really apply here unless we're talking Tim Connolly $4.75 million cap hit here.

Tabris

I'm very disappointed.

DSedin HSedin ABurrows
Higgins Kesler Booth
Hansen Schroeder/Gaunce? Kassian
Weise? ????? Richardson/Sesisto

Edler Garrison
Bieksa Hamhuis
Corrado Tanev?
Weber

Luongo
Lack

0 improvements, lost an agitator, a speedster, and a top 5 goaltender

Alucard

Banned
If your considering one scenario you have to consider the other, Bernier sucks and Reimer remains the start and we get saddled with giving James a significant raise, at least bigger then what Bernier got.

Your = possessive (Ex. "Your English teacher did a poor job in elementary school.")
You're = you are (Ex. "I hope you're not writing professional emails with these errors.")

Then = time adverb (Ex. "I made a mistake. Then I corrected it.")
Than = comparative (Ex. "I'm a bigger smartass than you are.")

(Sorry.)

Cake Boss

Banned
Is is just me or did Boston actually decline?

Eriksson replaces Horton on wing
Iginla replaces Jagr

No replacment for Seguin, or Peverly or Ference.

And no backup goalie.

Top Bottom