• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Giggzy

Like Heretic and Dastardly have mentioned already, Ryan is extremely inconsistent. He'll get you 30 goals a season every year, but it's extremely streaky. When he's not scoring he's invisible on the ice. It's really frustrating, but maybe a change of scenery is what's needed for him to get focused and become what he can become.

Well I can't see ever see it getting that bad, if it didn't happen last year it probably won't ever happen.

I gotta find SOMETHING to smile about in all this, apart from the fact that Silver and the other prospect seem very very decent.

Could be great for our future, where in a cap era you need young talent that doesn't cost much to carry your team in dark times.

Like Heretic and Dastardly have mentioned already, Ryan is extremely inconsistent. He'll get you 30 goals a season every year, but it's extremely streaky. When he's not scoring he's invisible on the ice. It's really frustrating, but maybe a change of scenery is what's needed for him to get focused and become what he can become.

I have absolutely no doubt that he'll put up 40 or so now that he doesn't have this hanging over his head.

Sens have some good times ahead of them, whereas the Ducks have to wait a little longer to have the same level of glory from our return.

Who knows, this COULD be another Pronger to Philly.

What's the gif about

WALL-E.jpg

What's a "Pronger to Philly"? Seems to me both teams didn't get that much out of that trade...

The Flyers draft pick in that trade became Emerson Etem. Luca Sbisa is an anchor, and Lupul (*cough* and Gardiner) became Beauchemin, who was hands down our best D last season.

Granted Beauchemin shouldn't have even gone in the first place, but still.

Unfortunately, I think he'll come good in Ottawa.

I wonder what Teemu is thinking about the team now. Think he's coming back for another year?

Teemu knew this was coming, as did many of the other Ducks. You can bet dollars to donuts on that. I hope Teemu comes back, but I hope he takes a discount as it's obvious his production is now declining.

Somehow I didn't get banned from GAF overnight, even though I went through Gaming side putting this pic in the bottom of every Xbox related post I made.

Almost asking for trouble really.

1NTQm03.png

Good thing I didn't get banned, I needed to vent to like-minded hockey people about this situation.

What? We still need one more old guy to fill our quota.

I guess you also need to fill your quota of "Making other teams fanbases hate you for stealing their franchise players in their twilight years". The still-beating hearts must be rare and difficult for the Wings to harvest.

Modano, Alfie... Who next? 41 year old Crosby?

Dan Cleary.

Dang it, NO!

I forgot about him, Jagr incoming!

I guess you also need to fill your quota of "Making other teams fanbases hate you for stealing their franchise players in their twilight years". The still-beating hearts must be rare and difficult for the Wings to harvest.

Modano, Alfie... Who next? 41 year old Crosby?

Yup, maybe 45 year old Ovechkin too while we are at it.

I really shouldn't make jokes about the Red Wings signing other franchises beloved players in their twilights after we resigned Saku Koivu for a discount today.

Dallas Stars

This is how I see the lineup.

Jamie Benn - Tyler Seguin - Valeri Nichushkin
Ray Whitney - Rich Peverley - Alex Chiasson
Cody Eakin - Shawn Horcoff - Erik Cole
Antoine Roussel - Vernon Fiddler - Ryan Garbutt

Sergei Gonchar / Alex Goligoski
Stephane Robidas / Brenden Dillon
Aaron Rome / Trevor Daley

Kari Lehtonen
Dan Ellis

Aaron Rome swapped out with Jamie Oleksiak and/or Kevin Connauton

Waaaay better team then what we had. Pretty solid top 3 lines. Top line is retarded young amazing fast awesome. 4th line scraps and can win faceoffs with Fiddler. Defense is a little iffy with that 3rd pairing.

It sucks seeing the Sabres do nothing

What are you talking about?! Sabres bolstered their D today!

Sabres signed defenseman Drew Bagnall late Friday night.

Bagnall, 29, played 47 games last season for Minnesota’s AHL affiliate in Houston, where he was the captain. He collected one goal, five assists and 88 penalty minutes in 47 games.

The St. Lawrence University graduate has played two NHL games in his career, for Minnesota in 2010.

41 year old Crosby is going to sign with Quebec

36 year old Stamkos is going to sign with Markham

40 year old Tavares is gonna sign with the Leafs

40 year old Ovie is going to sign with Moscow

35 year old Bryz is going to live on the moon with scary bears

Acid08

Banned
Dallas Stars

This is how I see the lineup.

Jamie Benn - Tyler Seguin - Valeri Nichushkin
Ray Whitney - Rich Peverley - Alex Chiasson
Cody Eakin - Shawn Horcoff - Erik Cole
Antoine Roussel - Vernon Fiddler - Ryan Garbutt

Sergei Gonchar / Alex Goligoski
Stephane Robidas / Brenden Dillon
Aaron Rome / Trevor Daley

Kari Lehtonen
Dan Ellis

Aaron Rome swapped out with Jamie Oleksiak and/or Kevin Connauton

Waaaay better team then what we had. Pretty solid top 3 lines. Top line is retarded young amazing fast awesome. 4th line scraps and can win faceoffs with Fiddler. Defense is a little iffy with that 3rd pairing.
Good looking lineup. Defense is iffy though. Interested to see what Ruff can do with them. He's pretty iffy himself.

Good looking lineup. Defense is iffy though. Interested to see what Ruff can do with them. He's pretty iffy himself.

Yeah defense first pairing is okay for me. Second pairing is a bit iffy with Robidas. Dillon is great though. Third pairing is making me facepalm.. hoping the kids will be decent.

I have faith in Ruff. Especially when it comes to discipline which this team never had since Gulutzan is the biggest pushover in the business (perfect for Torts)

The guy would finish post game press conferences where we lose by 6 and say "We played pretty okay.. just gotta seal those holes" WHAT?

Then we would lose by 1 and play pretty okay and he would be like "This was a bad game..!"

Never bag skatted those mofos.. NEVER.

They aren't in our division anymore, so fuck 'em indeed!

Thankfully we don't have to deal with them... Except they were good points for us this past season.

Also I made a thing

X30EG2U.gif

Socreges

Banned
Stars are looking dangerous!
I feel like I've been hating on the Stars lately, but I don't see it. First line could be great... if Seguin immediately plays like a 1C and Nichuskin adapts that quickly. I don't think both will happen. And the rest of the forward lines aren't great, but then again I have no fucking clue who Chiasson is. D is spotty with old man Gonchar taking on top lines.

Stars future looks really good, but I don't see them being dangerous this season.

Edit-
Damn 6G in 7GP for Chiasson. Early Hart favourite for 2014?

Heretic

Maybe I'm giving too much credit to their new additions. As is they always give my boys a hard time. Lehtonen always plays lights out against the Ducks and it looks like they got stronger up top.

Top Bottom