• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2013 |OT| Celebrate Good Times Come On

Merguson

Banned
Yup

Gunnarsson and franson will be PAID

Franson was pacing at like 55 points and Gunnar at like 40 as a defensive d-man

Fraser had a really high +/-

I do not think arbitration will go in our favor :-(

Assuming they even make it to arbitration.

I think they are pretty overrated.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
We'll have enough to pay the RFAs but not much else.
I hope the cap goes up significantly next year :lol

I think the 6 million outdoor games will help with that

Each game is like adding a full season of the coyotes

Everyone take guesses on fransons comparable! He was 8th in scoring for defensemen!

Socreges

Banned
Good news: Tanev doesn't have arbitration rights
Bad news: He's right in the wheelhouse for a reasonable offer sheet overpayment

Get him signed, Gillis

Samyy

We have 2.5 million coming off the cap as well in buyout and trade dollars. That alone signs Kessel without higher cap dollars.

Thats good, we need money then to keep Kulie (or move him) but hes an important piece on the third line, eats a lot of tough defensive minutes and upgrade D. I don't know if Phaneuf will want more money but im not inclined to really give him more then 6.5, I dont really know a comparable for him. At the same time though we have no one to replace him so he might have some leverage.

Really glad Lupul and JVR are tied up long term because after seeing what Clarkson got those two would have demanded a lot of cash.
OH CRAP McClement is due for money too next year, got a couple 1st place Selke votes and was a key player on the team, he'll probably ask for a bit more as well.
Bolland expires next year, replace him for cheap with Colborne might be the answer if he asks for a lot of money as well.

Fei

I was getting a little worried, but Sabres resigned my boy.

alexander-sulzer-52-nhl.jpg

lupin23rd

I've never ridden a Segway, if that makes you happy.

I've always wanted to :( I also wanna try skydiving one day. Not bungie-jumping though, fuck that.

Saw an old guy on a Segway going down Alberni yesterday. Come to think of it I don't think I've ever seen one not ridden by a old guy.

lupin23rd

Good news: Tanev doesn't have arbitration rights
Bad news: He's right in the wheelhouse for a reasonable offer sheet overpayment

Get him signed, Gillis

I think at least a few teams might have put themselves out of offer sheet range with some of the ridiculous contracts yesterday. Hopefully he gets done soon.

Apparently we signed Mike Santorelli?

Not that we have the space or need to do this but after reading yesterday that we had interest in Blum and Fistric, I think Gillis should just say fuck it and sign / trade for all former Vancouver Giants.

Blum, Fistric, Meszaros, Franson, Kane, Brule, Lucic, hell trade Luongo for Repik and bring in Sexsmith to back up Lack.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Brunner not gonna be back with wings...

Wasn't he really good?
Yeah, and I'm pissed he's not coming back too. He had 26 pts (12-14) in 44 games and 9 pts (5-4) in 14 playoff games. Dude can and will score you 30 goals a season. He started off on fire, then hit a rut for like 13 games during the season, but picked it up at the end and carried into the playoffs. He just needs a full season of NHL play to get used to the travel and grind. I say he's probably worth around 3-3.5 mil per year, but I'm sure he's looking for 4+ and like a 6 yr deal.

Yeah, and I'm pissed he's not coming back too. He had 26 pts (12-14) in 44 games and 9 pts (5-4) in 14 playoff games. Dude can and will score you 30 goals a season. He started off on fire, then hit a rut for like 13 games during the season, but picked it up at the end and carried into the playoffs. He just needs a full season of NHL play to get used to the travel and grind. I say he's probably worth around 3-3.5 mil per year, but I'm sure he's looking for 4+ and like a 6 yr deal.

BRUNNER!!!! ;_;

But instead we are getting:
Veteran forward Daniel Cleary to re-sign with Detroit Red Wings for three years

Daniel Cleary is going to remain with the Detroit Red Wings.

A source told MLive.com today that the free agent forward has agreed to a contract that will pay him roughly $2.6 million per season for three years.

The deal could be announced as early as today but the Red Wings have to release a player to get under the 50-man roster limit before they can re-sign Cleary.

reverse-1253886001_office-no.gif

vlW7L.gif

klfdjgaksl;djkdsa;fkjdsaklfsa;dafd AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLLAND YOU IDIOT!!!!! Just had to ruin everything good you did in the last day by doing this. DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: AND NOW WE ARE LOSING OUR TOP SCOUTS AND MANAGEMENT TO STUPID JIM NILL AND DALLAS, WHAT IS GOING ON TODAY!!!!!!

Gare Joyce ‏@GareJoyceNHL 1 min
This just in: Longtime DRW scouts Joe MacDonnell (head amateur) & Mark Leach (east area) have jumped to Dallas in Jim Nill's wake.
https://twitter.com/GareJoyceNHL/sta...01554323996673

Gare Joyce ‏@GareJoyceNHL 58 s
More on MacD/Leach: Strikes me as peculiar b/c I'd have thought there'd be non-compete component from DRW on Nill's release from contract.

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 1 min
MacDonnell is highly respected. Interesting that he's going off to Dallas now.

Gare Joyce ‏@GareJoyceNHL 1 min
More on MacD/Leach: Have to presume that Hakan Andersson will be a target for Jim Nill at some pt. HA has close work relationship with McD

Sean Lafortune ‏@SeanLafortune 50 s
Joe MacDonnell was one guy you saw everywhere. Big loss for the Red Wings, interested to see who gets promoted/hired.

I will flip if Hakan leaves us, I will flip out!!

I don't want to live anymore. Holland goes from having an awesome day to straight down hill in a fiery crash of death and destruction. Resign Cleary for 3 stupid years and 2 and a half million. He won't be able to skate by the time that contract is up let alone next year. Oh, then add on top of that is that our top scouts are leaving because of Jim Nill, and Hakan is rumored to be one he is trying to nab. SCREW EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit:

This sounds really, really bad:

Red Wings Central ‏@RedWingsCentral 2 min
There may be some significant changes coming in the #RedWings scouting staff as well. Stay tuned.

Fei

So how long until Wings GAF goes back to calling Holland the worst GM in the league?

I don't want to live anymore. Holland goes from having an awesome day to straight down hill in a fiery crash of death and destruction. Resign Cleary for 3 stupid years and 2 and a half million. He won't be able to skate by the time that contract is up let alone next year. Oh, then add on top of that is that our top scouts are leaving because of Jim Nill, and Hakan is rumored to be one he is trying to nab. SCREW EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You weren't kidding. :lol

You weren't kidding. :lol

Dastardly quoted the same thing about me on Alfie from the night before. The only good thing out of all of this is that I can see into the future I guess.

Someone hold me. :(

Edit: Did I mention that we still need to sign Smith, Andersson, and Nyquist to new RFA contracts? This signing will put us over the 50 contract mark because of the other 3 and that will put us way over the cap, not too mention he takes away spots from Nyquist, Tatar, and Andersson. Holland better have a dang Ace up his sleeve where we are trading a few guys for a solid top 3 defensemen. That is the only way he can redeem himself now, and even then I don't know if he can. WHAT A SUCKY DAY!

Marvie_3

Banned
Counting this post, I've only posted 4 times today and I'll be gone again tomorrow.
Anyone else find Kessel's twitter description hilarious?

"Nice guy, trys hard,loves the game."
You forgot to switch alts, Forza.

BRUNNER!!!! ;_;

vlW7L.gif

klfdjgaksl;djkdsa;fkjdsaklfsa;dafd AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLLAND YOU IDIOT!!!!! Just had to ruin everything good you did in the last day by doing this. DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: AND NOW WE ARE LOSING OUR TOP SCOUTS AND MANAGEMENT TO STUPID JIM NILL AND DALLAS, WHAT IS GOING ON TODAY!!!!!!

iM3S12wg3YKve.gif

Socreges

Banned
BRUNNER!!!! ;_;

vlW7L.gif

edit:

This sounds really, really bad:
yesjacknicholson.gif

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Well now they HAVE to make a trade to get under the cap and player limit... Soooo Eaves, Emmerton, Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, and Tootoo are the best bets unless giving up Tatar or Nqyuist along with a D man can land us a much much better D man.

+ Sign Alfie
+ Sign Weiss
+ Lose lazy Flip

- Lose Brunner
- Sign C%#$@ry
- Lose our top scouts
- Probably trade youth because we have no more contract spots/money

This is what I get for actually having some positive energy from yesterday. Positive thinking only leads to crash and burn disappointment, and you wonder why I stay negative.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
+ Sign Alfie
+ Sign Weiss
+ Lose lazy Flip

- Lose Brunner
- Sign C%#$@ry
- Lose our top scouts

This is what I get for actually having some positive energy from yesterday. Positive thinking only leads to crash and burn disappointment, and you wonder why I stay negative.
keep it up. The marvie effect will bring you a Cup.

Losing those scouts is really really going to suck...

Acid08

Banned
+ Sign Alfie
+ Sign Weiss
+ Lose lazy Flip

- Lose Brunner
- Sign C%#$@ry
- Lose our top scoutss

Thanks for the laughs :lol

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
The only bright spot of hope is that they haven't ACTUALLY re-signed him yet...

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comment...ess-reports-that-the-red-wings-arent-close-to

Detroit has not agreed with Cleary on a three-year contract that will pay him roughly $2.6 million a season.

The sticking point is the salary cap. They’d like to have Cleary back, but only if they’re able to shed some salary first.

Teams can go 10-percent over the salary cap during the offseason, but that’s something they don’t want to do.

In the meantime, Cleary is free to sign with any other team if he gets the deal he’s looking for.
If they can't move anyone, Cleary is SOL

Top Bottom